et4891

First Name
ET
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2019
Country flag
Sorry for being really new at this, I am thinking of doing oil change by a friend instead of going to dealership. I am wondering if there's any brand / type engine oil and filter I should get or any would be good enough? Friend can get me engine oil (from the company) from either bmw / toyota / lexus personally as he knows people, would the engine oil from the dealership good enough? or there is a specific type / brand I should get?

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.
Sponsored

LuckyTypeROwner18

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for being really new at this, I am thinking of doing oil change by a friend instead of going to dealership. I am wondering if there's any brand / type engine oil and filter I should get or any would be good enough? Friend can get me engine oil (from the company) from either bmw / toyota / lexus personally as he knows people, would the engine oil from the dealership good enough? or there is a specific type / brand I should get?

Thanks in advance for any help / suggestions.
Your going to get a very wide range of opinions and answers as well as the possible and occasional talk regarding oil dilution. My best advice is to stick with OEM Honda recommended oil/filter. Oil change frequencies as well as weight can also be dependent on driving style (ie. are you a daily commuter -- all freeway or stop and go city, or just drive just on weekends or track use). Things to think about...good luck and enjoy the new R :spaz:!!!

TypeR604

I choose to live by choice not by chance.
First Name
JM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8 Type R
Country flag
Your going to get a very wide range of opinions and answers as well as the possible and occasional talk regarding oil dilution. My best advice is to stick with OEM Honda recommended oil/filter. Oil change frequencies as well as weight can also be dependent on driving style (ie. are you a daily commuter -- all freeway or stop and go city, or just drive just on weekends or track use). Things to think about...good luck and enjoy the new R :spaz:!!!

What's up fellow fk8 owner? So I basically don't track my R but daily drive it what kind of oil would you recommend for me to use? Does it have to be different on winter and summer season?

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
AMS Oil and Purolator Boss filter. 3-4000 mile changes. Record mileage and keep your receipts in case you need warranty ever.
Sponsored