2019 Si - No All Season Tires

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
So I just got an interesting phone call from the gentleman that sold me my 2o19 Si.

A new detail about the 2019 Si model is that summer tires were no longer supposed to be available from the factory, but as a dealer option. Even on my window sticker, it says they are supposed to be All-Season. He had another customer notice that his tires were instead Summer Performance tires, so the salesman went out to the lot and checked every other 2019 Si they had. Shockingly all of them were on summer tires when they aren't supposed to.

To some people this might be a win, but living in Ohio, I'm just very lucky we haven't had a big snow storm yet or I could have potentially ended up in a ditch considering I drive 50 miles one way to work every day.

There was no word yet as to what Honda has said or what they plan to do, but I wanted to put the word out as quickly as possible for anyone else driving a new 2019 Si. Check your tires and call your local service center!
Sponsored

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
My '19 came w/ the summer tires as well which surprised me. I noticed when I was looking at it on the lot and I asked the salesman about it, but he seemed a bit clueless. Since I knew the summer tires were previously an upgrade option and I wanted summer tires eventually anyways, I let it go. I'll be getting a winter tire setup at some point and driving my WRX the remainder of this winter.

Zcfc3dc5

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si, 2002 Acura rsx type s, 2011 Nissan Titan
Country flag
So I just got an interesting phone call from the gentleman that sold me my 2o19 Si.

A new detail about the 2019 Si model is that summer tires were no longer supposed to be available from the factory, but as a dealer option. Even on my window sticker, it says they are supposed to be All-Season. He had another customer notice that his tires were instead Summer Performance tires, so the salesman went out to the lot and checked every other 2019 Si they had. Shockingly all of them were on summer tires when they aren't supposed to.

To some people this might be a win, but living in Ohio, I'm just very lucky we haven't had a big snow storm yet or I could have potentially ended up in a ditch considering I drive 50 miles one way to work every day.

There was no word yet as to what Honda has said or what they plan to do, but I wanted to put the word out as quickly as possible for anyone else driving a new 2019 Si. Check your tires and call your local service center!
I noticed this when I bought my si on December 2nd and I’m also in Ohio. I looked at a brand new 2018 leftover and a 2019. I ended up buying the 2018. I didn’t only buy the 18 for the all season tires but I did notice the 19 had summer tires.

bhwks61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I’m in Chicago and bought my 19 SI in early December and had the same issue. I told the dealer they need to honor the details on the window sticker that stated all season tire. They ordered new all seasons from tire rack and put them on for me, no charge. If you want all seasons the dealer needs to honor the details on the window sticker.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
I'm just wondering if the dealer would let me keep the summer tires as well if I say something. Obviously they couldn't resell them to someone. I don't even really want the A/S tires, but until I get a set of winters, I'm not driving the summers around if it's below 40 F.

Last edited:

Justinus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None.
I’m in Chicago and bought my 19 SI in early December and had the same issue. I told the dealer they need to honor the details on the window sticker that stated all season tire. They ordered new all seasons from tire rack and put them on for me, no charge. If you want all seasons the dealer needs to honor the details on the window sticker.
Did they order you the Goodyear Eagle Sports that normally come on the Si or did you luck out and get a better quality all season out of it?

bhwks61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Did they order you the Goodyear Eagle Sports that normally come on the Si or did you luck out and get a better quality all season out of it?
Got lucky and they put on Eagle F1 all seasons

xxmorpheus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe Rallye Red
Country flag

I had the same problem, the hot chick that sold me my 19 si told me was all season. Were summer performance tires when i drove off. I bitched to dealer. They gave me a 700 dollar set of snow tires free. All season tires are shit, not good enough to handle sharply on dry roads, and tread isnt good enough to handle the extremely horrible snow in ohio. Go bitch at them for a set of winter tires and keep the summers like i did :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

ablueSI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic SI Sedan
Country flag
What! No fair.

Not a fan of the all-seasons on my Si. Mainly because front-end grip is lacking and sometimes can't keep up with the quick steering.

Anyone have any insight into returning a leased vehicle on non OEM tires? Or, if I have to, the Eagle F1s?

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
in Canada they don’t know what summer performance tires are. Hence I was forced to take the garbage all seasons. Would have gladly taken the summers if they made mistakes like you all are mentioning

jakabony

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2019 Honda CR-V EX-L, 2017 Subaru Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m in Pittsburgh. If you want a set of gently used all seasons, take a trip out here and we can switch.

WOPSiWOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The only 2019 I’ve seen was equipped with summer tires even though window sticker said all-seasons. There was no additional dealer markup for the summer rubber though, which I thought odd since dealers never miss a chance to charge extra. They certainly listed the “nano paint protection” for + $500. Guess this must be some Honda issue. Does seem like a win to me, though I do live in the sun belt. I’d work on getting a set of winters and keep the summers. The all-seasons are blah.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
For the ones who got the summer tires by pleasant accident, what sort of tire does the door jam tire spec sticker mention? A/S or summer tire?

Bri-Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R Aegean Blue Metallic
Country flag
Also live in Dayton, Ohio and traded my 17 Si coupe in for a 19 Si sedan at Voss Honda three weeks ago. I noticed the summer performance tires when I got the car home and washed it (it was pouring down rain when I picked it up). I contacted my salesman and they contacted Honda. They admitted the mistake and new all-season tires were ordered and installed within 2 days. Would have liked to keep the summer tires, but like you said, probably not the best idea for Ohio winters.

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Honda could be held liable if someone is in an accident because of this. Plenty of people out there that don't know anything about tires could be driving around on these summer tires thinking they have all seasons.
Sponsored