2019 headunit screen protectors?

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
Well, their anti glare protectors mention that they aren't for use in bright light conditions, I know in my coupe, the sun does hit the screen at certain times.
O i did not see that listed anywhere. I guess MXO or 9HO would be best.
Sponsored

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
O i did not see that listed anywhere. I guess MXO or 9HO would be best.
It might have been in one of the links they had on the page describing the different films . I found the best way for me to go was the 9ho and just never touch it, lol

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
To make things easier, I updated the OP with the information on the link that I provided.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So, my 9HO came in.

I'm always afraid of doing this stuff because I can't seem to clean a screen normally. I follow all instructions, yet something always seems to screw up.

Anyway, while I don't think I necessarily screwed anything up here, it's not quite the item that I thought it was going to be. It puts a gray, cloudy haze over it. There are two tabs, one for each side of the screen. Apparently, tab #1 has a film that you remove from the protector... but tab #2 does not. That leaves the outside layer somewhat scratchy and such. I guess it'll cover the actual screen over the long haul, but this thing in itself may be prone to get a little muddled. There is even still tape residue from taking off tab #2, and I tried to use the screen cleaner to wipe it off but have not been successful.

I'll take pictures later. It's not that I'm unimpressed, but I certainly had different expectations.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, my 9HO came in.

I'm always afraid of doing this stuff because I can't seem to clean a screen normally. I follow all instructions, yet something always seems to screw up.

Anyway, while I don't think I necessarily screwed anything up here, it's not quite the item that I thought it was going to be. It puts a gray, cloudy haze over it. There are two tabs, one for each side of the screen. Apparently, tab #1 has a film that you remove from the protector... but tab #2 does not. That leaves the outside layer somewhat scratchy and such. I guess it'll cover the actual screen over the long haul, but this thing in itself may be prone to get a little muddled. There is even still tape residue from taking off tab #2, and I tried to use the screen cleaner to wipe it off but have not been successful.

I'll take pictures later. It's not that I'm unimpressed, but I certainly had different expectations.
Something doesn't sound right. Mine is crystal clear and I dont think I could scratch it if I wanted to, it's really hard and slick feeling. They may have sent you the wrong one, I would contact them asap.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Something doesn't sound right. Mine is crystal clear and I dont think I could scratch it if I wanted to, it's really hard and slick feeling. They may have sent you the wrong one, I would contact them asap.
Thanks. They check-marked 9HO on the package though.

Mine isn't glass, it's a plastic. Is it supposed to be a glass?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks. They check-marked 9HO on the package though.

Mine isn't glass, it's a plastic. Is it supposed to be a glass?
Na, its just supposed to be glass like hardness.
Did you get the kit that had the bottle of cleaner and cloth with it? I know mine had two liners on it,one pulled off to expose the adhesive and then one pulled off after the install.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Na, its just supposed to be glass like hardness.
Okay, thanks.

I mean, I trust that it's the right product. The sun was just hitting off of it a little bit and I could see lots of swipe-scratches on it, alongside the cloudy material. At night it looked beautiful, because you couldn't really tell that it was there.

I'll hopefully take photos tomorrow.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Okay, only one photo really turned out to do some sort of justice to what I'm referring to. Also look at the tab residue on the top right corner.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? {filename}

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Okay, only one photo really turned out to do some sort of justice to what I'm referring to. Also look at the tab residue on the top right corner.

Ok, I do see what looks like a few air bubbles.I would try to clean the residue with the included cleaner, then try reinstalling the protector again, after recleaning the screen also. If you have some rubber gloves it makes it easier to handle without getting fingerprints in the silicone adhesive. Also ,not sure if you did or not, but make sure your car is off and you wipe down all the surrounding surfaces of dust.
I couldn't really see the scratches, but if it is scratched, I would call them cause its not supposed to that easily.
Edit: I see the scratches now that I enlarged it and that looks terrible, I would contact them asap. Also on the install, you have to use that little card they gave you and push the air bubbles out to the edges.

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, I do see what looks like a few air bubbles.I would try to clean the residue with the included cleaner, then try reinstalling the protector again, after recleaning the screen also. If you have some rubber gloves it makes it easier to handle without getting fingerprints in the silicone adhesive. Also ,not sure if you did or not, but make sure your car is off and you wipe down all the surrounding surfaces of dust.
I couldn't really see the scratches, but if it is scratched, I would call them cause its not supposed to that easily.
Thanks, but it actually doesn't have any air bubbles. What you are seeing are dynamic little scratch streaks.

Anyway, I did a thorough job of cleaning and vacuuming the surrounding areas before getting started (car had been off since the night before and the temperature is cool here). I also used all products following all instructions on how to clean the screen (which was always protected by plastic, mind you). I'd prefer not to start over this process if I did not have to, but I'd also prefer this thing functioned as intended of course.

Anyway, here are a couple of other angles. You'll see the scratch marks less, but hopefully you'll get a more comprehensive gist of the product I've installed on my screen. Every mark you see is outside the screen, not inside.

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks, but it actually doesn't have any air bubbles. What you are seeing are dynamic little scratch streaks.

Anyway, I did a thorough job of cleaning and vacuuming the surrounding areas before getting started (car had been off since the night before and the temperature is cool here). I also used all products following all instructions on how to clean the screen (which was always protected by plastic, mind you). I'd prefer not to start over this process if I did not have to, but I'd also prefer this thing functioned as intended of course.

Anyway, here are a couple of other angles. You'll see the scratch marks less, but hopefully you'll get a more comprehensive gist of the product I've installed on my screen. Every mark you see is outside the screen, not inside.

Yea, everything that looked like air bubbles is gone. It still should not be scratched though. Here is mine after 5 months, not one scratch on it.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? IMG_20190218_162901
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? IMG_20190218_162821

EckotypeR

R - 22032
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
thanks for this post. ive kept the factory cover on, dealing with bubbles and all because i dont want scratches. this seems like it will work for now while we await a tempered glass option