rwsmith123

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
I had a 2018 Hatch Sport Touring until last week when someone ran a red light and hit me totaling my car. I loved the car and after looking at some other cars I decided that I had made the right decision when I got it and I wanted to get a replacement so I got a 2019 Hatch Sport Touring on Friday. I had thought the only difference between the the 2 model years was the addition of volume knob and buttons on the infotainment screen but I started noticing some other things as well so I've been having some fun trying to find all the differences I could. So far this is what I have come up with (note this is for the US model):

Infotainment has buttons and volume knob.
Steering wheel volume button is smooth.
Cruise control MAIN button moved from center to left side.
Physical buttons for fan speed.
Parking brake button has a LED.
Center cup holder has spring fins.
Glove box has a light.
Fuel door has a cap that slides over the capless filler when closed.
No Easter egg on center console rubber mat.

Engine made in Japan (2018 was made in Thailand)
Transmission made in USA (2018 was made in Japan)

Rain sensing wipers seem to work better, has more range, on lowest setting it clears the windshield less frequently than my 2018 which at lowest setting would clear too fast for my taste.

Steering seems to take a little more force than my 2018, maybe because the steering loosens a bit after a couple years of driving?

Have seen in the forums that that cabin has more sound damping but don't know if that's true.

Haven't focused on any changes on the infotainment system yet but the warning that pops up on infotainment screen is different.

So far all the differences I've found I think are an improvement or doesn't matter to me except for the engine being made in the USA instead of Japan which I think is a minus. :)

Did I miss anything?
Sponsored

EJLLee

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic H ST 6m
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thanks for your post. Glad you weren't hurt in the car accident.
We went from a 2017 Hatch CVT to a 2020 Sport Touring Hatch 6 Speed. It's not fair to compare these two models as they are optioned out very differently but, the '20 is much quieter and much smoother riding (even with the 18" wheels) than the '17. It's by far one of the smoothest riding cars I've ever driven.