Featured 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed

1. O Haiii

O Haiii Senior Member

Car(s):
    acura
    Trust me, that isnt the actual 2019 production model. They used the picture to illustrate the accessories only.

Zooropa82 thanked this.
  2. Driveitlikeuboughtit

Driveitlikeuboughtit Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CW CTR
    Trust you? lol, ok. Why? And when has an accessories brochure used a totally different car to advertise accessories for that car?

zroger73 and koochieman thanked this.
  3. evolute

evolute Member

Car(s):
    Ford Fiesta
    I was thinking the same thing.

4. leehom

leehom Senior Member

Car(s):
    Honda, back at it again
    That's what doesn't add up for me as well. Usually when there is a prototype bumper spied, it's released the following year. Don't know why they would be testing it to release over a year later.

It's safe to say most people didn't even realize this was the accessories brochure. It's a near carbon copy of the 2017 accessory brochure minus the headlight change and a few lines missing like *available for 2017 CTR later this year etc*.

5. dn7309

dn7309 Senior Member

First Name:
    Danny
    Car(s):
    Civic Sport
    Keep in mind that Honda and Acura of America (Honda Japan is another story, they take incredible photos for their marketing material) tend to use half ass photoshop on their marketing material, I would not buy into my speculation.

When the 8th Gen SI refresh marketing material was release a while back, instead of taking new pictures they just photoshop the new bumper into the car. I know this because the reflection on the water puddle clearly show the SI pre-refresh. Same goes got the last gen Acura TSX brochure.

6. flacobill

flacobill Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 CW CTR, 2002 EBP RSX
    I totally agree with you....
    Everyone here is basing their opinions & speculation on an accy brochure only.
    I’ll believe all this when I see the MY19 car brochure, not the accy brochure.

7. Iilac

Iilac Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.

Car(s):
    S2000, CTR, G35S, Maxima
    I am kinda skeptical but why would Honda commission a company to photoshop new headlights onto the 19 type R when they have countless promotional pictures of pre facelifted Type R with the ole led lights to put on the accessory brochure.

Driveitlikeuboughtit thanked this.
  8. THE! CrazyKiwi

THE! CrazyKiwi Senior Member

Car(s):
    I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
    There isn't going to be a new model, I don't know why there are constant posts about "base", "touring" or "track" versions because it isn't happening. Car manufacturers test things all the time, it doesn't mean that those things will ever reach production and even if they did it's often for a specific market/country. Enjoy your 2017/2018 vehicles and when the 2019's arrive enjoy them as well because you have something that will stand you in good stead for years to come.

9. UFO CTR

UFO CTR Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 CTR#1348
    :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

RallyeeRedAZ, neveronline and Zooropa82 thanked this.
  10. 8409_CW

8409_CW Senior Member

First Name:
    Kabir
    Car(s):
    2018 CTR, 1992 Civic , 2007 RX350
    As an '18 owner, I'm surprised so many other current owners even care this much about rumors.

Is anyone really planning to trade in their '17 or '18 for a '19 due to a headlight change? Radio volume knob? Honda sensing? etc? lol

11. Ultimateone

Ultimateone New Member

Car(s):
    BMW 435
    Happens all the time for any car make

12. MonkeyConQueso

MonkeyConQueso Senior Member

Systems Engineer
    First Name:
    Armand
    Car(s):
    2017 CTR
    More than enough people out there have disposable incomes to be able to trade up to a newer MY just because of features. So....yeah, people are planning that.

Also don't forget that they can break even/make profit usually with their CTR, and if they have contacts to get a new one at MSRP, then... who cares.

That being said.... :popcorn:

13. Night Fury

Night Fury Senior Member

Car(s):
    Black Type R
    Am I crazy or they just look about the same? Whoever did tape the front never separated the badge from the grill's lower section and gives the idea of a different design, and the photo shoot position too. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 10.03.46 AM.jpg

CCDA219D-8459-4D8F-820F-FD08EF355174.jpeg

14. redwing497

redwing497 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
    Looking at those 2 pics, I feel like the black piece across the grille is a little more narrow than the bottom pic. In the camo pick, it doesn't go as far DOWN the H badge (if that makes sense). Also, there is clearly something INSIDE the black mesh grilles by the fog lights that is protruding. I'm guessing it's probably body colored to visually reduce the size of those black pieces.

15. heavyD

heavyD Senior Member

Car(s):
    2018 F87
    I don't see the point of camouflaging it if there weren't some changes behind it. It definitely appears the grill opening is slightly larger as you can see the black plastic intercepts the H badge just below center on the bottom pick but the top pick it intercepts the upper 1/3 of the badge. I don't think we are talking about an earth shattering refresh here but it looks like some subtle changes may be in store.