2019 type r oil change suggestions

1. et4891

et4891 Member

First Name:
    ET
    Car(s):
    Civic Type R 2019
    Sorry for being really new at this, I am thinking of doing oil change by a friend instead of going to dealership. I am wondering if there's any brand / type engine oil and filter I should get or any would be good enough? Friend can get me engine oil (from the company) from either bmw / toyota / lexus personally as he knows people, would the engine oil from the dealership good enough? or there is a specific type / brand I should get?

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.

2. LuckyTypeROwner18

LuckyTypeROwner18 Senior Member

Radiologic Technologist
    First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    2018 Honda Civic Type R
    Your going to get a very wide range of opinions and answers as well as the possible and occasional talk regarding oil dilution. My best advice is to stick with OEM Honda recommended oil/filter. Oil change frequencies as well as weight can also be dependent on driving style (ie. are you a daily commuter -- all freeway or stop and go city, or just drive just on weekends or track use). Things to think about...good luck and enjoy the new R :spaz:!!!

TypeR604 thanked this.
  3. EnjoyDriving

EnjoyDriving Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CW FK8
    I use AMOIL oil and filter for mine, and will install a Fumoto oil drain valve :thumbsup:

4. TypeR604

TypeR604 I choose to live by choice not by chance.

First Name:
    JM
    Car(s):
    Fk8 Type R

What's up fellow fk8 owner? So I basically don't track my R but daily drive it what kind of oil would you recommend for me to use? Does it have to be different on winter and summer season?

5. OneSickFK8

OneSickFK8 Senior Member

First Name:
    Jae
    Car(s):
    PMM FK8
    AMS Oil and Purolator Boss filter. 3-4000 mile changes. Record mileage and keep your receipts in case you need warranty ever.

TypeR604 thanked this.