MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
It looks like Photodon may have something for the 2019 Civic models.

https://www.photodon.com/p/2551-01.html

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? 2551_270x152

Since I still have my plastic on mine, I think I'm ready to place an order on one of these.

There are four options:

MXO: Clear Ease of Cleaning ($15.30)
Excellent image quality. Oleophobic ease of cleaning coating. Recommended for use on all devices.

MXH: Anti-Glare 25% ($18.35)
(light matte finish.) Recommended for all monitors, cell phones, tablets and other mobile or stylus devices.

9HO: Clear Glass-Like Hardness ($21.45)
Recommended for use on all devices especially drawing tablets, mobile & POS devices, and industrial equipment. Excellent image quality. 9H surface hardness provides extreme abrasion resistance with smooth-touch and oleophobic ease of cleaning coating.

6HS: Anti-Scratch and Anti-Shock Film ($21.45)
Excellent image quality. 6H surface hardness provides good scratch resistance. Provides impact protection. Shatter-proof, unlike tempered glass. Use on all devices.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a photodon protector for both civics. The first screen scratched somehow almost immediately, so I was prepared when I got the second one. This time around though, I got their hardest material,I forget exactly what it is called but it has a glass like hardness and cleans super easy. It also seems to make the screen look sharper and more vibrant.

JCH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I previously installed a glass screen protector on my 2018. It worked well and all, but the oleophobic coating sucked and the thing ended up being a fingerprint magnet and practically impossible to see without wiping it down all the time, and so I ended up taking it off. Though that was a bad decision, especially because I live in socal, the weather is almost always hot and the adhesive stuck onto the screen even tougher. After a 30 minute job of constant heat gun & prying with glass shards flying everywhere, I ended up with a badly scratched screen with adhesive all over it (I eventually cleaned off the adhesive with WD-40 but the scratches are still visible).

Honestly wish I kept it unprotected, would've been better off. I heard some good things about photodon though.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? C5AABDF5-F22F-4C66-A6A2-C675A5DB0B92

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 headunit screen protectors? 98B8350E-90A2-4EC3-AD53-49C7F05E1D3E

OP
OP
MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hmm, yeah so now you have me wondering if I maybe just should leave it unprotected. I assume most people do that, it's not as commonplace to do as say your phone for example.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hmm, yeah so now you have me wondering if I maybe just should leave it unprotected. I assume most people do that, it's not as commonplace to do as say your phone for example.
If you leave it unprotected, and after a year or so it gets scratched up, a replacement Display (Just the display part, not the whole head unit), is not that expensive, especially as you can easily swap it out yourself. ( Display part cost = about 2 hours of Dealer Shop time !)
While the Glass protectors do help protect the screen from getting scratched, and are replaceable (sometimes with some considerable effort).

I have yet to find one with good anti-reflective properties.. the original glass surface being far less reflective than the protective films.

Also, with use, the screen is going to loose brightness, so a new Screen is going to also potentially be brighter again.

Captaindicki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (sold)
Country flag
Mine has always been protected, first with the original factory film, then with that thin flexible plastic. I did not want the hard tempered glass one as I heard they could damage the screen if attempt to pull it off, and not sure how well they hold up over time. My application isn’t bubble free perfect, but it is protected and I can easily remove it without damage

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I previously installed a glass screen protector on my 2018. It worked well and all, but the oleophobic coating sucked and the thing ended up being a fingerprint magnet and practically impossible to see without wiping it down all the time, and so I ended up taking it off. Though that was a bad decision, especially because I live in socal, the weather is almost always hot and the adhesive stuck onto the screen even tougher. After a 30 minute job of constant heat gun & prying with glass shards flying everywhere, I ended up with a badly scratched screen with adhesive all over it (I eventually cleaned off the adhesive with WD-40 but the scratches are still visible).

Honestly wish I kept it unprotected, would've been better off. I heard some good things about photodon though.

C5AABDF5-F22F-4C66-A6A2-C675A5DB0B92.jpeg

98B8350E-90A2-4EC3-AD53-49C7F05E1D3E.jpeg
The photodon uses silicone for adhesive. It comes right off with no issues or residue. Mine is like you said, a fingerprint magnet when people don't wash their hands , ugh, but it does wipe away effortlessly.

blackie X

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
Country flag
i used a photodon for my 17 SI and have had no issues with it at all, easiest screen protector ive ever had to install on any screen. highly recommend it when they release one for the 2019s with volume knob.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the 9HO hardness. It looks amazing! Like glass and seems like it's impossible to scratch. It makes the screen look sharper also. Its super easy to clean,but it does show finger prints very easily. They wipe right off, I just find myself wiping it almost every time I touch it,lol
If you want it to protect , almost be scratch free and easy to clean, its your best bet. It also was very easy to install. Just make sure you don't have your car on while doing it.
Oh, I had the mix on my previous civic, it was nice also didn't show the fingerprints as often, but it also wasn't as easy to clean and the screen didn't look bad under it, just not as sharp and clear as the 9h0. I don't think you would be disappointed with either.

Wavehogger

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PMM Type R
Country flag
I called Photodon a few weeks ago. They had the 2019 Civic with navigation listed incorrectly. They had the four button protector listed but it’s five buttons and the volume knob. They said they’d call bad back regarding the new model but I haven’t heard from them and still don’t see anyone selling a protector for the new screen. Anyone else know of one for the 2019’s with five buttons with volume knob?

Quack

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I ordered the 2551-01 yesterday with the 9HO option...should be here Thursday. I'll let you know if it's the right one for the 4-button+vol knob.

Itachily504

First Name
Itachi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Aegean Blue Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Owned an 9th gen and that screen scratched easily. I noticed it when I tried to wipe away a smear on the glass. It left noticeable scratch from my finger.

When I got my 10th, screen protector was one of my 1st install. I got some Chinese glass. Works ok. It's not perfectly flushed so over time, more air bubble arises. I'm going to wrap it with a clear vinyl I have left over. I know that will not bubble if done right. Pic when I get it done

Syco54645

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Civic Ex Hatch, Nissan Altima
Country flag
I am torn which Photodon protector to order. Do not want to deal with glare or fingerprints. Any suggestions here?

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am torn which Photodon protector to order. Do not want to deal with glare or fingerprints. Any suggestions here?
Well, their anti glare protectors mention that they aren't for use in bright light conditions, I know in my coupe, the sun does hit the screen at certain times.
Sponsored