2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I’d believe in a Phoenix yellow color coming before the blue... but that’s just my opinion...
There is zero proof of yellow coming other then a shot of a car. The blue at least is on dealer screens would seem more concrete. They test cars of other colors than production colors all the time means nothing.
Sponsored

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
There is zero proof of yellow coming other then a shot of a car. The blue at least is on dealer screens would seem more concrete. They test cars of other colors than production colors all the time means nothing.
Oh no I know theirs zero proof of it coming, I’m just stating that if their was proof I’d presume it’d be a yellow instead of a blue. That’d mean they would have 3 different blues produced for the same vehicle... I just wanna hear real announcements from Honda, tired of seeing threads of oh 2020 new this! and it literally being a picture of a car or some hear say crap...

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh no I know theirs zero proof of it coming, I’m just stating that if their was proof I’d presume it’d be a yellow instead of a blue. That’d mean they would have 3 different blues produced for the same vehicle... I just wanna hear real announcements from Honda, tired of seeing threads of oh 2020 new this! and it literally being a picture of a car or some hear say crap...
I fell ya brother. I at least i'm my post try to make some sort of proof LOL. like everyone was looking at the color on that dealer screen no one noticed the different vin assembly location indicator. :) IM more curious about that then a color.

But on the yellow. I too like bright colors. but unfortunately for us. most of the general public does not. Just with numbers I would say the chances of a yellow are slim. just look around daily America loves drab dull cars. Blue is about as bright as any color I have seen around me. Nothing but black ,white, some variation of grey and dark reds and dark blues 99% of the time. Then you will see the rare orange subaru or the ones in the grey like the R. But brite colors don't sell in enough amounts to produce them. Honda made a lime bright green civic color last year I think. I have never seen one on the road and the dealer near me had to basically give the one away they had to get rid of it after a year of sitting. I think the chances of a yellow are slim to none to be honest. I had the fire opal pearl SI. I loved it. Most people didn't and Honda quit making it cause sales sucked on that color. 99% of Americans dont like bright colored cars and therefor manufacturers aren't gonna make them at least not as a standard option. Maybe a special edition at some point.

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
I fell ya brother. I at least i'm my post try to make some sort of proof LOL. like everyone was looking at the color on that dealer screen no one noticed the different vin assembly location indicator. :) IM more curious about that then a color.

But on the yellow. I too like bright colors. but unfortunately for us. most of the general public does not. Just with numbers I would say the chances of a yellow are slim. just look around daily America loves drab dull cars. Blue is about as bright as any color I have seen around me. Nothing but black ,white, some variation of grey and dark reds and dark blues 99% of the time. Then you will see the rare orange subaru or the ones in the grey like the R. But brite colors don't sell in enough amounts to produce them. Honda made a lime bright green civic color last year I think. I have never seen one on the road and the dealer near me had to basically give the one away they had to get rid of it after a year of sitting. I think the chances of a yellow are slim to none to be honest. I had the fire opal pearl SI. I loved it. Most people didn't and Honda quit making it cause sales sucked on that color. 99% of Americans dont like bright colored cars and therefor manufacturers aren't gonna make them at least not as a standard option. Maybe a special edition at some point.
I’m also curious about the vin # as well, and I totally agree with you on the whole most people don’t like bright cars thing. Hell I wouldn’t want a bright yellow or bright blue car cause that’d just be a ticket magnet for where I live. One reason why I avoided red. And I dunno if they’ll do a special but would be interesting though as to what color they’d choose.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
I’m also curious about the vin # as well, and I totally agree with you on the whole most people don’t like bright cars thing. Hell I wouldn’t want a bright yellow or bright blue car cause that’d just be a ticket magnet for where I live. One reason why I avoided red. And I dunno if they’ll do a special but would be interesting though as to what color they’d choose.
What's the deal with the vins? I missed it.

FriscoBrah

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Championship White Civic Type R
Country flag
The vin id/# is showing FK8G7LGW
There’s nothing odd about the VIN

FK8 = Model
G = Hatch 6MT
7 = Touring trim
L = VIN check digit
G = Model year which is 2018
W = Plant but in this case it’s a pre production as indicated

Last edited:
OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
Is this an announced color? Or rumored?
Boost Blue is an announced color from multiple sources. HPJ has been spot on in the past including the 2020 Hatchback vent changes (and pictures of) prior to release,

IHadToRun

First Name
Manuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Country flag
Boost Blue is an announced color from multiple sources. HPJ has been spot on in the past including the 2020 Hatchback vent changes (and pictures of) prior to release,
What’re the sources? I look it up but can’t seem to find anything.

kilo959

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R; 1995 Nissan Hardbody
Country flag
That car picture was taken in Ontario. Canada did not get a car of that color and does not have a car of that color. That is a tagged owned car so it is obviously not a 2020 car. How does this in anyway prove a new color is coming to the US with that picture?? It is a repaint or wrap is all it is. No news on the 2020 so people are just trying to create news. I mean since when does seeing a car a different color mean it is factory?

As for Honda pro jasons news. It is based off a dealer vehicle locator screen. But I remember dealer order screens back in 17 that showed interior options as well that we never got. so I would take it with a grain of salt. But if true no yellow...

I actually think there is bigger news in that pick then the color... look at the model number. The 11th digit of a vin represents the assembly plant. 17,18,19 it was a U. In this example it is a W so have they started producing elsewhere or planning too?

Screenshot_1.png
swindon plant production was to halt, I could have sworn they were moving production to the USA.

OP
OP
98-0425

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
What’re the sources? I look it up but can’t seem to find anything.
For one, the screenshot of Honda's iN in this thread posted by a dealership.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR 5AD3BF33-2A3D-4198-97E6-1F41C8E82DD5

For two, HPJ has been accurate. He posted the pic in the original post in the CTR owners FB page.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR 1E4A5B33-9950-48EE-B3B0-7D07BA61B24F

Lastly, I was skeptical from this source initially given the other features listed, but the Boost Blue info seems to have sprouted after this post... The takeaway, Boost Blue is likely solid info, the other features take for a grain of salt.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2020 Boost Blue Pearl CTR 46D4DA66-647B-4B2C-9D2C-23E3885AF8AA

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
There’s nothing odd about the VIN

FK8 = Model
G = Hatch 6MT
7 = Touring trim
L = VIN check digit
G = Model year which is 2018
W = Plant but in this case it’s a pre production as indicated
The assembly plant id is different. Where does it show its preproduction? The vin with the different assembly plant number was in the search showing the supposed new blue color.
Sponsored