2019 Civic sport coupe low volume sound system?

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2019 Coupe sport
Country flag
Hi,

First of all I'm really bad with cars. I total noob.

I barely bought a 2019 civic civic sport and I feel the sound system lacks power or low end/bass

I am coming from a scion sc that had pioneer.

My question will be is this normal? I have tried Spotify, YouTube, Pandora and it just depends a little on how well music is produce to sound louder I found myself always about 25 mark for volumen even more to try to get the feedback I want.

If this is how it is what do you guys recommend to upgrade to I'm very hesitant to be very invassive with my new car I want something not that expensive, complicated or fancy I just want that decent punch I am missing. What you guys recommend to get for what I'm looking. More along the lines of an amplifier maybe, subwoofer or something? Not looking to change speaker and stuff or is necessary?

Hope I explained myself. And if you do recommend something hope can be with links of the products.

Thanks
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There's a yuge thread re: the premium sound system (which I know you don't have). But Scopesys goes into ninja mode with a complete analysis of Honda's digital signal processing. Yes... the system is kinda anemic. And it's not easy to change it out. Many folks have just bought a relatively inexpensive powered subwoofer and used the rear speaker wires to supply the signal to it. If you fade the system to 100% rear; you can hear just how bad it is. It is this way by design. And Honda has engineered the processing to be 'optimal' at most volume levels. But this means that, as the volume goes up or down, the EQ changes.

Just search 'powered sub' in this section and you should find a bunch of info. And good luck.

pcsavvy

First Name
Vickie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport (Sonic Gray Pearl)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It is normal for stock radios and audio systems to suck. I have the Hatchback sport and I ended up adding tweeters to the front door and an under seat 10 inch powered subwoofer. It improved the sound dramatically without tearing out any components. I had to order the upper trim level tweeter housings and then sand the inside to fit my aftermarket tweeters.

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Sorry I didn't reply back sooner was very busy.

One shop told me to add an amplifier that goes inside the sound system. Basically take the radio or screen out and connect it inside and that would give me the reference I'm looking will make it "premium" what do you guys think?

Yes the other option was to add subwoofers only under the seat to be specific they told me to add some bzookas.

I understand they are threads here but still can someone kinda give me some links on what to add?

I really feel like it needs just a. Ump to me to be happy sometimes some tracks I just want to freaking return the car lol... ( Being dramatic I like the car but sound is the only thing I really like on cars and the wing/spoiler)

On that note they offered me the wing similar to the 2019 si for 300 on the dealership should I get it there or better to get that exact 2019 wing other place ??? Should that be installed making holes or just glued ?? Thanks all

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Hi,

I barely bought a 2019 civic civic sport and I feel the sound system lacks power or low end/bass

My question will be is this normal? I have tried Spotify, YouTube, Pandora and it just depends a little on how well music is produce to sound louder I found myself always about 25 mark for volumen even more to try to get the feedback I want.

If this is how it is what do you guys recommend to upgrade to I'm very hesitant to be very invassive with my new car I want something not that expensive, complicated or fancy I just want that decent punch I am missing. What you guys recommend to get for what I'm looking. More along the lines of an amplifier maybe, subwoofer or something? Not looking to change speaker and stuff or is necessary?

Hope I explained myself. And if you do recommend something hope can be with links of the products.

Thanks
Mostly, I play music from a USB stick, using the Honda Music player.
After replacing the center speaker, the sound is quite respectable.
Typically, I run at about 10, and it is plenty load enough,
To have a conversation with a passenger, it needs to be lower.

FM radio as source is CRAP .. so are some Bluetooth phones.
Sound is very dependent on the original sound source .. Crap in = crap out.

If you find 25 not loud enough, either you have a poor music source ? (Bluetooth , with source turned way down) or you need new batteries in your hearing aid !!

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag
Hi,

Thanks
If you've just bought the car give it a couple months for the speakers to be broken in. It will sound better. Maybe not as good as you want but it will get better. Then work from there.

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Mostly, I play music from a USB stick, using the Honda Music player.
After replacing the center speaker, the sound is quite respectable.
Typically, I run at about 10, and it is plenty load enough,
To have a conversation with a passenger, it needs to be lower.

FM radio as source is CRAP .. so are some Bluetooth phones.
Sound is very dependent on the original sound source .. Crap in = crap out.

If you find 25 not loud enough, either you have a poor music source ? (Bluetooth , with source turned way down) or you need new batteries in your hearing aid !!
How did you replace the speaker? not the technical part i mean did you replace after you bough it? what type?

Is not my hearing people who get into my car really notice it. Obviously radio is crap source, I notice that with great sources on youtube, spotify it sounds better than whatever other crap uploaded to youtube.

The comparison i was doing is that electronic music is lacking bass around 25 mark. Regular tracks i dont know pop/rock. hits form the radio that are on youtube with quality sound terrible at that mark.

taht why i asked what can i do to have my civic have a "premium sound" as most cars come out with

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you've just bought the car give it a couple months for the speakers to be broken in. It will sound better. Maybe not as good as you want but it will get better. Then work from there.
I bought it this June do you think is still to early??? Did it worked for you?

I still feel it sounds crappy.

that why i asked for recommendations on what to do to convert it to premium sound :)

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag

that why i asked for recommendations on what to do to convert it to premium sound :)
Yes it sounds terrible. It's a base model car. A lot of us don't even like our "premium" sound systems. If you're looking for bass, add a subwoofer to it. If you're looking for mids and highs buy some cheap components for the fronts and buy the tweeter housings. To be honest though, it seems like you should be talking to a shop and not coming to us.

In my opinion if you want cheap but don't want to do it yourself grab yourself some kicker cs coax for the rear, kicker cs coax for the front (component if you want separate tweeters) amplify them with a kicker key, then grab some Skar stuff for the subwoofer. They've got little packages you can buy but DO NOT use the amplifier wiring they include.

If it still doesn't sound good to you replace your radio with an aftermarket one and you'll be happy from there.

OP
OP

Soulz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes it sounds terrible. It's a base model car. A lot of us don't even like our "premium" sound systems. If you're looking for bass, add a subwoofer to it. If you're looking for mids and highs buy some cheap components for the fronts and buy the tweeter housings. To be honest though, it seems like you should be talking to a shop and not coming to us.

In my opinion if you want cheap but don't want to do it yourself grab yourself some kicker cs coax for the rear, kicker cs coax for the front (component if you want separate tweeters) amplify them with a kicker key, then grab some Skar stuff for the subwoofer. They've got little packages you can buy but DO NOT use the amplifier wiring they include.

If it still doesn't sound good to you replace your radio with an aftermarket one and you'll be happy from there.
I did talk to a shop they told me to get some of those bzokas which i think are the subwoofers.

Also i think they advised i dont remember the component name but basically an amplifier is a little box they told me that goes behind the radio screen connected there.

I am asking here to see what others have done :)

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I did talk to a shop they told me to get some of those bzokas which i think are the subwoofers.

Also i think they advised i dont remember the component name but basically an amplifier is a little box they told me that goes behind the radio screen connected there.

I am asking here to see what others have done :)
Well to be honest I'd advise to stay away from all cheap but high excursion sub woofers. I installed some bazookas in a Firebird and I didn't like how they sounded, and they weren't even amplified. Skar is a very good brand, but what they sell at for that deep boomy bass, so it's great in regards to SPL, but for Sound Quality I'd stay away. They're for a specific demographic and you may very well fall under the SoundPressureLevel group but my inner SQ guidance says stay away.

They're probably recommending a micro amp, but that doesn't mean it can fit behind the radio. To be honest there isn't much space behind the radio lol and despite how small the amp is I'm not sure a micro amp would but you never know! The Kicker Key amp is a micro amp with some EQ features and is a great amp for the price. I honestly would recommend bumping up to the AudioControl ACM 4.300 because of its higher Signal to Noise Ratio and higher output but it requires a separate amplifier wiring kit where the kicker key does not.

I don't know if others will answer, but a bunch of people on here have done a bunch of things in regards to audio. I'm an MECP certified installer who's passionate about Car Audio so feel free to ask away!

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
First get your phone eq right with viper...itll make a ton of difference and it's hard to mess with audio in these cars upgrade the speakers and get a underseat sub for low end

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If your sound is coming from your phone via Bluetooth, it is always going to sound inferior, no matter what you do to your car system.

(That will change in the future, when both Smartphones and cars are equipped with HF Bluetooth, but till that day finally comes, you are stuck with normal, low bandwidth Bluetooth)

If you are going to continue to listen to streaming music, over Bluetooth, you are basically stuck with poor audio, no matter what you do to the car system.

If you really want to know just how much the Car system is contributing to the poor audio, you need to at least evaluate the Car audio system with a decent source, and if you have not Honda Hacked your head Unit, to be able to install a decent higher end Music player/equalizer (ie One that can play FLAC files), then your best music source is some high quality audio, recorded as wav files, and played from a USB flash drive using the Honda USB Music player.
The worse thing you can evaluate your system with is AM, or even FM radio. !!!

Fact the fact that your car audio is never going to sound as good as your Home Audio, assuming you have a reasonable Home system, or as good as listening with a reasonable pair of Headphone.

BTW: Do NOT use headphone when driving -- if not for you, but at least for everyone Else's safety on the road.
If you don't care about others, remember YOU are facing a heavy fine if caught, that will make your monthly car insurance look trivial by comparison !! Also WHEN you get stopped for wearing headphones when driving, consider what else they might find !!!

BOTTOM LINE: Music in your car is like watching a Movie. If you are noticing and obsessing over the technical details and the imperfection in the sound quality, then the content of what you are choosing to listen to is probably (c)rap. (OK, that got your attention :eek: )

Last edited:

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Google play also has a couple of equalizers that are pretty good

JohnnyL

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Coupe EX
Country flag

Start with the door speakers and go from there. Just remember to give time to be broken in.
Sponsored