BoostedSiCoupe

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
well i dont mind i have tue coupe and the bunpers look great on it. now the sedan on the other hand... lol that rear bumper is fucking butt ugly. why honda wont fix that shit is beyond me.
Sponsored

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Even though It wouldn’t benefit me I think it would be cool if they give the 2019 Si the fake suede fabric.

Honda has been addressing complaints and the material in the Si has been bitched about often.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Was really hoping for a change in the Sedan's rear bumpers. However, if it came at the cost of having an uglier front like the current 2019 Civic front looks, I don't know if I would be for that change.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Looks like no collision avoidance or adaptive cruise for si also.as I see no radars.so there looks like pretty much same as before except has volume knob for radio.
Even if the 2018 SI did have Collision Avoidance, it is not something that I would ever consider turning on.. far too prone to false detentions -- so it actually makes sense to me for Honda not to have fitted that option in the 2019 SI as well.

I assume it is not fitted in the "R" either ??

But even more reason to assume the Radio has not changed ..

And the $64,000 question remains unanswered :
"Is the 2019 Radio just the 2018 radio with volume control ADDED to the screen unit , or a new Modern Radio with a volume knob."

Note: The radio is in 2 parts.
(1) The 2DIN radio box, with all the electronics.
(2) The LCD screen, with the touch panel combined.
The two units connect to each other with a cable.

So it would not be beyond possibility, that Honda may have just changed the LCD Panel assembly (to add a mechanical volume control), and left the actual Radio Unit electronics the same. = a very inexpensive change to keep the Volume Control seekers satisfied.

A new OEM radio, with all the specialized custom interfacing that Honda would need to interface to all the system they already have in the car, would be a major development project.
If Honda were indeed doing this, they would surely be Talking about the "New, FAST, upgraded, modern, Android 8/9 system", in all their press releases.
Instead, all they seem to be saying is "The Radio will have a Mechanical/Rotary volume control".

Will be interesting to see .. I will be inside the 1st 2019 SI to hit my local Dealer, to check it out.

BTW: My Dealer does not seem to have much of a clue about the Radios in the cars, it took them forever just to find the one person in the Dealership that even knew how to Pair a Bluetooth phone to the radio !!!

OP
OP

FC1E5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Even if the 2018 SI did have Collision Avoidance, it is not something that I would ever consider turning on.. far too prone to false detentions -- so it actually makes sense to me for Honda not to have fitted that option in the 2019 SI as well.

"Is the 2019 Radio just the 2018 radio with volume control ADDED to the screen unit , or a new Modern Radio with a volume knob."

So it would not be beyond possibility, that Honda may have just changed the LCD Panel assembly (to add a mechanical volume control), and left the actual Radio Unit electronics the same. = a very inexpensive change to keep the Volume Control seekers satisfied.

A new OEM radio, with all the specialized custom interfacing that Honda would need to interface to all the system they already have in the car, would be a major development project.
If Honda were indeed doing this, they would surely be Talking about the "New, FAST, upgraded, modern, Android 8/9 system", in all their press releases.
Instead, all they seem to be saying is "The Radio will have a Mechanical/Rotary volume control".

Will be interesting to see .. I will be inside the 1st 2019 SI to hit my local Dealer, to check it out.

BTW: My Dealer does not seem to have much of a clue about the Radios in the cars, it took them forever just to find the one person in the Dealership that even knew how to Pair a Bluetooth phone to the radio !!!
The new audio unit uses the same brackets and mounting. It is safe to assume that it will bolt right up. As far as the connectors, we will have to wait for the schematics to be released.

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Here's a silly question:

Is it possible to get the sedan's rear bumper replaced with a coupe's rear bumper? I'd obviously have to get the part, but would it fit appropriately, naturally, and properly? Or would something be really far off about that?

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
Here's a silly question:

Is it possible to get the sedan's rear bumper replaced with a coupe's rear bumper? I'd obviously have to get the part, but would it fit appropriately, naturally, and properly? Or would something be really far off about that?
This is just a guess, but I don't think so. I'm pretty sure the entire rear end of the body is quite different. Trunklid, roofline, rear quarter panels. The coupe is around 5" shorter than the sedan, and it's not just the bumper.

I attached a side-by-side comparison photo. You can see the trunklid wouldnt align, the mounting point against the body panel is not the same size or place, and your exhaust would be too long.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers signal-2018-09-28-075553

Last edited:

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That sucks. Was really hoping they'd realize how terrible the sedan's back bumper looks.
I guess grass is always greener on the other side.

Lots of people outside of North America are looking for the Si rear bumper ever since the Si sedan is released. Now someone finally make a copy of the rear bumper with the trapezoid muffler tip conversion kit.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers db7614e7-54c1-455c-b399-9f0d36e8ae2d.JPG

delsorbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic si sedan '18
Country flag

I've gotten used to the volume control. Mainly do it on the steering wheel and hit the power button to mute

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I've gotten used to the volume control. Mainly do it on the steering wheel and hit the power button to mute
I have a Head Unit in my Maxima that has a Volume control.
If I am driving, I NEVER use it .. I always use the buttons on the steering wheel.

However, if I am Parked, and playing with the Radio, I always use the Volume Knob on the radio.
If I am parked in the Si, and playing with the radio, I do not find it that difficult to use the Touch Slider on the Screen ..

But this is the BIG Difference :-

Since there is so little to play with on the Honda Radio, (it is so dumb-down), there is not much that can be played with it when parked.

The "Wide Open" Android unit in the Maxima, sits there, just begging to be played with :-
There is always some new App to try, or a Menus to change -- or a new Player to check out .. so in that case, the Mechanical Volume control is nice... but I really do not miss it on the Honda.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Since the grill on the 2019 comes without the horizontal strip, I wonder where are they going to put the Si emblem?

They'd probably put it on top of the grill like the Honda Fit RS I assume.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si will not get new bumpers Honda-Civic_Si_Concept-2016-1600-12

Luckyarmpit

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 VW Golf R, 2003 Wrangler TJ
Country flag
But has their been a press release on the Si? I'm very interested to know about the head unit. I've got a call into the place to where I bought my car, asking to see the first '19 Si that hits his lot. If the mounting brackets are the same, that's encouraging. Means that perhaps the '19 HU can (hopefully) be installed in existing Sis.

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
The interior changes noted in the press release, those were primarily adding the active safety features to all models and a volume knob, right? How are the emergency braking and adaptive cruise control supposed to work with a manual transmission?
They work perfectly fine on my 6MT sport touring hatch.

ACC will turn off if you hit the brakes, just like in the automatic. You can work the clutch and gas when accelerating and rev-match downshifting, as long as the clutch isn't engaged >5 sec, ACC will remain on.

CMBS is only supposed to save you by starting to apply the brakes before you notice that they need to be. As soon as it engages, your reaction is to get on the clutch/brakes and either stop or downshift to an appropriate gear.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Couple thoughts on the reasoning:
  • The design is shared with the hatch which has been reported to be on a 2020 MMC schedule. We could see a change then (unlikely).
  • The Si has a relatively short production run (late 2017-2020). Quite costly to change the mold stamping on relatively few units, and further distances the Si from its Sport Sedan/Coupe cousins.
I'll add that it's very likely that the Sport rear bumpers could bolt right up to the 17/18 Si, should anyone be interested.
Sponsored