Featured 2019 Civic Si Coupe / Sedan Specs and Pricing Released

1. d1zguy

d1zguy Senior Member

Car(s):
    17' SI Sedan
    Has to be a typo, the engine is not powerful at all.

healtoe thanked this.
  2. das borgen

das borgen Senior Member

First Name:
    Richard
    Car(s):
    E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
    Anything over 100bhp/L is generally considered powerful .

~137bhp/L is pretty good, and I think that is the 2nd most power density Honda has ever produced behind the type R at 153.

3. charleswrivers

charleswrivers Senior Member

EMNC(SS)
    First Name:
    Charles
    Car(s):
    '14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
    One thing that's a bit if a bummer... summer tires which were the only manufacturer option is now at the dealer. For $200, it wasn't a bad deal. While it could work out if the dealer gives you a good price on a different set of tires that the customer prefers... for many, like $100 N2 fills and $200 locking lug nuts, I see it as a way to 1) gouge the customer if they do stick summer on the car. They can put summers on it and charge the full price of the tires and make it seem fair, when you should only really be paying about the difference between the shipped all seasons (that they'll keep) and the summers they install or 2) pretty much make the car being equipped with summers off the lot a unicorn. I know there are better tires than my OEM summers, but I though the price was fair. My paperwork didn't actually reflect my car had summer tires on it, as I recall and I'd gotten a decent deal on it, along with a bunch of dealer add-ons that didn't make it on the paperwork since I refused to pay for any extras when they did a dealer transfer. I didn't set the world on fire but I did ok.

4. Justinus

Justinus Senior Member

First Name:
    Justin
    Car(s):
    2018 Modern Steel Si Coupe, 2014 Chevrolet Malibu LTZ2
    I think I would understand the decision to remove the summer tire option, but only if they had changed the OEM tire option to a top rated ultra high performance all season like Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

I don't think they did.

5. charleswrivers

charleswrivers Senior Member

EMNC(SS)
    First Name:
    Charles
    Car(s):
    '14 Odyssey EX-L '18 Civic SI Sedan '94 300zx twin turbo 2001 Ford F-150 Sport
    For $200, the just ok summers were, in my opinion, worth it over the stock ASs. As it was, the good skidpad results in the instrumented tests (.97g?) were based on those tires. For those of us not tracking/drag racing the car, but just wanted something better from the factory than dropping $500+ on another set and taking practically new tires off the car that suck, it wasn't a bad deal. They weren't great, but a whole lot better than the ASs for some spirited driving on the street.

6. LickwidApex

LickwidApex Member

First Name:
    Hunter
    Car(s):
    2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
    I'll be keeping an eye out for the HU model number. I want physical volume fan buttons.

7. Daytoner

Daytoner Member

First Name:
    Daniel
    Car(s):
    Civic
    Can you let me know if you get some information and pricing please?

8. DrwMDvs

DrwMDvs Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
    My guess is that it is easier access by just pivoting your thumb, instead of possibly having to change your hand position to access the button. But depends on where your hand is resting on the wheel.

9. NHCivicGuy

NHCivicGuy Senior Member

Car(s):
    Lexus IS300
    I don't have the part number right now, but I stumbled upon it. Looks like the 2019 climate control unit is around $75 from what I saw.

10. TechJunky

TechJunky Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si sedan
    It's only happened a few times (if that), but I've accidentally hit the cruise on/off button accidentally when going for the set button before. Not enough to think the button needs moved, but perhaps others have done it frequently enough that they thought it needed changed? I'd rather it be in the middle for symmetry, but if it's causing problems and this is a solution, I suppose it doesn't hurt anything.

11. zroger73

zroger73 Senior Member

Car(s):
    2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL-E
    That can be said about the 120 HP engine in the Fiesta I just inherited, yet it accelerates almost as well as a V8-powered Crown Victoria and gets twice the fuel economy because it weighs 2,500 lbs. instead of 4,200 lbs. :)

12. d1zguy

d1zguy Senior Member

Car(s):
    17' SI Sedan
    hmmm, you're right. haha

13. Jessegovols

Jessegovols Senior Member

Car(s):
    2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
    Must be the Canadian version on top with Navigation. Never understood why they are optioned so much better with LED lights, heated steering wheel and Navigation for about the same price as the US model after currency conversion.

14. Jessegovols

Jessegovols Senior Member

Car(s):
    2012 Honda CRV EXL, 2004 Acura TSX Manual Previous: 92 Mazda MX6 GT, 93 Mitsubishi 3000 GT VR4, 99 Honda Civic Si
    #74 Jessegovols, Oct 27, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2018

Yeah, I don’t mind the front ones. It’s the hideous rear ones that look so tacked on that I just can’t get past. I’m really so disappointed they didn’t change the rear of the sedan to more closely match the beautiful coupe. I guess I’ll wait until next year.

15. Nerd-Vol

Nerd-Vol Member

Car(s):
    2016 Mazda 3, 2004 S2000
    I’d love if it had LED headlights. If it had that it would be the value of the decade. Even without it, Honda has packed a lot of value in the Si.

xbbnx thanked this.