2019 Civic Si Coupe, what should i expect?

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So, today I'm trading in my 2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch that i've had for 2 years.
I am picking up a red 2019 Civic Si coupe.
Anything I should expect from the car when driving it?
What are your personal experiences with the Si
Sponsored

Doc_Mello

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CBP Si Coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Congrats! Remember: Pics or it didn’t happen. :D

I love mine, for sure, even without mods. If you’ve never before had a car with a 6MT (like myself), you might want to expect that you’ll forget about the 6th gear while cruising on the freeway, suddenly remember, up shift one last time, then sit back satisfied. :D You may also expect to throttle it more than necessary at love speeds just to hear the turbo spool and blow, :eek:

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I love mine, for sure, even without mods. If you’ve never before had a car with a 6MT (like myself), you might want to expect that you’ll forget about the 6th gear while cruising on the freeway, suddenly remember, up shift one last time, then sit back satisfied. :D You may also expect to throttle it more than necessary at love speeds just to hear the turbo spool and blow, :eek:
Well my Touring is full bolt ons, I'm transfering everything that I can over except the intake since the MAF sensor is different.
This is going to be my second manual car so I'm not unfamiliar with driving it. I was just wondering if there are any major changes minus more power

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
So, today I'm trading in my 2017 Civic Sport Touring Hatch that i've had for 2 years.
I have been driving a 2018 Si for about a year now...
(never driven a 2017 Touring)

What you will/might/should find

#1 Its a FUN car to drive, significantly more lively than 2017 Touring ?

Ride is a little firmer -- even more noticeable on badly paved roads
Also, I believe the tires on the Si are lower profile than the Touring.

Probably has less headroom than the touring, may be issue if you are above average height.

Seats are low, and legs are positioned more out straight. Something you may need to get use to, especially on longer trips.
Seats are Firmer, and more bolstered. may also take some getting use to, depending on your size. Seats do break in and re-mold to your body after a time -- or your body gets use to it.
Probably not quite as good rear visibility, or blind spot visibility, more so in the Coupe than the Sedan.

Probably more electronics etc than the Touring, can be a distraction while driving till you get familiar with everything - especially the Radio and Phone functions.

Electric Parking brake ..ok, but once again, takes some getting use to are a handbrake.

I know, I listed a while slew of CONS, but they are minor, and are far outweighed by the PRO, as you will no doubt discover, when you get some mile behind you in the Si.

Just DIFFERENT, so takes some adapting....

PowerPerLiter

Specific Output
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Si Coupe 91 Talon TSI AWD 6262 280's N20 and 87 Buick Regal T 6776bb built N20
everything about them is awesome really. Expect to play with stereo settings to get sound profile how you like. Expect the trans to feel notchy at first but will break in sweetly after about 10000 miles. You will notice how low the idle is. You will want some sort of front end paint protection applique. Also and this is subjective but you may notice the car is way too quiet unless the windows are down. (almost difficult to drive at first because of not hearing much engine note to reference during shifts)

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have been driving a 2018 Si for about a year now...
(never driven a 2017 Touring)

What you will/might/should find

#1 Its a FUN car to drive, significantly more lively than 2017 Touring ?

Ride is a little firmer -- even more noticeable on badly paved roads
Also, I believe the tires on the Si are lower profile than the Touring.

Probably has less headroom than the touring, may be issue if you are above average height.

Seats are low, and legs are positioned more out straight. Something you may need to get use to, especially on longer trips.
Seats are Firmer, and more bolstered. may also take some getting use to, depending on your size. Seats do break in and re-mold to your body after a time -- or your body gets use to it.
Probably not quite as good rear visibility, or blind spot visibility, more so in the Coupe than the Sedan.

Probably more electronics etc than the Touring, can be a distraction while driving till you get familiar with everything - especially the Radio and Phone functions.

Electric Parking brake ..ok, but once again, takes some getting use to are a handbrake.

I know, I listed a while slew of CONS, but they are minor, and are far outweighed by the PRO, as you will no doubt discover, when you get some mile behind you in the Si.

Just DIFFERENT, so takes some adapting....
The wheels are nearly identical from the Sport Touring Vs. SI.
I had premium audio therefore the same radio.
Remember, The sport touring is a $30,000 car. I basically had everything interior wise except the seats.

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
everything about them is awesome really. Expect to play with stereo settings to get sound profile how you like. Expect the trans to feel notchy at first but will break in sweetly after about 10000 miles. You will notice how low the idle is. You will want some sort of front end paint protection applique. Also and this is subjective but you may notice the car is way too quiet unless the windows are down. (almost difficult to drive at first because of not hearing much engine note to reference during shifts)
I'm going catless downpipe almost right away as I already have Ktuner, Downpipe, Frontpipe, Front mount intercooler, catch can, and other stuff for this car ready to go.

bugboy32337

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe (MSM)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I never use 6th ... and I've been a manual driver for 30 years. I've found, in the rolling hills of north Florida, that 5th yields my best mileage ...

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Remember the engine isn't what makes it special, it's the entire package as a whole. Hopefully you have roads with corners where you live otherwise you might feel like the upgrade wasn't much of an upgrade.

When you get to take it around real good you'll realize just how much of an upgrade it was.

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Remember the engine isn't what makes it special, it's the entire package as a whole. Hopefully you have roads with corners where you live otherwise you might feel like the upgrade wasn't much of an upgrade.

When you get to take it around real good you'll realize just how much of an upgrade it was.
I am planning to track the car. I live in a big city so there isn't much open roads unless I look for them.

Honda_RacerX

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Yes, you should expect to fall in love with it because the red Si coupes are sexy af.

Huge upgrade over the sport hatch. The shifter is so smooth and sporty. And...that LSD tho.

MutatedMango

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Civic Si FC3
Country flag
Hey I have this exact car. Lmk about any questions. I learned how to drive stick in this car and one thing I've noticed is that the car does not like to chill around in low gears. Like it engine brakes and does the back and forth stuff and is a lot smoother in higher gears. Apparently this doesn't happen in N/A cars and is bc of the turbo set up or something like that.

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Expect to look for wider parking spaces. I have the coupe and the doors require more space so you can get out of the car.

OP
OP
swah_fk7

swah_fk7

Regamaster King
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Expect to look for wider parking spaces. I have the coupe and the doors require more space so you can get out of the car.
Thank you, i figured since they're longer that it would require more room to open.

MattyNice

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Had a touring sedan for a week when car was in the shop. I would expect about the same acceleration wise, but a firmer ride, better grip (especially, in curves going in and out) much better acceleration out of turns due to the lsd (I mean it’s night and day) and a bigger bill at the gas pump. Oh, and the rear will come out some if your turn in aggressive, but not so much you’ll loose control.
Sponsored