2019 Civic Si Coupe - Ported or Sealed Subwoofer Box?

1. Dharmaboy

Dharmaboy Member

First Name:
    Nash
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si Coupe white
    Hey Guys
    I have an LC2i tuned with a Hertz 2 Channel Mono Amp. Currently running a sealed older Rockford Fosgate P1 12" woofer. I am wondering if the trunk of the coupe would sound better with a Sealed (which is in there now) or a Ported Sub box?

I mainly listen to Synthwave, 80's, Drum and Bass, Electrohouse and some old school Rap.

Thanks

2. lhobbs

lhobbs Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic Si Coupe
    Ported will be louder so I'd stick with the sealed based on how many complaints I've seen of rattling with just the stock system.

3. PapiCompota

PapiCompota Member

First Name:
    Sean
    Car(s):
    2019 Honda Civic Si Coupe
    I'm currently running a Kicker CompR 12' with a generic sealed box. I've been told many times i screwed up buying a sealed and should've bought a ported box. I feel like ported is the way to go. I'll be making the upgrade soon.

4. MuffinMcFluffin

MuffinMcFluffin Senior Member

First Name:
    Brandon
    Car(s):
    1999 Honda Civic EX, 2019 Honda Civic Si
    As a general rule of thumb, sealed sounds a lot better for music. Cleaner, tighter bass. Ported is more like the sound you want to hear from movies. Not sure for cars, though.

I guess it depends on how much you want to hear vs. feel, and how much you care about the sound outside of the car versus inside. Personally, from the "outside listening in," I am never impressed by somebody bumping their sub and rattling their car. It does not sound good, and I'm not stopping in awe. I am simply annoyed. Just keep that in mind.