2019 Civic Hatch

lyndean

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T Sedan
Country flag
In case you couldn't tell by the right-hand drive, that's not the US model, so has no bearing on what we might be getting. This video is actually a couple of weeks old, I think.

syndragore

@gray.fk7
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks essentially the exact same to me, what changes did you notice?

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Im in the uk and have just bought a sport hatchback and apart from what looks like an option to choose leather and a new infotaiment screen its the same as I already have. Also looks like the climate controls are changing which is a big positive, but I am led to belive that we can swap them over on our models, does anyone have a definitive answer on this? I would be interested to know.

We are lucky over here as our cars are very well spec'd as standard, one thing I did notice in the video is a mention of euro 4 compliance which is odd as all european civic x are already euro 6 compliant.

OP
OP
RallyeRedNC

RallyeRedNC

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red EX-L
The changes are in fact the Vtech however that is only on the 2.0 N/A engine and not the 1.5 turbo. As for which engine options they will offer on the hatch? Lets assume both. They changed the infotainment, added adjustments for air controls, added a back air conditioning vent, added a volume knob, and there are changes to the front bumper and I believe side panals as well as the rims. Yes I noticed the fact that this car was reversed and from a different country however the specs will be the same from what Ive read.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RallyeRedNC

RallyeRedNC

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red EX-L
But the sport hatch you bought was a 2018 not 2019 correct? The 2019 are most likely not going to be released til 2019. They just are now releasing the specs and should have demos at dealerships by the end of the fall.

Im in the uk and have just bought a sport hatchback and apart from what looks like an option to choose leather and a new infotaiment screen its the same as I already have. Also looks like the climate controls are changing which is a big positive, but I am led to belive that we can swap them over on our models, does anyone have a definitive answer on this? I would be interested to know.

We are lucky over here as our cars are very well spec'd as standard, one thing I did notice in the video is a mention of euro 4 compliance which is odd as all european civic x are already euro 6 compliant.

OP
OP
RallyeRedNC

RallyeRedNC

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red EX-L
I also wonder if they are going to upgrade the hatch to 17" wheels as they are now going to be doing 18" on the coupes and sports and I believe their was a discussion of changing the 20" on the type R to smaller perhaps a 19 or 18. I always wondered why they chose such a big wheel for the type R. Wouldnt a 18" ride better and obviously decrease the overall weight of the car which is already low?

HatchorNada

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic Hatch
I also wonder if they are going to upgrade the hatch to 17" wheels as they are now going to be doing 18" on the coupes and sports and I believe their was a discussion of changing the 20" on the type R to smaller perhaps a 19 or 18. I always wondered why they chose such a big wheel for the type R. Wouldnt a 18" ride better and obviously decrease the overall weight of the car which is already low?
16s are more comfortable.

OP
OP
RallyeRedNC

RallyeRedNC

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red EX-L
16s are more comfortable.
Yea for sure or even the 16s. You would think the smaller the better. Really not sure why they did the 20s. Far too small of a car for 20s. And seeing its pure performance oriented its very odd. There arent many if any other performance small compact cars with 20s. I had 18 inch wheels on my amg benz and even those felt too big and rode bad. I think 16 or 17 inch is perfect.

Lifesabeach

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Sport Hatchback 1.5 T
Country flag
Satndard rims in the UK and Europe as far as I am aware are 17 inch for all but the base models and the Type R, I do have the 2018 model and apart from the infotainment which is a pain for climate control I am very happy with it

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This may be a 2019 civic hatch but it is no different compared to the 17 and 18. This is not a refresh like the coupe and sedans. Everything’s shown here is already an option depending on the country. There is no new features and the body, wheels, interior etc are all unchanged.

OP
OP
RallyeRedNC

RallyeRedNC

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red EX-L
This may be a 2019 civic hatch but it is no different compared to the 17 and 18. This is not a refresh like the coupe and sedans. Everything’s shown here is already an option depending on the country. There is no new features and the body, wheels, interior etc are all unchanged.
Yah I apology I just realized the hatch already has the different infotainment system. So yea it appears they are only changing the sedan, coupe, and type r. Well shucks thats too bad. I agree I would also love to see some small changes but maybe not til 2020.

MT_FK7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
WOP Hatch
Country flag
Have to keep an eye out on that rear air vent - kids would be happy...