2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!!

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si black sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought the new "2019" LED fog lights from college hills Honda for my 2018 si sedan:

https://www.collegehillshonda.com/product/08V31-TBA-100H.html

Part number: 08V31-TBA-100H

They ended up being drop in replacements!

Warning, you do need to remove the bumper to do this proper, I followed this guy's video the first time, but after 5+ removals, I know it by memory, ez:

My advice: take your time - it is easy to break the tabs on the upper part of the bumper under the headlights (I have now broken 2 on the same side - fortunately, the bumper stays in place just fine without them).

I would suggest getting a set of low profile ramps, it makes removing the push pins and bolts under car a total fucking breeze. These are the new ones I got today as I have learned my lesson too many times:

https://www.google.com/shopping/pro...PErlzkYRBJIf2GZhnU0RMV9DxAzr_JzBoC-FAQAvD_BwE

ALSO, get yourself some rubber work gloves so you don't fuck up your paint nor get fingerprints everywhere:

https://www.amazon.com/AMMEX-GPNB46...coding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=FBH5YWPW3QBNANSAH3CS

Once the bumper is off, you need to remove the fugly honeycomb faux vent things from the back side of the bumper. Use a plastic pry tool and TAKE YOUR TIME. I did and didn't break anything nor scratch anything. Once removed, clean it up and swap the new fogs, they are drop in replacements. Snap the tie mount into the back of the bumper near the fog light, tie down the connector socket, and put every thing back together (don't forget to plug your new fog lights in).

They look real nice with the depo/type r/touring led headlights.

All done. Pics below.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_141339

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_142044

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_142031

View attachment 152090

View attachment 152091

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_142814

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_152750

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_152728

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_144218

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_160307

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 OEM LED Fog Lights Work on ALL 10th Gens!!!!! 20190515_160437

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0
Last edited:

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
I appreciate you posting this. I'm going to have to invest in these. I am going to eventually make my headlights all LED bulb replacements since I heard those are better than the OEM LED fog headlights from Honda.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I appreciate you posting this. I'm going to have to invest in these. I am going to eventually make my headlights all LED bulb replacements since I heard those are better than the OEM LED fog headlights from Honda.
Retrofits are always the best. Also very expensive. I also really liked the oem type r headlights, so I got the depo knock offs and the OEM fog lights keep the look consistent.

Last edited:

Syntek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PWP Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any photos of the pattern/throw at night? I've been debating buying these for my 2019 Si or just swap them for LED projector bulbs and call it a day.

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Thanks for sharing, I didn't know the LED fog lights can be retrofitted. Will have to do this when I upgrade my intercooler.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
IMO it's quicker/simpler to pull the fake vents with the bumper on. Having said that, it is nice to know the kit is confirmed as plug and play on the older 2018 and earlier cars.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IMO it's quicker/simpler to pull the fake vents with the bumper on. Having said that, it is nice to know the kit is confirmed as plug and play on the older 2018 and earlier cars.
Fair enough. I tried to remove them with the bumper on a while back and was afraid I would break them as I couldn't see the tabs. In my case, I had to remove the bumper for the headlights so it was a perfect moment to swap the fogs.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Do you have any photos of the pattern/throw at night? I've been debating buying these for my 2019 Si or just swap them for LED projector bulbs and call it a day.
I will try to get a good pic sometime this week.

Tricherf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Retrofits are always the best. Also very expensive. I also really liked the oem type r headlights, so I got the depo knock offs and the OEM fog lights keep the look consistent.
Where did you buy the depo knock offs ?
Thanks !

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Where did you buy the depo knock offs ?
Thanks !
DEPO "Type R" Style Full LED Plug and Play Headlight fit for 2016-2018 Honda Civic 10th Gen 2D/4D/5D https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076QNMKXX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_fpg5CbE8CRNMT

I had the driver's side low beam fail though after 1 year. They warrenteed them out of the kindness of their heart (and the fear I would spread hate online), but that shops warranty is only 6 months fyi.

EDIT: Imho, I think using the touring OEMs with a harness conversion is probably the best method, but costs about 1.2k to the 600 for depos.

Last edited:

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Can I do the same for the 2016 Civic fake vent?

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can I do the same for the 2016 Civic fake vent?
Probably. Is yours an Si? If so, you may have issues reaching the hole for the zip tie tab, even with my small hands it would be a stretch to reach in the vent and around the fog light to push in the tab. Also, the connector may be a bit of a reach to.

But that is just me. Honestly, removing the bumper is not hard and is a perfect time to swap your emblem, headlights, etc.

But I also enjoy taking my car apart.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I was wanting to do that as well, but the OEM headlights I heard are poor during the rain. I was debating on the depo lights or the ones from the retrofit source that don't have the morimoto branding on them (don't need $1,200 headlamps) since they are around the same price. The bulbs I would get for the led lights are gonna probably be drop in for the stock headlamps.

OP
OP
ladysi

ladysi

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was wanting to do that as well, but the OEM headlights I heard are poor during the rain. I was debating on the depo lights or the ones from the retrofit source that don't have the morimoto branding on them (don't need $1,200 headlamps) since they are around the same price. The bulbs I would get for the led lights are gonna probably be drop in for the stock headlamps.
The DEPOs are only so-so in the rain. But I refuse to dazzle oncoming with HIDs/LEDs bulb swaps, nor am I ready to pay for nor spend the time creating a custom retrofit. I like the OEM LEDs, they look mean and provide enough light and throw for my needs. Also, they look real nice matched up to the OEM LED fogs.

Wingman520

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The DEPOs are only so-so in the rain. But I refuse to dazzle oncoming with HIDs/LEDs bulb swaps, nor am I ready to pay for nor spend the time creating a custom retrofit. I like the OEM LEDs, they look mean and provide enough light and throw for my needs. Also, they look real nice matched up to the OEM LED fogs.
I appreciate the honesty of this response may just get some depo lights now and fogs when I save up some cash.
Sponsored