ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
just so y'all are aware: there is an element of "people" out there who are more than willing to take your car from you at gunpoint. I was waxing my car in front of my house- street parallel parking- exactly where it is in my avatar.. 4:45pm Saturday 8/10/2019. a car rolled up next to me, stopped, 3 people jumped out - one with a mask and a gun the other two were young "women" who patiently waited at the passenger side for the gunman to rip the keys out my pocket and let them in. then they casually drove off. no news on my car as of now. and honestly, I do not want it back. it was the coolest car I have ever owned. just wanted y'all to be aware of your surroundings. be safe out there- these IDIOTS love Hondas like we do!
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Damn. Glad you didn’t get hurt. What does your insurance say about all this?

OP
OP
ts13

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
it is a wait and see thing... if it is recovered we deal with "what's left". if it is not recovered in 3 weeks, "total loss" paperwork begins.

raf702

First Name
Ralf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Hatch Sport SGP
Country flag
just so y'all are aware: there is an element of "people" out there who are more than willing to take your car from you at gunpoint. I was waxing my car in front of my house- street parallel parking- exactly where it is in my avatar.. 4:45pm Saturday 8/10/2019. a car rolled up next to me, stopped, 3 people jumped out - one with a mask and a gun the other two were young "women" who patiently waited at the passenger side for the gunman to rip the keys out my pocket and let them in. then they casually drove off. no news on my car as of now. and honestly, I do not want it back. it was the coolest car I have ever owned. just wanted y'all to be aware of your surroundings. be safe out there- these IDIOTS love Hondas like we do!
That is sad, thank God you're ok. No amount of material possession is worth losing a life, it can always be replaced but not life. Pray all goes well, I'm sure the police has an APB out for your car. I wonder if these individuals have been stalking your car, or was a random occurrence.

OP
OP
ts13

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
That is sad, thank God you're ok. No amount of material possession is worth losing a life, it can always be replaced but not life. Pray all goes well, I'm sure the police has an APB out for your car. I wonder if these individuals have been stalking your car, or was a random occurrence.
they went around the block and then stopped on me... easy pickin's- wax in one hand towel in the other... the cops have missed this car at least 10 times... it is now being used as the getaway vehicle for multiple armed robberies,,, they will get caught... I'd prefer a fiery crash...
thank you for the good thoughts and prayers... I am just fine & that is all that counts.

FK7 Civic Pilot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. Had a similar situation happen to me a while back when somebody tried jacking my 2012 mustang. Since it was a manual transmission, apparently the thief didn't know you had to push in the clutch to start it. After trying to start it like it was an automatic, he got frustrated and ran off. One of the many reasons I still will only drive a manual transmission car, nowadays so few people know how to operate a clutch, it's almost a anti-theft device.

OP
OP
ts13

ts13

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry to hear you had to go through this. Had a similar situation happen to me a while back when somebody tried jacking my 2012 mustang. Since it was a manual transmission, apparently the thief didn't know you had to push in the clutch to start it. After trying to start it like it was an automatic, he got frustrated and ran off. One of the many reasons I still will only drive a manual transmission car, nowadays so few people know how to operate a clutch, it's almost a anti-theft device.
that is so true... mine was a cvt... push n go... easy.

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
+1 glad you're okay.

I sometimes wonder what I would actually do in this situation. My gut reaction would be to fight. But my better judgement knows that the one moment of ego/pride may reward me with death or a lifelong disability.

I hope that, if I'm in that situation, I can remember the above.

Fingers crossed that your insurance does the right thing.

Time4boost

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic coupe ex-t
Country flag
I'm glad you are ok. Sorry this happened to you. I hope you find it soon and undamaged.

numbakrunch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CIvic Si
Country flag
They can take my Si, I don't care. That's why we pay car insurance.

PS. Don't bring it back. Burn if you want, just leave in a place it can be easily found.

BriteBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic EX-L
Country flag
They can take my Si, I don't care. That's why we pay car insurance.

PS. Don't bring it back. Burn if you want, just leave in a place it can be easily found.
Let me tell you how that works.

1) You car is recovered after 1-2 weeks & has damage and/or missing parts.

2) You’re probably in a rental car provided by your insurance company that has 30 days coverage.

3) While your car is in the shop waiting for parts and/or being repaired, your rental coverage ends & you have to pay. And you’re PO’d at the shop for taking so long.

4) You finally get the car back & will probably find fault with some repair. Either the shop missed something or didn’t do it correctly or the paint doesn’t match. Now the car is back in the shop.

5) And everyone else with your insurance company pays for it with rate increases.
Sponsored