First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Type R will not be automatic or DCT. Honda is one of the few car companies that still purposely produces MT cars because of the enthusiast nature. The Civic Si has always come MT, why would Honda change the Type R? :rolleyes1:
Sponsored

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
From the camo pictures I think the fake black plastic honeycomb will shrink. The top portion will be replaced by smooth plastic like on the 2019 MDX A-spec.
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Spy Shots. Facelift? Screen Shot 2018-07-17 at 9.47.45 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Spy Shots. Facelift? 2018-new-york-2019-acura-mdx-a-spec-7-700x467-c

Last edited:

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Man who would pay ADM on a 2018 given the likely cooling improvements the 2019 models will bring?

Wheel_Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Passport Elite, '16 Ducati Multistrada 1200 Enduro
Country flag
Man who would pay ADM on a 2018 given the likely cooling improvements the 2019 models will bring?
What do you mean? There isn't going to be a 2019 CTR, remember??? ;)

Seriously. At this point looking for an '18 at MSRP is on hold. It was futile anyway as I was lazy and not interested in looking outside SoCal. Going to just wait to see what is coming for '19.

neveronline

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current '19 CW CTR #23856 & '18 Accord 2.0T Previous - 2015 WRX, 1999 SI, '04 S2000, '08 Evo X, '10 SI sedan, '11 Fit Sport, '11 WRX, '13 ILX
Country flag
I like the front and the rear but would rather it have no spoiler then the one pictured. I don't think its a Type S either its a base model R if anything and then we already have the touring. Hopefully if that's the case the spoilers are optional.

Personally, I would love an R with the larger wing but without radio or less of a radio, projector headlights, no fogs, no rear wiper and 18 inch wheels instead of the 20's or something along those line would be awesome. I am not too worried about the creature comforts in the Touring and would love to see a Base R that was more along the lines of the JDM R's of the past. Guess we will all find out in a year or so

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You can also buy an OEM grill replacement to fix this issue for ~$100; badged or unbadged.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
CTR is limited edition. There will be no more past 2017, 2018......2019.......

I am going to print this shiet out and take it to my dealer today....

I have actually heard the opposite and they going to be making it more of a regular model availability wise with trim levels.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
Non-drilled rotors. Small wing. All sounds like lower trim version to me. Better cooling would be great. I higher hp version would be amazing, but I don't need it as I imagine those would get marked up and we'd be back to where we were before. More trim levels would help with ADM though. Hard for dealers to make it appear like it is a "limited edition" when they have multiple trim levels. Adding trim levels also helps explain why Honda markets the Type R as a model unto itself instead of a different trim level of Hatchback.

I do think the big fake vents could have been done better but over time they grew on me. It'll be interesting to see if it is better. I don't want it watered down too much. The fake carbon is still the worst part to me and I imagine that'll stay. A volume knob would be nice for sure.

Oh and for everyone that though the Type R would look better without a wing or a smaller wing, now we know. I think it looks awful. The big wing balances out the rest of the design. Without it, it just looks awkward.

I also don't care about AWD. I sort of missed it at first before they launched it, but I'll take FWD vs the extra weight any day, particularly given how well it handles. I sure didn't miss it when I drove it.
I have been told That its not going to be limited except for maybe a high trim level. The rest will be available like the Si is.

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
Cars are rarely investments. So maybe you just wanted a fun car. If not it was ignorance because this Gen won't be worth anything.
It could be worth something in twenty years if they discontinue the CTR after this gen. With the success of the CTR, it would be in Honda's best interest to continue selling them in NA next FMC.

They got rid of the Prelude, Integra, Rsx, Del Sol. Honda doesn't have a sports car in their line up, unless people consider the Civic Si or Accord Coupe one.
Sponsored