2019 Si will not get new bumpers

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Kinda hard to believe they’d give the sport model the same grille, wheels, and exhaust as the Si. Hopefully they come out with at least a new wheel design on the Si or make the HFP wheels standard on all Si’s
Oh god hope not. Those HFP wheels are just plain, dull and dirty looking. Only thing going for them is their 19inch and a fancy white HFP sticker. The current Si wheels are gorgeous...moving or stationary
Sponsored

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Won’t that be the 11th generation by 2020?
Sedan and coupe won't be due for an update until MY 2022 at the earliest. Hatch is reportedly a year after that. It's possible the Si could get the hatch's refreshed bumper in 2020. If it does, could mean the Si follows the hatch production schedule, which would be unusual.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Sedan and coupe won't be due for an update until MY 2022 at the earliest. Hatch is reportedly a year after that. It's possible the Si could get the hatch's refreshed bumper in 2020. If it does, could mean the Si follows the hatch production schedule, which would be unusual.
Any proof yet that the 2019 Si won't receive any redesigned bumpers? That's really the only thing holding me back from pulling the trigger on an 18. That and maybe the volume knob, but that's not a huge deal breaker for me. Especially if we don't get Honda Sensing (per the 2019 Si Honda spec page).

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Parts catalogue was recently released. Bumpers, spoiler, and wheels are staying the same. The white has been modified into Platinum White, the coupe dropped the Energy Green and Tonic Yellow added. Some accessories were dropped and new ones added like an upgraded fabric on the armrest. Finally, we get LED fog lights, but lose the front bumper bra (Have to wait for the hatchback catalogue to be released to see if it’s even offered at all). Spare tire is only available as an accessory, standard on the Sport.

That’s it for exterior.
Quick update - the parts catalog is showing 33900 - TBA - A01 & 33950 - TBA - A01 for the fogs. Also, no mention of LED on the spec sheet like it does for the CTR.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers upload_2018-10-18_15-18-17

My gut says the Si will get exterior enhancements next year with the hatch, or not at all.

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Unfortunately once they discontinued energy green I lost interest in any changes to the car since that color outweighs any possible changes that they could make that the car overall

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Unfortunately once they discontinued energy green I lost interest in any changes to the car since that color outweighs any possible changes that they could make that the car overall

LOL. Hopefully this is sarcasm if not well.....

OP
OP

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
The “HDMI” tip on the Sport sedan is smaller than the one on the Si. That’s because the Sport only has one muffler vs the Si’s two. I haven’t measured the opening of the bumper to see if it’ll fit the Si tip.

BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
yeah and that new color they replaced it with it uuuuuglly!

OP
OP

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Note: the new ebrake switch with the LED does not plug into the 16-18 models. The plug is different.

The lettering is a slightly darker shade, so even if it did it would have looked off.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers CE41BEC9-235A-4D62-A15E-54125D70EB96

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Note: the new ebrake switch with the LED does not plug into the 16-18 models. The plug is different.

The lettering is a slightly darker shade, so even if it did it would have looked off.

CE41BEC9-235A-4D62-A15E-54125D70EB96.jpeg
Thanks for the picture. When you said the plug is different, does it has the same amount of wiring pins or additional wire is there to support the light?

The plug, on 16-18 civic, can be replaced easily if the same amount of pins are there. It will need more works if additional wire is needed.

Spike Spiegel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Civic Si coupe
Country flag
With the new "sport" line, it makes me feel like my SI is less special :(
Maybe it's time to upgrade wheels and change out the HDMI exhaust
I absolutely can't stand when automakers do this. They dive into their parts bin and put higher-trim doodads on the lower trim models. This has the effect of making the higher end trims feel a little less unique and a little less special.

Dodge is absolutely notorious for doing this... they've continued to pass formerly exclusive parts down from their demon and hellcat lines down to SRT's, Scat Packs and now even V6 Challengers and Chargers! I'd be kinda pissed if I spent $65K on a Hellcat and saw a SXT V6 Challenger that looks almost identical driving down the road.

Exclusivity is a thing... and we pay for it.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Meh, I'll take function over exclusivity any day of the week.

The Si retains its performance where it matters - LSD, bolsters, suspension, and powertrain. :cool:

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Did anyone check in the catalog if Honda updated the clutch or Clutch Master cylinder for 2019?

Last edited:

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Did anyone check if Honda updated the clutch or Clutch Master cylinder for 2019?
I should be getting mine between the 23rd and 27th. I won't be snooping around under the hood, but what should I be checking for as I'm driving? To feel if the clutch is just as light and has the same catch point as the previous years' models? Or is there something else you're looking for, like a feel in the shifting?

Lukifer

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The “HDMI” tip on the Sport sedan is smaller than the one on the Si. That’s because the Sport only has one muffler vs the Si’s two. I haven’t measured the opening of the bumper to see if it’ll fit the Si tip.
Yeah the HDMI "sport" exhaust tip def looks smaller

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers Capture.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited: