j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Si, 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Either the auto turn on feature doesn't work, or its not turned on. I'd suggest running a remote turn on.
Can I run a remote turn on with the factory HU? What would I connect it to? :hmm:
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
There's a review for this amp on Amazon that mentions the same problem. They ended up doing the remote wire and all was well.

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Last edited:
First Name
Carlos
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX, white
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
So I need some input here. I installed the powered sub over the weekend. Power is good, ground is good. I tapped into the front L&R speakers. I checked the voltage coming out and everything was reading right. However my subwoofer is not detecting a signal and not turning on. Any thoughts on this? I don't know what else to troubleshoot. I redid all my connections to the speakers just to be sure and they are all solid. I followed the chart I posted above to make sure I was tapping into the correct lines.

Just as a hypothetical, if I was tapped into the wrong speaker wire, would the powered sub still detect it and turn on?
You should have tapped into the back sub for this, there has been test done on our sound systems all front speakers cut off lower bass notes and send them only to the sub in the back you will not get the best audio tapping into the front

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You should have tapped into the back sub for this, there has been test done on our sound systems all front speakers cut off lower bass notes and send them only to the sub in the back you will not get the best audio tapping into the front
Thanks for the reply. Is there a link to the tests or a frequency chart I can see? The frequency chart I referenced was from SCOPESYS. Subwoofer freq response falls off above 40hz. Most of the sub frequencies are inaudible. Door speakers have attenuation around ~80-100hz which is what I wanted.
Everything is working now, I had to run a remote wire and it fixed my problem.

(1) Sub Speaker Channel
(2018 Honda Premium Audio Revealed Project)

SUB Amp Frequency Response

sub2.jpg

So with the current Premium Audio system's SUB, only covers the very LOW Frequency end of Bass Instrument Fundamentals. No wonder there is so little coming out of the Sub speaker .. it's all Vibration Feeling and no Audio Hearing,

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Thanks for the reply. Is there a link to the tests or a frequency chart I can see? The frequency chart I referenced was from SCOPESYS. Subwoofer freq response falls off above 40hz. Most of the sub frequencies are inaudible. Door speakers have attenuation around ~80-100hz which is what I wanted.
Everything is working now, I had to run a remote wire and it fixed my problem.
I assume you tapped into the FRONT speakers.
Tapping into the rear speakers will not give you much in Bass, as their low frequency roll off is at a much higher frequency than the front speakers.

Good to hear all is working now :)

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I assume you tapped into the FRONT speakers.
Tapping into the rear speakers will not give you much in Bass, as their low frequency roll off is at a much higher frequency than the front speakers.

Good to hear all is working now :)
Yep! Thanks for all the hard work btw!

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Crystal Black FI FC1 Si ✓
Here is some helpful info if anyone needs it. This applies to my 2019 Si Coupe. I am not sure if it applies directly to all Civic's with premium sound or not.

Wire Guide.JPG
Is this the wire diagram to the harness to the right passenger kick panel in the photos that you posted prior to this one?

If so, how did you tap the wires ?only option I can think of are T-taps but I really wanted something with a better connection. Any ideas?

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Is this the wire diagram to the harness to the right passenger kick panel in the photos that you posted prior to this one?

If so, how did you tap the wires ?only option I can think of are T-taps but I really wanted something with a better connection. Any ideas?
Yea it's the diagram to that harness.
I used 18 gauge quick splice connectors.

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yea it's the diagram to that harness.
I used 18 gauge quick splice connectors.
Thank you for replying! It was the last thing I needed to know!

btw, what did everyone is use to stop all that noobie bass rattling in the rear deck. I'm thinking some generic "dynamat" most likel.. any better solutions out there? Cuz its just embarrassing.. lol.

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for replying! It was the last thing I needed to know!

btw, what did everyone is use to stop all that noobie bass rattling in the rear deck. I'm thinking some generic "dynamat" most likel.. any better solutions out there? Cuz its just embarrassing.. lol.
Mat for sure, but adding foam tape and neoprene between the deck cover and glass made the biggest difference

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mat for sure, but adding foam tape and neoprene between the deck cover and glass made the biggest difference
Ahh ok ok. Figured sound deadener wasnt the key to the biggest problem back there.

Foam and neoprene, like the weather strip kind, correct? Thanks

man!

86salmon

It's Hedley, Hedley Lamarr!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic si sedan, 2001 Nissan Frontier
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Foam and neoprene, like the weather strip kind, correct? T
I had speaker gasket tape handy so that's what I used, but ya, it's a lot like weather stripping. The neoprene was leftover from an anti vibration mat I got for a washing machine to sit on

Good luck with the install!

Boosted1one

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I had speaker gasket tape handy so that's what I used, but ya, it's a lot like weather stripping. The neoprene was leftover from an anti vibration mat [\QUOTE]

Thanks!! The details are helpful.

Hopefully I'll find some use for these left over EVA foam,a rubber/cork anti vibration pads I got awhile back. Look too thick, but we will see. Thanks again fellas.
Sponsored