2019 Civic vs. 2019 Mazda 3

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
The only thing I miss is that interior. I love my Civic, but let's be real, the interior is lame and Mazda puts on a masterclass with interior design. Look like they've imported some of that to Toyota with their partnership. The new Toyota line-up has great interiors that are clearly Mazda influenced. The Civic feels dated and cheap by comparison.

So far in all the comparable cars I looked at (3, iM hatch, GTI) I feel more and more assured in buying the Civic. There's some things the others do better, but the Civic is just so well rounded and we'll priced it's hard to beat.
When talking about the interior, many just consider material and design. But for me, I feel like the storage space is way more important. Practicality is the king and Civic is unbeatable in that regard.
Also I hate how inconvenient the rotary knob is in the Mazda 3, especially when the screen isn't even a touch screen. Mazda claimed the knob is for "driver first" but it just requires more effort to navigate, especially in Android Auto.
Overall I never feel dated and cheap when sitting in my Civic. It's considerate and practical, but that could just be me.
Sponsored

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
When talking about the interior, many just consider material and design. But for me, I feel like the storage space is way more important. Practicality is the king and Civic is unbeatable in that regard.
Also I hate how inconvenient the rotary knob is in the Mazda 3, especially when the screen isn't even a touch screen. Mazda claimed the knob is for "driver first" but it just requires more effort to navigate, especially in Android Auto.
Overall I never feel dated and cheap when sitting in my Civic. It's considerate and practical, but that could just be me.
I never had a problem with storage space, but I don't cart much around with me. I liked the rotary nob for the the infotainment center because for some reason, I have a hard time keeping the car straight when I move to touch a screen. This was a big problem for me in my RAV4 whenever I needed to change songs.

The Civic avoids all of this by having the radio so crappy you don't feel the need to touch it haha. I really gotta upgrade my unit.

LegendaryElite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX w/ Sensing
Country flag
I never had a problem with storage space, but I don't cart much around with me. I liked the rotary nob for the the infotainment center because for some reason, I have a hard time keeping the car straight when I move to touch a screen. This was a big problem for me in my RAV4 whenever I needed to change songs.

The Civic avoids all of this by having the radio so crappy you don't feel the need to touch it haha. I really gotta upgrade my unit.
I don't haul stuff in my cars but like to put handy things like napkins and water bottles at where I could easily reach, so those extra space in the center console is awesome to me.
I'm actually kind of infotainment-blind now that Android Auto is a thing for almost every car. But rotary knob is just the worst for Android Auto. I blame Google more than Mazda though.

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
I don't haul stuff in my cars but like to put handy things like napkins and water bottles at where I could easily reach, so those extra space in the center console is awesome to me.
I'm actually kind of infotainment-blind now that Android Auto is a thing for almost every car. But rotary knob is just the worst for Android Auto. I blame Google more than Mazda though.
Now that you mention it I recall having a lot of issues getting my Pixel to work well with the Mazda unit. My wife never had the same problems with her iPhone. So yeah, it was definitely Google.
Sponsored