Akutober

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 CTR CW
Country flag
Hello, I found the best deal in my area to by MSRP + $2k accessories. (Alarm and Paint Sealant)

I am gathering thoughts to see if this would be a good purchase since the market here is very awful, and even if I MSRP out of state it might total to be MSRP +$1k anyway. I don't want to go through another round of looking for a 2020 deal since the process was not fun.

Is anyone holding off for 2020 Model? If so, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Aku
Sponsored

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020 will be heavily taxed due to the new features. id take advantage when the new one drops to buy a leftover from 2019.

ceravis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
1 vote here for 2019 (confirmation bias since I just bought one Saturday ;) -- if you're really on the fence, I second the above advice to wait until 2020 officially announced/released to make an informed decision. There will almost certainly be some 2019s around for a while yet...

Good luck!

WindJunkie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE USA-367, 2011 Civic Si (FA5)
Country flag
I'd wait. You don't have that good of a deal on your hands with $2k over MSRP. On the other hand, the 2020 CTR is subject to a price hike (not confirmed but possible nonetheless). Either way, I'd try to find a better deal than $2k over MSRP mate

TypeSiR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1.5T Civic, Fit, MX-5, CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2020. Trading mine in if I can secure a Phoenix Yellow '20. Announcement should be around the corner (within 2 months?).

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I wouldn't waste money on the dealers "paint sealant" or "ceramic coating" when you can get a bottle of the stuff for $25 and do it yourself. I made the terrible mistake of getting it and I've got paint chips out the ass already, one weird spot where the glossy clear coat part of the white chipped off and there's a dull matte color showing. At least it didn't chip to Black like the rest of the car. Brand new 2019 type r and the paint is already getting dicked up. Really hope the clear coat doesn't fade like it did on my 2007 Si. Luckily they issued a recall on it and I got it repainted without having to pay a dime.
Sponsored