Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
I read that the 2019 Type R will have 320 HP. I wonder what mods they are making to get 14 HP? Anybody get any new details?
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It wouldn't take much of a tune adjustment to make that happen but I don't see Honda doing it. Have a reliable source?

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
I was hoping you would have the details seeing nobody has heard of this yet. I can't imagine there is much behind this rumour although it doesn't take manufacturers much to make a little power bump with changes in a tune like the 2018 Golf R for instance (up to 306 from 292 in europe) which is still the exact same hardware as previous years.

Oh and 3.... 2.... 1 until we get the obligatory "there may not be a 2019 Type R" posts. :)

Last edited:

lol_ur_si

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R #3983 - 2017 Accord Sport
Country flag
I read that the 2019 Type R will have 320 HP. I wonder what mods they are making to get 14 HP? Anybody get any new details?
Any link to the reading source?

typersweden

First Name
Duncan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R GT / FK8
Vehicle Showcase
The only difference in BHP between the European model and US model is the kind of gas/fuel you put in...the ECU is tuned to 98 RON.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The limited info I have on my side suggests there will be minimal changes for MY 2019. F/R facia, some interior tweaks, and a possible update to the infotainment. I haven't heard much else beyond that; and it's all very fluid (meaning it could change on a dime).

EDIT: The latest info suggests a near-100% carryover (trims aside).

Last edited:

Vaders CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 CLA 45 AMG & '22 Ariel Atom 4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Let's be honest, the current CTR makes more power than Honda advertised. Most of the wording in there is very vague and general. CivicX members could write a similar article based on the information and opinions from this forum alone. Furthermore, I doubt Honda would do an update/facelift on a platform that has only been out for two years. I could be wrong!

doCTR

First Name
doc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR CW / RS400 / Golf R/ Forester XT
Country flag
that article looks exactly like a conglomeration of posts made in this forum. Some times even word to word. Wouldn't be surprised if its author is one among us.

DevilDoc8542

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R Polished Metal Metallic #9206, 2018 Ford F 150 Raptor Lead Foot Gray
Yes lots of rumors floating around about the MY2019 Honda Civics. If you look at the past threads, heavyD seems to be right in the middle of them all. He said he turn down a MY2018 CTR and has a deposit for a 2019 so he must know something that the majority of the public doesn’t know.

So no info, just like on the Gen 2 Raptor forums about replacing the 3.5 H.O. Ecoboost with a new 7.0 V8 for 2019. If Ford put a similar 3.5 Ecoboost into their 2017 Ford GT (which shares 70% of engine parts with the Gen 2 Raptors) Why would Ford take a step back and put a heavier engine in the Gen 2 Raptor platform?

Here’s an idea for heavyD’s MY 2019-I heard NA Honda was going to release a Civic with 2 K20C1 engines combined so we can have a twin turbo inline 8 cylinder which will spit out 612 HP. Then it will have the 3 electric motors from the Acura NSX so it can be more fuel efficient. Also don’t forget the new all wheel drive platform from the new Acura RDX. Also the other variants will include flipping the 4.0 biturbo inline 8 cylinder so we can also have a rear wheel drive platform. And you can’t forget about adding the ten speed transmission from the Honda Accord.

Last edited:

Vortexhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM Civic Type R GT #10432
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Furthermore, I doubt Honda would do an update/facelift on a platform that has only been out for two years. I could be wrong!
Facelifts 1-2 years into production are quite common now (cough, cough, BMW, cough), but usually for more mass market cars. Here it's very common for people trade their pre-facelift cars for the new version. Still, with the CTR no clue, it's not a Honda thing

OP
OP
Plombhpa

Plombhpa

First Name
Hal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, F150
Country flag
http://tophondacars.com/2019-honda-civic-type-r-release-date/ Again I am finding more stories about base models, all wheel drive, 10 speed automatics, etc. We won’t know for certain until there is an official Honda release. Seems like I went thru this before. I am happy to say that I have my CTR and don’t have to worry about it this time around.

Hal
Sponsored