2019 Veloster N

Boba Debt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Ram 1500 Quad Cab Long Bed, 2017 WRX STi
Country flag
I was going to buy a Type R in a couple years once the STI was paidf off but now I have another FWD tubo to consider
Sponsored

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Has Hyundai ever nailed a sporty car? Have they ever offered a car that handled as good or better than the competition? Have they ever offered a manual transmission that didn't have issues or feel like you were rowing through a bucket of bolts? The original Veloster was mediocre as was the Genesis coupe and I don't expect this one to be any different as these cars will always be for those that want a sporty car on the cheap not a car amongst the best in class.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
Not bad at all

kritz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17Civic SI sedan
Not crazy about the interior design/material quality. The performance should be very good given the specs.

WhiteCivicSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si
Country flag
Has Hyundai ever nailed a sporty car? Have they ever offered a car that handled as good or better than the competition? Have they ever offered a manual transmission that didn't have issues or feel like you were rowing through a bucket of bolts? The original Veloster was mediocre as was the Genesis coupe and I don't expect this one to be any different as these cars will always be for those that want a sporty car on the cheap not a car amongst the best in class.
I share similar thoughts. I drove a 3.8 genesis coupe for 4 years and just traded it in for my Si. I would take the Si any day. The overall drivability and just all the little things put into the infamous Honda quality just make it such a better experience. I don't even miss the extra horse power because of this.. at this point at least.

On the other hand, I wouldn't completely rule out Hyundai tho. No doubt there are some growing pains but compared to where they were a decade ago, they have come a long way. They still have an uphill battle but I'm excited to see what this car really offers. I hope it hits all the marks in terms of driver quality. Always happy to have more proper competition on the market. A win for Hyundai is a win for all of us really.

Last edited:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
This would compete more with Type R then Si for sure.
Not a chance against the Type R.
It competes more with the 2.0T SI that we never got.

Fills the void that Honda left between the actual SI and the Type R.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
This is a new breed of Hyundai. It's a product designed by Albert Biermann... a German guy who is the head of Hyundai's new N division. He's not just any German guy either. He was the head of BMW's M division before take the Hyundai job. I have the feeling this car will pretty much nail the performance for the money.

I suspect this car will more than give the GTI and Focus ST a run for the money and be a cheaper alternative (but not as good) to the Type R.

Froggie3kb

HondaProKevin.com
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.HondaProKevin.com
Vehicle(s)
CTR, S2000, RSX-S, Accord, CR-V
Country flag
I'm just over here sad that this car was just announced and it has already been released on Forza 7 as of today but we have still yet to get our car yet... insert sad face here :( lol

MatadorCE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tacoma
Good move but they should have brought the i30 N instead of the Veloster. The three-door thing plus small size doesn't really stack up again even the regular Civic hatch, but I can see these being the choice of "tuners" (aka high school/college kids). Hopefully if they sell enough of these, then they'll bring over the i30 N.

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Good move but they should have brought the i30 N instead of the Veloster. The three-door thing plus small size doesn't really stack up again even the regular Civic hatch, but I can see these being the choice of "tuners" (aka high school/college kids). Hopefully if they sell enough of these, then they'll bring over the i30 N.
:werd:

Chee_hu

First Name
Sherwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
#611 Rallye Red CTR | 1998 Civic EX | 2007 Honda Fit Sport
Country flag
These look a lot better than the Hyundai Excel sedan that my mom drove when we were little lol!