2019 Civic Si HFP Package issue (or not)

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si, 1954 Corvette, 1959 Bugeye Sprite
Country flag
I paid full retail for my HFP package, and recently found out the Toyo tires it comes with are discontinued. I picked up a screw near the sidewall, and went to Discount Tire to order a replacement. They couldn't find the exact same tire as on my car; the one I settled on has a different tread pattern. Seems to me if one spends that kind of money on a factory package one should be able to get an exact match replacement tire. I'm mad!

If you ordered this package, what brand and model of tire did you get, and have you had a problem finding a replacement tire if you needed one.

Don :what:
Sponsored

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
I paid full retail for my HFP package, and recently found out the Toyo tires it comes with are discontinued. I picked up a screw near the sidewall, and went to Discount Tire to order a replacement. They couldn't find the exact same tire as on my car; the one I settled on has a different tread pattern. Seems to me if one spends that kind of money on a factory package one should be able to get an exact match replacement tire. I'm mad!

If you ordered this package, what brand and model of tire did you get, and have you had a problem finding a replacement tire if you needed one.

Yeah that sucks. I’d suggest buying a different set of tires and trying to sell the Toyos to others with the same problem. I don’t know how hard that would be. There are quite a few people with the HFP package on these forums.

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Where are you getting that from?
That's very interesting. I'm getting that from the tires that are on my car after the package was installed. My HFP package came with 235/35x19 Toyo tires, not Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

Okay, I misunderstood your reply. You are addressing waterudoing, not me. I'd like to know where he got that info too.
Don

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
That's very interesting. I'm getting that from the tires that are on my car after the package was installed. My HFP package came with 235/35x19 Toyo tires, not Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires.

Okay, I misunderstood your reply. You are addressing waterudoing, not me. I'd like to know where he got that info too.
Don
Lol he may be joking. Also, sorry about you not being able to get replacement tires. That just doesn't seem right. It's not common to wear out all 4 tires evenly to have the opportunity to have a full change out. Honda can't get you a replacement?

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Lol he may be joking. Also, sorry about you not being able to get replacement tires. That just doesn't seem right. It's not common to wear out all 4 tires evenly to have the opportunity to have a full change out. Honda can't get you a replacement?
I later googled an article that suggested it is Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that come with the HFP package for the Civic Si.

Edit: I have contacted American Honda about this, and can't wait to read their reply if any.

Don

Last edited:

Big T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI HFP PACKAGE
Country flag
I later googled an article that suggested it is Michelin Pilot Sport 4S tires that come with the HFP package for the Civic Si.

Don
I just purchased, in August, a 2018 SI with the HFP packaged installed and it came with the Michelin Pilot 4S 235/35/19. The car was still in the showroom at the dealership. The bonus was it also came with the original 18" Honda rims and Goodyear 235/40/18 tires. I was told by the salesperson that there was no HFP package for 2019 but you could buy the pieces separate. Maybe that's why you got Toyo Tires instead. Also I am in Canada, another possibility of the difference in tires

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Damn, I can't believe that. I am very surprised hfp would come with PS4. I mean I have them on my car and love it but it's deff overkill for our car. I sometimes wish I could have spent extra on it.

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I just purchased, in August, a 2018 SI with the HFP packaged installed and it came with the Michelin Pilot 4S 235/35/19. The car was still in the showroom at the dealership. The bonus was it also came with the original 18" Honda rims and Goodyear 235/40/18 tires. I was told by the salesperson that there was no HFP package for 2019 but you could buy the pieces separate. Maybe that's why you got Toyo Tires instead. Also I am in Canada, another possibility of the difference in tires
The HFP package is indeed an option for 2019, and is listed as such on Honda's website. You may be right that it is not a 2019 option in Canada, but it is in the US. Thanks for your input.

Don :)

racer

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan.
Country flag
The car manufacturer is not required to, nor can they control, tire availability once the car leave their control. They are not paying Toyo or brand "x" to provide a lifetime supply of tires for you. Sorry. That's not how it works.

Also, you are relying on the accuracy of the vendor you went to that couldn't find the tire. Are they a Toyo dealer? Did you reach out to Toyo? Maybe the tire is simply in such great demand that its sold out? (all those HFP packages ;) ) Or, did they simply want to sell you a tire they had in stock? Did you try the Honda dealer?

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The car manufacturer is not required to, nor can they control, tire availability once the car leave their control. They are not paying Toyo or brand "x" to provide a lifetime supply of tires for you. Sorry. That's not how it works.

Also, you are relying on the accuracy of the vendor you went to that couldn't find the tire. Are they a Toyo dealer? Did you reach out to Toyo? Maybe the tire is simply in such great demand that its sold out? (all those HFP packages ;) ) Or, did they simply want to sell you a tire they had in stock? Did you try the Honda dealer?
I am well aware of the gist of your first paragraph.

The vendor is Discount Tires. I tried my Honda dealer; no help. DT had to order the tire, and none were available. Good idea regarding Toyo. I will email them.

What irritates me is that the HFP package seems to come with Michelin tires; not 100% certain of this but lots of info points to it.

Don

OP
OP
civilcivicguy

civilcivicguy

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

This final word from American Honda...

Thank you for providing us with the requested information. Upon further review, our Honda Factory Performance Package for our 2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe comes with 19-inch Sport Summer Tires. There is no mention in regards to what specific brand or model of tires should be installed. At your convenience, please contact the Service Manager of Gillman Honda. They will be in the best position to provide you with further assistance in regards to this inquiry.

Kind regards,
Honda Automobile Customer Service
Case #0993****

I think I will wait a year or two and buy a set of PS4 Michelins.
Don
Sponsored