First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Hello everyone. First time poster here.
I got a 2019 Si coupe a week or so ago, and was disappointed with the sound system. I've already replaced the front speakers, but I was struggling with how to mount some replacement 4 inch speakers on the rear deck. I'm not a fan of drilling through metal and like to use the stock mounting hardware if possible.
I cut out the speaker cones out of the rear speakers, but was left with a large gap between the mount and the 4" Focals I bought (my intent was to mount the new speakers in the old bracket after I cut out the cone).
Walking through Home Depot, I found an ABS plastic plumbing part that drops almost perfectly into the stock mount, closing up the gap between the stock mount and the new speakers. I think it will work perfectly with a little silicone to seal up the small gaps.
See attached pictures. The part is a 4" TOM-KAP ABS CLEAN OUT PLUG, part number 21449974844. The center part is threaded... Just unscrew it and use the outer part. They are $6.16 each.
I haven't mounted them yet, but wanted to put the info out there in case someone else is fumbling around like I was. Hope it helps.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution All together

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution 4 Rear cut out

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution 4 Rear

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution Inserted

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution Insert

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution Plug removed

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution Plu

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution new part

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 SI Coupe rear deck speaker mount solution Part together

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Good work :thumbsup:

OP
OP

bizzaro

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI
Country flag
Just did a test fit, and the new insert is too wide to fit through the sheet metal on the deck, so I'll have to cut it to the depth of the original mount. Won't be a big deal, but kind of a bummer. Hoping for it to be just a drop in...

Alphaskoom

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Coupe Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't people put 5 1/4" speakers replacing the 4 inchers back there? how much trimming has to be done to get this accomplished? it'll make buying speakers so much easier buying components vs coax's and struggling with power management.
Sponsored