98-0425

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #12307, 98 Integra Type-R #0425, 07 Pilot EX-L, 17 Pilot Elite
Country flag
I wish Honda didn't do the red interior on the Type R...that's honestly the only thing that's kept me from getting one, I feel like they bastardized it with the red
Honda has always put in red interior for the CTRs
Sponsored

Ladyluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Honda has always put in red interior for the CTRs
Yeh, I know. Which is probably why I've never owned one, although my 9thgen Si was a beauty, but I feel the red interior was way more tasteful than the CTR's. To each their own:)

Ladyluck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Have you driven one? The red accents inside should not stop you. It’s a darker red. Really quite comfy inside. Once you live with the car and discover the “oneness” the car conveys to the driver......you easily forgive aspects you weren’t crazy about. One of the best drivers cars on the market IMO.
Not yet. I have no doubts that I will fall in love with it after driving one, but its hard to put that kind of money down on something that is such an eye sore to me lol

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
hope this wont be another focus RS story Car was iconic, lot of hype, lot of people lining up> high demand >high ADM > lot of sales > lot of bragging > company sold as much as they could bleed out of fans & enthusiasts > then came lot of production > lot of issues reported> no new converts coming into the fold > lot of car sitting at dealers > loss of "iconic" status > just became another focus :( > and finally company stopped bringing them here.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
As others have said, if Honda “sensing” and the color of the interior is deterring people from buying a CTR, it is best to shop for another type of vehicle. You are going to be very upset at no moonroof, lack of a middle seat in the back row and have to stare at all the red-from the red emblems to the red lining and stitching all over the car. The CTR is probably not a safe car without active cruise control or Lane keep assist. How did we drive cars without all the current safety features? And high upkeep prices with tires lasting less than 10,000 miles and the worst fuel mileage in the entire 10th Gen Civic line.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Keep in mind this is for Canada but if they come to Canada they will surely come to the US but the dealer here I have a deposit with says the 2019 Civic Type R shows on Honda Canada ordering system as available for order. They told me that is subject to change but highly unlikely. BTW if anyone is interested in a possible 2019 Civic Hybrid (rumored) that does not show up on 2019 ordering but again subject to change.

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
^That doesn't make sense to me. The best way to get rid of the bad press from ADM is to keep producing the car. There is no way that six months from now there will still be high ADM. Most dealers in Florida are already down to $2k-$3k ADM and that will keep dropping as time goes on. This isn't a Model 3; it has no mass market appeal. The people that want a CTR knew they wanted a CTR when it came out. I'd bet that fewer than 5% of CTR sales are a result of people walking into a Honda dealer planning to buy something else and then "upgrading" to the CTR when they see it on the show floor.

Too much money went into designing and bringing the CTR to North America to stop selling it while they are still selling every one they make at a healthy profit.
I don't know about them selling all of them. I believe there are still quite a few on showroom floors, especially here in the Midwest. I sent a text to one dealer who has a 2018 RR. Just asking what the asking price was. They came back saying come in and talk to a salesperson. Well, I donyd have the money for one but they still tried calling, texting, saying come and talk to us, for a month after that. I just checked their inventory and they still have it.
http://www.riveroakshonda.com/all-i..._SEARCH&dl.isModal=&dl.params=&dl.widgetName=

Last edited:

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think slower sales of sports cars in the northern states are the norm. I meant more from Honda's perspective; one or two CTRs might sit on the lot a some dealers, but Honda dealers elsewhere are clamoring to have more allocated to them, so every one they manufacture is in demand.

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
Esp no AWD in snow zones

SW20MR2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MR2
Country flag
To have AWD would be awesome, but I really doubt the article. To change the platform after 2 years cost money. Type R as is - hard to get. Why would honda make changes? Also if that would be true, somebody would spot AWD Type R running the Nurburgring laps...

remc86007

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I think that AWD, without at least a 75HP increase would be slower around the ring and to get 75HP would require a rework of the powertrain as just turning up the boost wouldn't cut it for a production car. I also think an entire rework of the suspension and weight distribution of the car would have to be done to make the car anywhere near as good as it is as a FWD.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Not really a surprise. There was never any good reason they would stop bringing them over outside of owners that desperately hoped quantities would be limited to make them feel like their car held more value and would be more rare. The car itself has probably brought thousands of people into Honda dealerships that would normally not visit (like me). Continuing with 2019 production was probably one of the easiest decisions Honda has ever had to make.

typemismatch

First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A whole farm of Hondas
Country flag
Sub $30k without nerfing the performance and these things will be everywhere.

Just think of the aftermarket support we'd have then.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
I'd be surprised if it were more than a couple tweaks. Personally I'm hoping for an infotainment update.

Sub #30k without nerfing the performance and these things will be everywhere.

Just think of the aftermarket support we'd have then.
Practically speaking, it won't be under 31-32K.
Sponsored