First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
It's better than nothing but still a bit less than both Mazda and Toyota

pays fog gas or hotel! hah. I think its odd they pay more for newer cars though lol

MarkR171

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si, '17 MX5, '01 Miata
Country flag
New cars are where they benefit from marketing. Contingency is basically advertising.

Wish they would pay for the tour. My Si won't see any Pros but I may do a tour this year in it.

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The way the S4 class is in Pros I don't see any reason to run Pro. Our PSI are based off AWD cars in DS and we will probably get clobbered on pax too by GS cars...I am only planning to run Oscoda Pro since I will be there to help the region run the event but thats about it...

If we still have all the Ohio events like a few years back I'd seriously be looking for other codrives...

OP
OP
apexit53

apexit53

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 CTR, 23 Integra aspec MT
Country flag
The way the S4 class is in Pros I don't see any reason to run Pro. Our PSI are based off AWD cars in DS and we will probably get clobbered on pax too by GS cars...I am only planning to run Oscoda Pro since I will be there to help the region run the event but thats about it...

If we still have all the Ohio events like a few years back I'd seriously be looking for other codrives...

I agree! That said I have never done a pro in the 10+ years of autocross so I plan to this year. We lost our local venue and no word on a new site yet so seat time is important!

Tour contingency
https://www.scca.com/articles/2011074-tire-rack-scca-solo-national-tour-2019-contingency-programs

RacingManiac

First Name
Jen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 VW GTI, 2018 ABM CTR R-17001
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pros are honestly the best format for fun but without Ohio it will be hard to travel to and I just don't have the motivation to go to be class fodder...

I mean I am used to being class fodder when I codrive others' cars, but thats at least a different experience....

I think I'll be traveling enough for other events to not need extra Pros for seat time anyway...

Brandondan1

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 91 Civic Si
Country flag
I’ll probably do the Mineral Wells Pro just because its so close, but you’re right about S4. Especially with the FoRS and WRX, I’d lose 4 tenths right at the start... on both sides.

Good to see Honda is offering something though.
Sponsored