2019 Civic Type R

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Please don't tell me any of you believe this BS.
Do you actually think Honda would put so much money into the development of the current global Type R for a run of only 1.5 years?
Common sense would dictate that Honda will sell the Type R for at least 4 production years, minimum.
Remember, Honda's in the business of making money, and believe me they make a lot of profit on each Type R they sell.
To put things in perspective, Honda sells the Type R in Canada for over $42,000......for a bloody Honda Civic.
Obviously this gent is talking out of his left ass cheek, or it might be his right.
I'm not a gambling man, but I would put money on it that there will be a 2019 Civic Type R, unless Honda has thrown common sense completely out the window.
Gents......only time will tell.
Seriously. They've made 20K of these things. They're not a "limited" edition so Honda is going to keep making them as long as they keep selling and there are plenty of U.S. customers waiting for ADM to go to $0 and demand is still strong. Honda would not kill the car after 15 months just to keep it "special". They're in the business of making and selling cars and they need to recoup their investment and make a profit. They're still marketing the shit out of it too, so why would they be doing that if they were going to kill it in a month. No way.

On one hand, people on this thread are saying sonic grey is coming for '19 (I probably believe that) and on the other hand people are saying there isn't going to be a '19. I hate the internet. None of us know shit, but everyone's an expert.

I saw the '19 HRV gets a volume knob. I wonder if the '19 Civics will get this too. Now THAT would be an improvement I'd want. :)

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I saw the '19 HRV gets a volume knob. I wonder if the '19 Civics will get this too. Now THAT would be an improvement I'd want. :)
2019 Pilot refresh got a volume knob per Hondas pic

98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag

Meat Hammer

First Name
Alec
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CBP Civic Type R #1464
Country flag
What is the total amount sold to date?
17,211 (unofficially) are in the wild now according to FK8 Registry. Honda made less than 16,000 FK2s and less than 14,000 FD2 Type R’s. A 2019 Civic Type R is very much in play, but it would be the least rare R variant ever made, nothing like the mythical posters and screensavers I had of the EK9 and DC2 thanks to their scarcity. The obvious bonus is more people get to enjoy an awesome car if there is a 2019 CTR, it just won’t have the exclusivity or resale value of older Type R’s.

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
sorry guys, but if 2019 is available, won't it show up on the Honda website so one can "build" there own Honda?
Well guys, the Type R is not even on the 2018 civic "family". So unless Honda is in the business of selling cars with out it being on their website, I don't think there will be anymore Type R's for 2019.
Also, with the rumored Sonic Gray Type R for 2019, I like to see the Sale team from those dealers produce a Vin # with "FK8" on it...until then, it will be a Sonic gray Sports Hatchback...if that person did order a 2019 Sonic Grey, there should be a Vin # associated with the order no?

so for all you guys / gals that claims you have a 2019 CTR on order, please ask for the Vin # and post...if the dealer is having trouble providing the Vin, then there might be issues? Let's see some Vins now!

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R upload_2018-7-6_10-44-29

Call this guy...he's pretty sure he'll get the first sonic grey 2019.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Capture.11111.JPG

Last edited:

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
sorry guys, but if 2019 is available, won't it show up on the Honda website so one can "build" there own Honda?
Well guys, the Type R is not even on the 2018 civic "family". So unless Honda is in the business of selling cars with out it being on their website, I don't think there will be anymore Type R's for 2019.
The Type R has always been listed separately and not under the hatchback. It's on their website in the U.S. but it is listed as a standalone.

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
Maybe it was a typo, I just got 16412 last week and got it 2 days after it came off the delivery truck. 16211 would make sense, 800 Type Rs in a few weeks seams steep.
Numbers are worldwide so I'd say it's entirely possible. I picked mine up 3 weeks ago and yours is more than 1,000 higher only 2 weeks later. What's your build date?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R 20180706_140633

RedGiant217

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Honda Accord
Country flag
I hope they keep making them. If they stop, I'm going to feel irresponsible for driving mine so much.

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 civic, 2011 Odyssey Touring Elite, 2018 CTR RR
Country flag
"There is not going to be a 2019 Type R. I don't know why everyone thinks now that the car finally arrived here in the Usa 2 years ago that Honda is going to keep making that model now, won't happen I can tell you that much and if they do make a batch of them again it will be a few years from now. I know someone very high up in the Honda Motors Corp and I will tell you this much only."
Please don't tell me any of you believe this BS.
Do you actually think Honda would put so much money into the development of the current global Type R for a run of only 1.5 years?
Common sense would dictate that Honda will sell the Type R for at least 4 production years, minimum.
Remember, Honda's in the business of making money, and believe me they make a lot of profit on each Type R they sell.
To put things in perspective, Honda sells the Type R in Canada for over $42,000......for a bloody Honda Civic.
Obviously this gent is talking out of his left ass cheek, or it might be his right.
I'm not a gambling man, but I would put money on it that there will be a 2019 Civic Type R, unless Honda has thrown common sense completely out the window.
Gents......only time will tell.

I can only speak to the Canada pricing mentioned here. Please keep in mind that 42k Canadian dollars is less than 32k in US dollars, which makes it less expensive than the US model and it has more equipment.

Maverick1

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Yes I'm aware of the math and the current exchange rate, my point was that $42,000 is a lot of money for someone to spend on a "Honda Civic."
I know it's a very special Honda Civic, but it's still a Civic.

23Red

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 FK8, '06 AP2
Country flag
Yes I'm aware of the math and the current exchange rate, my point was that $42,000 is a lot of money for someone to spend on a "Honda Civic."
I know it's a very special Honda Civic, but it's still a Civic.
And the STi is just an Impreza, the RS is just a Focus, the Golf R is just a Golf. So by your logic a halo trim car should be priced the same as the base model of the same chassis?

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
Seriously. They've made 20K of these things. They're not a "limited" edition so Honda is going to keep making them as long as they keep selling and there are plenty of U.S. customers waiting for ADM to go to $0 and demand is still strong. Honda would not kill the car after 15 months just to keep it "special". They're in the business of making and selling cars and they need to recoup their investment and make a profit. They're still marketing the shit out of it too, so why would they be doing that if they were going to kill it in a month. No way.

On one hand, people on this thread are saying sonic grey is coming for '19 (I probably believe that) and on the other hand people are saying there isn't going to be a '19. I hate the internet. None of us know shit, but everyone's an expert.

I was in London a few weeks ago and I saw a sonic gray Type R. It was at the dealer.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
And the STi is just an Impreza, the RS is just a Focus, the Golf R is just a Golf. So by your logic a halo trim car should be priced the same as the base model of the same chassis?
Don't forget the EVO is a Lancer.
And my current car, a blasphemy but any way you got the point.
Sponsored