First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Pilot, S2000, 2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
https://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1367687

I am not seeing a hatch. No manual offered and this seems to imply the A-spec will just be an aero package but powered by the same 200 hp engine.

I wonder if this will have a 5x120 bolt pattern and if the wheels will have a Type R compatible offset. Nah, it's probably Civic bolt pattern.
Oh yeah duh, I wasn't even thinking in terms of hatch just that they intro a ILX a-spec. Good point though.
Sponsored

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag

I am not seeing a hatch. No manual offered and this seems to imply the A-spec will just be an aero package but powered by the same 200 hp engine.

I wonder if this will have a 5x120 bolt pattern and if the wheels will have a Type R compatible offset. Nah, it's probably Civic bolt pattern.
The

I agree that ILX A-spec in the vtec.net article is just an aero package to refresh the current K24 powered ILX. However, as much as I like that K24, you have to wonder how long will Honda soldier on with that engine/chassis setup. A version of the CTR is going to show up in the Acura lineup IMHO. I agree that it won't be a hatch b/c that would steal sales away from Honda.

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
They need to build an Acura version w/ more tech, awd, dual clutch, K20C1 and call it an integra and profit!

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
They need to build an Acura version w/ more tech, awd, dual clutch, K20C1 and call it an integra and profit!
I like your thinking, but the awd has me concerned about weight. A stock CTR is pretty competent car in terms of handling. How much would we gain in performance with awd?

shakedown94

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Type-R #8479. Past cars - 80 Civic,97 Civic,87 Integra,94 Integra,94 Civic,00 Integra,12 Hyundai Accent
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I like your thinking, but the awd has me concerned about weight. A stock CTR is pretty competent car in terms of handling. How much would we gain in performance with awd?
so, based on an fwd to awd CRV, 115 lbs for awd by itself. dual clutch would add some also, can't remember the weight difference, but was not insignificant. But leave the Type R as the sharp edged track car and have the Integra as the higher end one and give people the awd/dual clutch they want. would sell a crap ton.

averagetrackdriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 S2000
Country flag
so, based on an fwd to awd CRV, 115 lbs for awd by itself. dual clutch would add some also, can't remember the weight difference, but was not insignificant. But leave the Type R as the sharp edged track car and have the Integra as the higher end one and give people the awd/dual clutch they want. would sell a crap ton.
You know, you're right. There will always be those who want the more luxurious, higher tech version of the CTR. I agree that the market is big enough to accommodate both crowds. But will Honda/Acura do it? The sales data is favoring SUVs/CUVs at the moment, while sedans are in a funk. I'm just hoping enough of us will keep buying manual transmission fun cars to convince auto companies to keep making them.

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
For you to say that, obviously you've never owned a Porsche.
Many Porsche models appreciate in value.
Just check out the Porsche 911R as an example, and most GT3's for that matter.
Better idea to do your homework, before making such silly statements.
Um...yeah...some limited production Porsche may appreciate in value...limited %...look at the MSRP of Porsche in general depreciate big time. Not a silly statement, 100% fact. Not debatable. Porsche depreciate big time. Sorry Sport.

mmuldoon

17 SI Coupe
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 SI Coupe
Country flag
For you to say that, obviously you've never owned a Porsche.
Many Porsche models appreciate in value.
Just check out the Porsche 911R as an example, and most GT3's for that matter.
Better idea to do your homework, before making such silly statements.
Furthermore...yes. I bought an 01 Boxster S that almost every option available PSM/Turbo Look Wheels/Tequipment exhaust. I think the window sticker was 80ish, think I bought it in 2004 from Porsche dealer in NW Indiana, for 45ish...sold it in 2008 when I got a new C6. Sold it for like 20k. It was perfect.. had 12k on it when I bought it...maybe 25k when I sold it.

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag

Found this today, dated September 15th. Have any of you seen this?

WhatThePuck

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Acura Rsx (sold), '19 CW CTR 23909
Country flag
That looks like the 2016 concept car to me.
The person who posted that video had another video with that vehicle in it and a big screen display and it said prototype. So yeah you're probably right