2019 Civic Si Coupe - Speaker Upgrade

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Yes I'm realizing that now. It's so frustrating with all that I read about just "tap into the front speakers" ... Is it even possible to get to them? I can splice into wires, that's not the issue, but how the hell do I find them?
Thurr pls calm down. Your amp is in your passenger kick panel. On the bottom will be the outputs. I can't get you a wire diagram right now, but will be able to once I go back to work on Friday then I'll let you know.
Sponsored

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Coupe Si, 2001 Ford Mustang Cobra
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Coupe - Speaker Upgrade 20190806_213346
Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Coupe - Speaker Upgrade 20190806_213335
Yes I'm realizing that now. It's so frustrating with all that I read about just "tap into the front speakers" ... Is it even possible to get to them? I can splice into wires, that's not the issue, but how the hell do I find them?
Which one of these harnesses should I remove to tap into?

Last edited:
OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thurr pls calm down. Your amp is in your passenger kick panel. On the bottom will be the outputs. I can't get you a wire diagram right now, but will be able to once I go back to work on Friday then I'll let you know.
For sure thanks a lot!! I'll probably just put the fronts in and do the sub this weekend. I appreciate the help

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
For sure thanks a lot!! I'll probably just put the fronts in and do the sub this weekend. I appreciate the help
Well the plugs probably aren't different but the wire colors might be. There's a thread on here about the touring amp wire harness, it may be the same on yours. You'll need to make a speaker Popper to check though. Got a AA battery lying around and some wire?

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well the plugs probably aren't different but the wire colors might be. There's a thread on here about the touring amp wire harness, it may be the same on yours. You'll need to make a speaker Popper to check though. Got a AA battery lying around and some wire?
I do. I have a drawer full of assorted lengths of wire lol.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
I do. I have a drawer full of assorted lengths of wire lol.
Take that AA and place a wire on the negative and positive end the tape it down using electrical tape. That'll make you a speaker popper. Then, using the info from the other threads place the negative wire on the negative on the harness for the speaker then put the positive end from the speaker to the positive end. Each time, it'll pop it. If it pops out, the polarity is correct. If it pops in then the polarity is reversed. Make sure it's the mid woofer popping and not the tweeter. Then, bam, you just found your speaker wires.

Royal_Purple_Oil_Filter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
I have been doing a lot of research in terms of upgrading speaker components in the Civic. So with the Si, I do have the 10 speaker "Premium system". I am still new to this, so if I am asking anything that doesn't make sense just tell me please.
**Side note: Having a lot of sub bass is not very important to me. I want to just have overall better sound quality/listening experience. I don't need a lot of power or loudness.**

I have a list of POTENTIAL OPTIONS for upgrades to the stock speakers.

Do I need anything else? Will this give me a noticeable difference in sound quality?
Amp wiring kit is implied.

Any input or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!
2019 Si Coupe here.

I can vouch that its worth to replace the rear speakers on the rear deck....at least for someone like me who is going to stay with the stock amplifier for now. I can't believe the highs that you can't hear because of the stock rear speakers not being coaxial speakers.

Don't make the mistake of picking 4" for the rear speakers. Go for the 5.25 inches as the stock rear speakers are....I should say modified "5.25" speakers that ended up being 5" size.

I haven't found any 5.25" aftermarket speaker bracket that is a direct replacement for the stock rear bracket so I used a rotary tool to remove chunks of plastics from the stock rear speaker brackets to make the aftermarket 5.25 speakers fit.

And another thing that you must consider is the basket design/size because baskets like the JL C2-525 doesn't fit to be appropriately installed to the stock rear speaker brackets as the basket design is big as I even don't want to imagine how much plastic is there going to remain on the stock brackets after all of the cutting/grinding that you'll have to do with a rotary tool.

Basket designs like the Polk DB522 or Infinity 5032 will fit great as it is the same size as the Hertz Deici 130.3 5.25" speakers that I installed at my rear deck.

Last edited:

WhiteSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
Oh yes. I already did that. I agree it makes a lot of a difference! I have the front speakers in now. They sound much fuller than the stock. I can definitely hear a difference.
Don't say that! Well, I still have them saved in my shopping cart, did you amplify, or do they sound better on the stock radio?

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Don't say that! Well, I still have them saved in my shopping cart, did you amplify, or do they sound better on the stock radio?
Haha so the first thing I did before any install was viper4android. Had that for a week. It was definitely an improvement. Personally, the highs still sounded harsh to my ears even with my EQ adjustments. The new tweeters cleaned that up nicely even with the same EQ presets from the stock system. The new woofers on the door created a much fuller sounding low and mid. The tweeter and woofer were just direct swaps from the stock system.
I don't even have my sub in yet. I'm putting the sub in this weekend hopefully and I'm confident that it will complete everything just nicely.

WhiteSi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si
Country flag
What I really need is a bass knob. I can only crank the Viper Bass up to a minimal amount, so as not to overload it on tracks with bigger bass. Maybe I can just put the knob inline to the speaker itself.
Has anyone ever done a high-level bass knob? (Speaker level, vs pre-amp level.)

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Here is some helpful info if anyone needs it. This applies to my 2019 Si Coupe. I am not sure if it applies directly to all Civic's with premium sound or not.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2019 Civic Si Coupe - Speaker Upgrade Wire Guide.JPG

OP
OP
j_si19

j_si19

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
So I need some input here. I installed the powered sub over the weekend. Power is good, ground is good. I tapped into the front L&R speakers. I checked the voltage coming out and everything was reading right. However my subwoofer is not detecting a signal and not turning on. Any thoughts on this? I don't know what else to troubleshoot. I redid all my connections to the speakers just to be sure and they are all solid. I followed the chart I posted above to make sure I was tapping into the correct lines.

Just as a hypothetical, if I was tapped into the wrong speaker wire, would the powered sub still detect it and turn on?

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So I need some input here. I installed the powered sub over the weekend. Power is good, ground is good. I tapped into the front L&R speakers. I checked the voltage coming out and everything was reading right. However my subwoofer is not detecting a signal and not turning on. Any thoughts on this? I don't know what else to troubleshoot. I redid all my connections to the speakers just to be sure and they are all solid. I followed the chart I posted above to make sure I was tapping into the correct lines.

Just as a hypothetical, if I was tapped into the wrong speaker wire, would the powered sub still detect it and turn on?
Yes

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Okay that's what I thought. Any idea what its not turning on?
Either the auto turn on feature doesn't work, or its not turned on. I'd suggest running a remote turn on.
Sponsored