2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed

O Haiii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
acura
Country flag
Call it denial, but I still can't believe it. All those spy shots of the bumper changes can't be for a future generation, so are we saying that the brochure represents a non-touring trim? If so, it still has the "touring" wing. Guess I'm just a little confused/disappointed if this is true.
Trust me, that isnt the actual 2019 production model. They used the picture to illustrate the accessories only.
Sponsored

leehom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, back at it again
Country flag
All those spy shots of the bumper changes can't be for a future generation, so are we saying that the brochure represents a non-touring trim? If so, it still has the "touring" wing. Guess I'm just a little confused/disappointed if this is true.
That's what doesn't add up for me as well. Usually when there is a prototype bumper spied, it's released the following year. Don't know why they would be testing it to release over a year later.

It's safe to say most people didn't even realize this was the accessories brochure. It's a near carbon copy of the 2017 accessory brochure minus the headlight change and a few lines missing like *available for 2017 CTR later this year etc*.

dn7309

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport
Country flag
Keep in mind that Honda and Acura of America (Honda Japan is another story, they take incredible photos for their marketing material) tend to use half ass photoshop on their marketing material, I would not buy into my speculation.

When the 8th Gen SI refresh marketing material was release a while back, instead of taking new pictures they just photoshop the new bumper into the car. I know this because the reflection on the water puddle clearly show the SI pre-refresh. Same goes got the last gen Acura TSX brochure.

flacobill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 IS500 his, 2020 RR FK7- hers
Country flag
Trust me, that isnt the actual 2019 production model. They used the picture to illustrate the accessories only.
I totally agree with you....
Everyone here is basing their opinions & speculation on an accy brochure only.
I’ll believe all this when I see the MY19 car brochure, not the accy brochure.

Iilac

Spelled with a I not a L for Iilac.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000, CTR, TUNDRA, MAXIMA, CX9
Country flag
I am kinda skeptical but why would Honda commission a company to photoshop new headlights onto the 19 type R when they have countless promotional pictures of pre facelifted Type R with the ole led lights to put on the accessory brochure.

THE! CrazyKiwi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like trucks coz I'm a truck guy.
Country flag
There isn't going to be a new model, I don't know why there are constant posts about "base", "touring" or "track" versions because it isn't happening. Car manufacturers test things all the time, it doesn't mean that those things will ever reach production and even if they did it's often for a specific market/country. Enjoy your 2017/2018 vehicles and when the 2019's arrive enjoy them as well because you have something that will stand you in good stead for years to come.

8409_CW

First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
As an '18 owner, I'm surprised so many other current owners even care this much about rumors.

Is anyone really planning to trade in their '17 or '18 for a '19 due to a headlight change? Radio volume knob? Honda sensing? etc? lol

Ultimateone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 STI
Country flag
As an '18 owner, I'm surprised so many other current owners even care this much about rumors.

Is anyone really planning to trade in their '17 or '18 for a '19 due to a headlight change? Radio volume knob? Honda sensing? etc? lol
Happens all the time for any car make

MonkeyConQueso

First Name
Armand
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
More than enough people out there have disposable incomes to be able to trade up to a newer MY just because of features. So....yeah, people are planning that.

Also don't forget that they can break even/make profit usually with their CTR, and if they have contacts to get a new one at MSRP, then... who cares.

That being said.... :popcorn:

Night Fury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Type R
Country flag
Don’t wanna take the credit for this because I didn’t post it on FB but a member did so figured I’d share on here. This is all I know so far. Idk what happened to the spy shots with different bumpers, grill and spoiler but they changed headlights to SI style.
Am I crazy or they just look about the same? Whoever did tape the front never separated the badge from the grill's lower section and gives the idea of a different design, and the photo shoot position too. Thoughts?

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 10.03.46 AM

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Type R Brochure Revealed CCDA219D-8459-4D8F-820F-FD08EF355174

redwing497

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda S2000, 2019 CW CTR
Country flag
Looking at those 2 pics, I feel like the black piece across the grille is a little more narrow than the bottom pic. In the camo pick, it doesn't go as far DOWN the H badge (if that makes sense). Also, there is clearly something INSIDE the black mesh grilles by the fog lights that is protruding. I'm guessing it's probably body colored to visually reduce the size of those black pieces.

heavyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F87
Country flag
Am I crazy or they just look about the same? Whoever did tape the front never separated the badge from the grill's lower section and gives the idea of a different design, and the photo shoot position too. Thoughts?

Screen Shot 2018-07-16 at 10.03.46 AM.jpg

CCDA219D-8459-4D8F-820F-FD08EF355174.jpeg
I don't see the point of camouflaging it if there weren't some changes behind it. It definitely appears the grill opening is slightly larger as you can see the black plastic intercepts the H badge just below center on the bottom pick but the top pick it intercepts the upper 1/3 of the badge. I don't think we are talking about an earth shattering refresh here but it looks like some subtle changes may be in store.
Sponsored