2019 Si Sedan subwoofer snaring

dodger2710

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX Sedan
Country flag
I've only had my car for 2 months and the sub is already snaring at factory set levels, I don't blast my audio and don't listen to heavy bass music. I've turned down the subwoofer setting down but the audio has almost non-existent bass now. Anyone have the same issue? What aftermarket direct fit sub's are you running? Thanks
Sponsored

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I've only had my car for 2 months and the sub is already snaring at factory set levels, I don't blast my audio and don't listen to heavy bass music. I've turned down the subwoofer setting down but the audio has almost non-existent bass now. Anyone have the same issue? What aftermarket direct fit sub's are you running? Thanks
There aren't any direct fit replacements for the sub.

Try shimming up your rear deck and glass with neoprene or foam. It's more likely deck rattle than it is the sub

If you want to go all out, dampening mat along with shims

RobXsi

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nata
Country flag

Snaring??

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
Never heard of snaring before. My guess is that the subwoofer and rear speakers are causing the plastics and panel to vibrate. Mine was doing this the day I picked up mine. I have yet to add some foam and sound deadening, but I bet that will fix most of your issue. Aftermarket subwoofer and speakers are on the way for me in the future, but for now it is fine.

BarracksSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Sport Touring Hatch; '17 CR-V EX. Formerly '02 EP3.
Country flag
"snaring" = "rattling" like a snare drum?

Figure out where the rattle is coming from. There are a lot of plastic panels all over the car, so push on those until it gets quiet.

Look for anything loose, like a stray coin or a random screw. Open the spare tire area and look down there.

The last possibility would be a misaligned voice coil in the sub.

You're still under warranty, too. Go play the stereo for the dealer and make them work for you.
Sponsored