BryanCO

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 SGP CTR, 2007 GT3, 1993 Miata
Country flag
Find a 2019 for near invoice. I always like saving money up front.

If paying MSRP and not in a hurry to buy, get the 2020, even though the brake rotors are the only upgrade I would value. And I would never pay above MSRP.
Sponsored

Neciovato

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 370z Nismo
Country flag
My .02 is that if you can find a good deal on a 2019 - in particular the color you want - I would go for it. While the people who mentioned that it will be considered a 2yr old car once the 2020 comes out are correct; unless you plan on keeping this car for a very short period of time - then it won’t really matter too much. By the time you would consider trading it in along; it would probably be close in value to the 2020.
For me, having the Honda Sensing - if anything you can use that knowledge to try to see if you can’t get the 2019 at MSRP or maybe a tad less. Good luck

battledog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
-
Country flag
Got 2019 as soon as I could when I saw the updates to 2020.

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
if it is different of 2k.. i will wait..
if over 40k... i will simply get 2019 unless you are all over the new blue color.

only thing that I want from 2020 ctr is the 2pcs rotor and it's new suspension setting.
other stuffs like steering wheel, knob, are all replaceable by even better aftermarket parts.
worst add on is the stupid fake engine sound.
No one even knows what the supposed "new suspension settings are". Is there truly a meaningful change, or just a change in manufacturers or standards, and Honda marketing is claiming "improvements". There is another thread where some guys that work for Honda, and have access to art numbers already, are comparing what is different. The shocks are identical part numbers between the years, so what is really different?

Florence_NC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Type R
Country flag
Your gonna get slanted opinions here from guys that bought 2019 buy the 2020
Some people will have slanted opinions, because it is human nature to defend your decisions no matter what. But not everyone on here falls in that category.

I had the choice between a new 2019, or being second on the list at my dealer for a 2020. I chose the 2019, because I prefer it to the 2020. Almost none of the "upgrades" on the 2020 mean anything to me, and many of them I consider to be negatives.

This is, of course, assuming that we know what all the changes are actually going to be. Most of this information comes from sources rating somewhere between conjecture and reading tea leaves.

Last edited:

ShaneP865

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Aegean Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ask yourself this question........as hard as turning traction control off is now......how hard will turning the honda sensing off be. I can see someone going to the track and having the brake assist cause an accident.

chi town brat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
90 CRX Si. 91 STD Hatch. 17 CTR. 18 CTR.
Country flag
I have and love my 2017. He isn't going anywhere. I'm curious about the 2020. Im waiting to see a few things to see if I'll get one.

1. What are the performance upgrades like out on track
  2. What else changed in the interior that hasn't been released yet to the press/public
  3. MSRP

davidc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda S2000
Country flag
Ask yourself this question........as hard as turning traction control off is now......how hard will turning the honda sensing off be. I can see someone going to the track and having the brake assist cause an accident.
I cannot see this happening unless you are really stupid

davidc1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Honda S2000
Country flag
The changes to the 2020 are easily worth waiting for. If you haven't driven in traffic on the freeway, or drive a lot in moderate traffic on the freeway with cruise control, it's worth the wait. If you go to the track with your car, the better brakes and cooling, even if only a little difference, are worth it as well.

Pierito

First Name
Piero
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type-R (CW), 2007 Honda S2000 (SS)
Country flag
If I were in your shoes, I would wait to hear the official pricing for the 2020 model year.
Sponsored