2019 Civic Si 4-Dr - All the Lights Came On ( ABS, EPS, ETC.)

1. Xcelent

Xcelent Biter's Garage EST. 2018

Wiring Project Manager - FCA US LLC
    Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si 4-dr
    Afternoon everyone! So, I thought I would post this to see if anyone else has had this concern on their car. I have a '19 Civic 4DR Si, with 14,2xx miles on it. Still under warranty. I woke up yesterday to get in my car and it had an array of lights on the dash, and warnings. First off it said I have a parking brake issues, EPS, hill assist, TPMS, ABS, Brake system issues.

Once you open the door to the car before the key is in, the car now dings, when you go to turn the car off with one touch to the push start, it will not turn off, it says, if you hold or press the button twice the car will shut off, which it does, but normally that is a function used when you are driving the car while it is in motion. EPS also feels wonky, it is not as stiff as it should be, and I can not use brake hold or use sport suspension. Ha, it has deactivated a lot of functions.

I went to the dealer today and they said something came up for a ABS sensor right rear and they didn't have a lot of time to further diagnose. There were no loaners of course so I decided to take the car. I will be bringing it to a different dealer closer to my house next week. Anyone experience a bad ABS sensor (not sure if that is even it), or any other issues that could cause my concern? Thanks!

[​IMG]

MorrisGray thanked this.
  2. VarmintCong

VarmintCong Senior Member

Car(s):
    2017 6MT Sport hatch
    in that kind of situation I'd probably pull the battery cables off to reset the computer. I didn't have your problem, but my dashboard shut off once while driving. Dealer replaced some kind of control unit and it hasn't happened since.

MorrisGray thanked this.
  3. tacthecat

tacthecat Senior Member

Car(s):
    '12 Civic Si Sedan, '98 Civic EX Coupe 5MT (gifted 3-2020)
    Low battery voltage or loose battery cable would be major suspect.

xbbnx, MorrisGray and Civic17siYAY thanked this.
  4. OP
    OP
    Xcelent

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si 4-dr
    Hi everyone! Thanks for the replies! I did disconnect the battery cables actually, [sorry I didn't post that]. There was nothing. I looked up the word ABS on CivicX's function, nothing came up. I imagine ABS wheel sensors haven't been very high warranty cost for Honda, and to be honest, it may not even be a ABS wheel speed sensor.

What I am going to do though, is continue to watch for anyone posting. Once the car is fixed though, I will post the what cause was so people can look back at this.

Thank you

MorrisGray thanked this.
  5. shoegazer

shoegazer assistant to the assistant manager

Car(s):
    2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
    You could remove that particular wheel and visually inspect for anything obvious. But, as mentioned above, it could be the sensor itself or anything upstream in the wiring where it connects to the Big Board!

6. OP
    OP
    Xcelent

Car(s):
    2019 Civic Si 4-dr
    Sadly with this whole COVID-19 going on there isn't really anything I can do at the moment besides look at the vehicle myself and inspect. ALl dealers have closed or have limited staff.. :|