2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!!

dt17

First Name
Daryl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatchback turbo 2017
Country flag
Hi dt17

Man thats not good! Perhaps if the halogen fogs were added with a layer of thick film/PPF? Do you think that would help?

Ill be sure to update here if I find any !
I guess that would help? regardless, i am trying to sell the Fogs LEDs online or return to the seller, but current COVID situation is not helping in terms of shipping. If anyone wants new Philips LED Fog lights please let me know, i also have CANbus for LED

Philips LED X-treme Ultinon Gen2 Bulbs H8 H11 H16 Fog 5800k +250% 11366XUWX2
Philips Canbus LED Control Unit 12V 21W Warning Canceller Decoder 18957X2
Sponsored

rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi dt17

Man thats not good! Perhaps if the halogen fogs were added with a layer of thick film/PPF? Do you think that would help?

Ill be sure to update here if I find any !
I had put Suntek PPF on my OEM halogen fog lights (came with the film for the headlight which was my main concern), had a fog light lens shatter within 10k miles. It helped hold the pieces together ?

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic x 2018
Country flag
I had put Suntek PPF on my OEM halogen fog lights (came with the film for the headlight which was my main concern), had a fog light lens shatter within 10k miles. It helped hold the pieces together ?
lmao okay. seems like the quality is really inferior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Country flag
I bought the new "2019" LED fog lights from college hills Honda for my 2018 si sedan:

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

Part number: 08V31-TBA-100H

They ended up being drop in replacements!

Warning, you do need to remove the bumper to do this proper, I followed this guy's video the first time, but after 5+ removals, I know it by memory, ez:

My advice: take your time - it is easy to break the tabs on the upper part of the bumper under the headlights (I have now broken 2 on the same side - fortunately, the bumper stays in place just fine without them).

I would suggest getting a set of low profile ramps, it makes removing the push pins and bolts under car a total fucking breeze. These are the new ones I got today as I have learned my lesson too many times:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...PErlzkYRBJIf2GZhnU0RMV9DxAzr_JzBoC-FAQAvD_BwE

ALSO, get yourself some rubber work gloves so you don't fuck up your paint nor get fingerprints everywhere:

https://www.amazon.com/AMMEX-GPNB46...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FBH5YWPW3QBNANSAH3CS

Once the bumper is off, you need to remove the fugly honeycomb faux vent things from the back side of the bumper. Use a plastic pry tool and TAKE YOUR TIME. I did and didn't break anything nor scratch anything. Once removed, clean it up and swap the new fogs, they are drop in replacements. Snap the tie mount into the back of the bumper near the fog light, tie down the connector socket, and put every thing back together (don't forget to plug your new fog lights in).

They look real nice with the depo/type r/touring led headlights.

All done. Pics below.

20190515_141339.jpg

20190515_142044.jpg

20190515_142031.jpg

View attachment 152090

View attachment 152091

20190515_142814.jpg

20190515_152750.jpg

20190515_152728.jpg

20190515_144218.jpg

20190515_160307.jpg

20190515_160437.jpg
Did you have to do any adjustment to the foglight or just plug and play?

civsgotthehiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
Sorry if this has been asked, but how much do the OEM LED fog lights cost?

civsgotthehiv

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Coupe Touring
Country flag
would it be easier to just replace with led bulb in my 2018, seems like a lot of messing around

zspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback FK7
Country flag
would it be easier to just replace with led bulb in my 2018, seems like a lot of messing around
It really depends on your preference.

The halogen casing foglights has a glass lens compared to the full LED foglamps that is using the same material as what the headlights have.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You run the risk of dazzling oncoming drivers if you just bulb swap to LED from halogen.

Danny17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CIVIC EX
Country flag
You run the risk of dazzling oncoming drivers if you just bulb swap to LED from halogen.

Depends on the design of the bulb. If you get those cheap multi sided ones then yeah you'll get quite a lot scatter. But there are some decent Leds on the market now that have their diodes placed in the same position as your typical h8 halogen and do a good mimicing the beam pattern while improving brightness.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Depends on the design of the bulb. If you get those cheap multi sided ones then yeah you'll get quite a lot scatter. But there are some decent Leds on the market now that have their diodes placed in the same position as your typical h8 halogen and do a good mimicing the beam pattern while improving brightness.
Indeed. Blindly swapping bulbs "runs the risk" of blinding others. One should do their homework, or change the housing to ones made for led.

AndyT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I'm like 99.9% sure I want to go the OEM route, but I'm hesitant as my Touring sedan has Sensing and I don't want to hit that module when pulling the bumper and then have to go get it realigned or whatever.

Has anyone pulled the bumper on a car with Sensing? How close is that radar module/what are the odds that you may bump it when pulling/installing the bumper?

AndyT

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Touring Sedan
Country flag
I finally got around to doing this and am happy to report that everything went great. The fogs look so much better than the stock halogen housings.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I finally got around to doing this and am happy to report that everything went great. The fogs look so much better than the stock halogen housings.
Nice! My thoughts exactly. I changed my headlights to the touring style leds and the fogs to the oem leds. Looks so much better and more modern.
Sponsored