2019 Si Cup Holder Situation

First Name
Ms. Platypus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
How are you guys dealing with the shitty console design? I feel like the first cup holder interferes with shifting (especially in cups that have straws that stick up out the top) and access to the second cup holder deprives you of an arm rest. If you take the two holder insert out and try to use the deeper cup holder beneath, the cup slide around, because the cup indentation is very shallow.

Anyone know of any mods or ways around this that make it less of a pain in the ass? I need my morning iced coffee fix to be a functional human being, so it sounds silly and dumb, but any input, mods, and/or discoveries for function that you can share would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Civicbruh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe, 2013 Kawasaki ZX6R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not sure if there is a way around this other than using cups without straws. I'm sure there are a few adapter cup holders you can get off amazon. You could also get one of those vacuum insulated travel cups and make your own coffee to save money and solve your problem. Also no drinks in the car = weight reduction bro.

Weeks

First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I use this cup I got from Starbucks a while back, holds a Grande-sized amount of latte, and fits perfectly in the cup holder. It's flat on top so it doesn't bother me when shifting:

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si Cup Holder Situation pkLhTkL

OP
OP
adamantplatypus
First Name
Ms. Platypus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
I use this cup I got from Starbucks a while back, holds a Grande-sized amount of latte, and fits perfectly in the cup holder. It's flat on top so it doesn't bother me when shifting:

pkLhTkL.jpg

That's a nice thermos thingy. I likes.

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
Part # 83446-TBA-AA1ZA, in case you havn't found a fix.

2019s cup holders have been fixed. Only know this because my roomate has a 2019 and his cup holders are different. Still waiting on mine to get here from Honda.

Apone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si, 2015 Lexus RC-F
Country flag
Part # 83446-TBA-AA1ZA, in case you havn't found a fix.

2019s cup holders have been fixed. Only know this because my roomate has a 2019 and his cup holders are different. Still waiting on mine to get here from Honda.
Isn't the new design to add the "fingers" inside of it that hold/grip smaller cups? It looks the same depth but I've not seen one in real life like you. I agree that the original design gets in the way and has me using either smaller travel cups or putting my water in the door pocket.

Vilex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Si, 2012 Honda Fit, 2008 Ridgeline
Country flag
Isn't the new design to add the "fingers" inside of it that hold/grip smaller cups? It looks the same depth but I've not seen one in real life like you. I agree that the original design gets in the way and has me using either smaller travel cups or putting my water in the door pocket.
Basically. All they do is secure smaller cups better.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Si Cup Holder Situation img_20181224_091938-

DyM

First Name
Dmitry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have a tall autosealing tumbler. I put it all the way at the bottom of the center console in front of the USB port, and then I slide the cup holder part forward to brace the tumbler and keep it from... well, tumbling. Keeps it out of my way during shifts, and still allows access to the elbow rest. Adapt and overcome.:drive: