2019 Civic headlights upgrade?

dallasjhawk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T, 2015 Acura RDX AWD Tech
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't be too worried about the auto light it unless your locale, like sunny Dallas, has tons of bridges to go under and can make your auto sensor go haywire in the mid evening or early morning sun. Either that, or you live in the mountains and have the same issues but with the peaks blocking the sunlight. That's the only time I've noticed my sensor likes to be weird.
you can change the sensitivity. but yeah, going under the Klyde Warren Park bridge will always turn them on lol
Sponsored

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you can change the sensitivity. but yeah, going under the Klyde Warren Park bridge will always turn them on lol
I work over at the High Five and live near DNT and drive Lyft at DFW, so I'm constantly going in and out of the underpasses. I've just switched to manual light control, though I have thought about doing bi-LED projectors instead of bi-xenon. I decided that the vastly better light output was worth the small annoyance of doing manual light control.

mcbacon

First Name
Vinney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX w/Sensing
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The reason the lights were rated poor was due to the massive amount of glare the LED version cause during driving. The halogens were rated poor for their very very poor distance. I remember reading an article on this.
You are absolutely correct. With proper aiming, I'd say that a $150 H11B kit from Lightwerkz or TRS and 9011/HIR1 high beam upgrade will slaughter the output of the OEM LEDs with less glare.
Sponsored