.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
I guess you know it all then and no point debating it with you.
Sponsored

teamgen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex-t 2017 civic hatch ST
Country flag
No change to 2019 type R

Honda has bumped the price of the 2018.5 Civic Type R across the nationby $600. This means that the base model is now available from $35,595, a figure that includes the destination charge.

Some may think that as a result of become more expensive, the Japanese hot hatch is also packing some extra features. But they would be wrong, though, as according to CarsDirect, the Honda Civic Type R remains unchanged, inside and out.

The Civic Type R is still well-equipped

Still, for a compact model, it remains well equipped and brings, in addition to the controversial body kit, a set of 20-inch wheels shod with Continental tires, LED headlamps and Brembo brakes. The two-tone sport seats, aluminum gear knob, leather-wrapped steering wheel, dual-zone climate control, and 7-inch infotainment system with smartphone connectivity, among others, are offered at no extra cost.

But why did Honda bump the price of the Civic Type R?

That’s a tough one to answer, but the quoted publication suggests that they might have done it just because they can. For example, the Ford Focus RSwas discontinued, and the Type R’s other direct rival, the VW Golf R, starts from $39,785. Even the Subaru WRX STI, which offers similar performance, has an MSRP of $36,095, and that’s without the destination charge. So the Civic Type R is the most affordable car in this class, even with the slight price bump.

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/05/2...e-r-gets-price-bump-u-s-offers-no-extra-gear/

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
If there is really a base version, these are the following changes they will make. Mark my words! haha
-headlights: halogen and projectors
-no navi and cheaper infotainment with a small screen
-cheaper seats
-smaller and cheaper wheels
-no brembos
-rear wiper delete (this is assuming that regulations do not require rear wiper on this car)
-ground effects / wing. People may disagree but if you think about it, 18 inch stock wheels with our aero bits will look really bad. Aftermarket 18s yes, oem 18s, no.

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
2018.5. $600 increase . 2019 $1000 increase . And the base model with lx head unit , non Led , base speaker for $34775 just like the 17 . This way they have a "cheaper" model .

erbee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Nissan Altima, 2004 BMW M3
Country flag
If there is really a base version, these are the following changes they will make. Mark my words! haha
-headlights: halogen and projectors
-no navi and cheaper infotainment with a small screen
-cheaper seats
-smaller and cheaper wheels
-no brembos
-rear wiper delete (this is assuming that regulations do not require rear wiper on this car)
-ground effects / wing. People may disagree but if you think about it, 18 inch stock wheels with our aero bits will look really bad. Aftermarket 18s yes, oem 18s, no.
I stopped reading at no brembo. Haha

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hyundai veracruz, 2017 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
im sad to inform you I am almost positive that this is the base car what you have in the US and any new trims will only probably be more and have more features. That is my guess in all of this.

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
im sad to inform you I am almost positive that this is the base car what you have in the US and any new trims will only probably be more and have more features. That is my guess in all of this.
Fine. then the new touring will have
heated front seats maybe leather and power?
honda sensing
lane watch
sunroof

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R and a beater ford focus
Country flag
I see lots of nav screen speculation to save money. And dual zone climate. Dual zone is basically software and a flapper in the air box. Basically 5 bucks worth of parts. And anyone who had an Si without nav. If you went into the service menu the unit had active gps and all the parts it just wasnt turned on. Again no savings there as im sure they would do same for the R. Just turn it off. Yall are talking retail costs and not manufacturer costs. These things you all are saying would save money cost the manufacturer pennies. They make then all the same as for the head unit. Just different software is all. Just look at the U.S. CTR. No lane watch right... wrong. Its there active in the head unit just no camera. 1996 ford mustang i had hard top. Had the wiring harness and fuses for the convertible top in it. I asked ford, cheaper to make one fuse box for all products and just use what you need. Im sure is same for honda nav unit. All same just different software depending. So I see zero cost reduction for nav delete. The car is just about basic as is. As for wheels... 20, 19 ,18... who cares. From a manufacturing stand point its about half a pound of aluminum. They all made same way on same machines. Cost im sure is not much different to manufacture them. Gotta stop thinking retail prices and think honda cost to mamufacture. And honestly i dont see where they can cut anymore fat. Speakers maybe, and it still be an R.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Fine. then the new touring will have
heated front seats maybe leather and power?
honda sensing
lane watch
sunroof
one can only hope, but do keep in mind the R has usually been a stripped down race bred car. We have to see what Honda actually does, at this point its speculation and wishes and wants.

Personally I prefer less tech in the R, but I see why other would want more of the safety and day to day conveniences.

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I see lots of nav screen speculation to save money. And dual zone climate. Dual zone is basically software and a flapper in the air box. Basically 5 bucks worth of parts. And anyone who had an Si without nav. If you went into the service menu the unit had active gps and all the parts it just wasnt turned on. Again no savings there as im sure they would do same for the R. Just turn it off. Yall are talking retail costs and not manufacturer costs. These things you all are saying would save money cost the manufacturer pennies. They make then all the same as for the head unit. Just different software is all. Just look at the U.S. CTR. No lane watch right... wrong. Its there active in the head unit just no camera. 1996 ford mustang i had hard top. Had the wiring harness and fuses for the convertible top in it. I asked ford, cheaper to make one fuse box for all products and just use what you need. Im sure is same for honda nav unit. All same just different software depending. So I see zero cost reduction for nav delete. The car is just about basic as is. As for wheels... 20, 19 ,18... who cares. From a manufacturing stand point its about half a pound of aluminum. They all made same way on same machines. Cost im sure is not much different to manufacture them. Gotta stop thinking retail prices and think honda cost to mamufacture. And honestly i dont see where they can cut anymore fat. Speakers maybe, and it still be an R.

honestly I don't think I could have said it better myself.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
one can only hope, but do keep in mind the R has usually been a stripped down race bred car. We have to see what Honda actually does, at this point its speculation and wishes and wants.

Personally I prefer less tech in the R, but I see why other would want more of the safety and day to day conveniences.
Less tech? Other then the nav unit what tech is there? Take out the nav unit the cars got no tech at all. Its stripped all ready.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
hes in canada so he has all of the fancy techs
edit: sorry maybe for the people in canda, they have all the fancy techs*

Ctrnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Less tech? Other then the nav unit what tech is there? Take out the nav unit the cars got no tech at all. Its stripped all ready.
take out the brake hold, traction control system, drive modes, e ebrake, rev match, the hvac system is not analog, digital dash. I am sorry but those are all tech items.

Harlaquin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
take out the brake hold, traction control system, drive modes, e ebrake, rev match, the hvac system is not analog, digital dash. I am sorry but those are all tech items.
I hear ya but i dont consider things that are something thats been on every in the last 30 years tech. Except drive modes. Everything you listed is fairly standard systems just updated to buttons to save weight and cost. Analog gages or digital same thing same fuction not really tech as nither do anything different from each other just form factor is different. Hvac... really ?same thing as any other car just push button instead of knob controls..everything else same tech as 40 years ago..condenser..vents... pipes... heater core. I mean if you consider any advance on normal car systems tech then really the whole car is tech down to the welding adheasives.
Sponsored