Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hey all, I have a 2017 civic hatchback with the horrible touch screen infotainment radio. Was curious if anyone has and information on the 2019 infotainment unit? Is it any better? Better specs? I find it rather sad that a car from 2017 has a radio in it built off of 2010 hardware .... I seen a infotainment unit on eBay from a 2019 and curious if it would be worth an upgrade or not...
Sponsored

mjh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si 2020 Sedan; Previously VW Jetta SEL 2016 (auto); Civic EX Sedan 2009 (manual); Civic EX Coupe 2002 (manual)
Country flag
Hey all, I have a 2017 civic hatchback with the horrible touch screen infotainment radio. Was curious if anyone has and information on the 2019 infotainment unit? Is it any better? Better specs? I find it rather sad that a car from 2017 has a radio in it built off of 2010 hardware .... I seen a infotainment unit on eBay from a 2019 and curious if it would be worth an upgrade or not...
I started a thread on this a while back. I've had my eye on CivicX for a while but the infotainment issues have caused me to hold back. I was hoping the same thing you are, that Honda would actually upgrade the system. But by all accounts I've read, the 2019 version added the hardware buttons, but the underlying software usability is basically the same. Perhaps slightly better (i.e. more stable) firmware, but essentially the same crappy system with a volume knob.

Here is the thread.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Kwalsh24

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Hmm thanks, sounds like I'm stuck with this lousy unit. I tried to upgrade it to a 9" but there were issues with the unit so i ended up sending it back.

My biggest thing is the factory mic. Wish a replacement android unit used it, the one I had used its own and it wasn't very good (like pretty much all chinese units

hicompb18c1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Accord LX (wife's)
Country flag
the 2019 version added the hardware buttons, but the underlying software usability is basically the same. Perhaps slightly better (i.e. more stable) firmware, but essentially the same crappy system with a volume knob.

Here is the thread.
Just to confirm, yes the 2019 unit still sucks. I have an Si if it makes a difference. But the sound output and the DSP is pretty lousy, and the responsiveness of the unit itself is still pretty slow. The biggest problem is there is almost zero way to replace the 19 head unit with anything good.

Reactions: mjh

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Just to confirm, yes the 2019 unit still sucks. I have an Si if it makes a difference. But the sound output and the DSP is pretty lousy, and the responsiveness of the unit itself is still pretty slow. The biggest problem is there is almost zero way to replace the 19 head unit with anything good.
Yet

Messier89

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X 2018 Sedan 1.5
Country flag
I wonder why honda hates his mid aged clients. They made a car destined for 20-40 age people but gave them a sound system and headunit for 60+ people. I think honda hates his clients to be honest. Jesus..

The sad part is you have no good alternative.
Sure you can buy a chinese aftermarket headunit.. but i don't know how good are those. So people are willing to spend money but they can;t. I think honda blew it hard on this segment.
Sponsored