JerBenSi

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 ABM Honda Civic Si, 2017 Hyundai Tucson 1.6T Limited
Country flag
Hi guys and gals. My wife has already the 2018 2.0T with 10spd auto. I am looking into selling our 2017 Hyundai Tuscon 1.6T Limited. I am interested in the Civic Si. But I went to my local Honda dealership yesterday, they had 2 Honda Accord Sport 1.5Ts with the 6 speed manual, one in black and one in red. They were marking them down to $21,990. Do you guys think it would be weird if we had to Accord Sports in the garage? hehe. Im sure I can shave off a little more off the price for even better deal. But what do you guys think? I was pretty set on the Si. But it is hard to ignore that price on the Accord Sport 1.5. Thanks ahead for your "bias and partial" :} thoughts and suggestions.
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Accord: Honda Sensing, bigger car, bigger trunk, LED headlamps, LED fogs, 19" alloys, 192 HP, blind spot moinitoring...

Civic Si: 205 HP, halogen headlamp and fogs, 18" alloys, Lanewatch, active dampener suspension, better handling, better front seats...

Just some of the things that jumped out to me. For the price you mentioned, the Accord is appealing. But for overall enjoyment and performance, I think I would go for the Si.

my .02 cents

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
I actually looked into the 2018 Sport 2.0 before the Si. Personally I feel the Accord in the 1.5, due to the size and weight, would be too sluggish (many have reported this too). If I was going with the Accord, it would definitely have to be the 2.0. It was very nice overall, but then I test drove a Civic hatchback and it was more engaging to drive and was much cheaper too. The Honda sensing stuff was nice, but I really liked the size, handling and feel of the Si instead. I also wanted a limited slip diff. Ended up with a 2019 Si and am very happy after some slight mods.

DRuby

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Si, 2013 CR-V
Country flag
Price is nice. I considered the Accord but the power/weight ratio was a concern. In a 2.0, that's a different matter.

OP
OP

JerBenSi

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Accord: Honda Sensing, bigger car, bigger trunk, LED headlamps, LED fogs, 19" alloys, 192 HP, blind spot moinitoring...

Civic Si: 205 HP, halogen headlamp and fogs, 18" alloys, Lanewatch, active dampener suspension, better handling, better front seats...

Just some of the things that jumped out to me. For the price you mentioned, the Accord is appealing. But for overall enjoyment and performance, I think I would go for the Si.

my .02 cents

Yeah. I test drove them back to back. The Si was a totally different beast. I was just caught by surprised by that discount price of the 2018 Accord Sport 1,5T. I dont want to purchase something just because its a great deal. I am leaning towards the Si.

OP
OP

JerBenSi

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I actually looked into the 2018 Sport 2.0 before the Si. Personally I feel the Accord in the 1.5, due to the size and weight, would be too sluggish (many have reported this too). If I was going with the Accord, it would definitely have to be the 2.0. It was very nice overall, but then I test drove a Civic hatchback and it was more engaging to drive and was much cheaper too. The Honda sensing stuff was nice, but I really liked the size, handling and feel of the Si instead. I also wanted a limited slip diff. Ended up with a 2019 Si and am very happy after some slight mods.
That LSD and the adjustable dampeners is pushing me torwards the Si.

OP
OP

JerBenSi

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Price is nice. I considered the Accord but the power/weight ratio was a concern. In a 2.0, that's a different matter.
After the test driving of the Accord 1.5T, I agree. I guess I needed a little validation for the Si. :) .... Now only if I can that same type of deal on a 2019 Si.

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah. I test drove them back to back. The Si was a totally different beast. I was just caught by surprised by that discount price of the 2018 Accord Sport 1,5T. I dont want to purchase something just because its a great deal. I am leaning towards the Si.
And, of course, you already have a 2.0T Accord Sport... The Si would be a perfect addition to the livery. :)

OP
OP

JerBenSi

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
And, of course, you already have a 2.0T Accord Sport... The Si would be a perfect addition to the livery. :)
This is true. I guess i wanted to see if anyone would go for the 1.5T Accord Sport for that low price over a Si.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
We are also looking at the 1.5T Sport 6MT for the wife. We could do another Si Sedan, but I really like the Sensing and LED package in the Accord. And the interior is a tad more refined, despite the lack of heated seats.

You may be surprised at how good of a price you can get on the Si. I got my 2017 for just under $23K before TTL.

alexrawdriguez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Country flag
I would only consider the accord over the Si if it was 2.0 model but that is just my opinion. I feel like 1.5 would be too sluggish in an accord so with that said Si> now if your getting the 2.0 accord now that I would debate over the Si depending on what you want from the car.

NHCivicGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 R
Country flag
This is true. I guess i wanted to see if anyone would go for the 1.5T Accord Sport for that low price over a Si.
I did see a few people get a 2019 Si for 20-22k and I wasn’t too far off of that myself.

ebhaynz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2017
Country flag
I'd go with the Accord as long as you can tune it. Also, does the dealer charge 900 for "dealer fee"?
NOTE: I just checked and yes, they have Ktuner for Honda Accord Sport 1.5!

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Love the interior of the accord, especially with the 2.0 and the push button gear selection. I generally like small cars over big and I also looked at both. Si is about the driving experience and having fun in the curves, mountains, on/off ramps etc. not saying you can’t do that in the accord, just not to the limit, with as much ease, or as with much fun as the Si. If that’s not what you’re after, as you do give up some comfort and practicality, it’s the accord all day. As simple as that to me.

YankeeSi

First Name
jerad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 si sedan
Country flag
I'd never consider the 1.5t accord, it's sluggish and all around under powered for daily driving. I owned the 2.0t 10A accord sport, bought one a week after they got delivered. Ran the ktuner on it and it was phenomenal car, drove it across the country from virginia to Cali and honestly i'd choose that car again over the si. A ktuned accord 2.0 sport is quick and more than enough for merging power. I only got rid of it due to missing driving a manual and the si had a better aftermarket.
Sponsored