2019 Civic hatch rear glass

diywhiz

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic
Hello - Just joined the forum and this is my first post. On Saturday I bought a 2019 Civic EX hatch. Its a great car however when I look in the rear view mirror I notice a horrible distortion. It almost like there are ripples in the glass. Its not just the corners but the whole glass above the wiper. I have read posts where some have experienced this on their windshield however did not see any posts on the glass on the hatchback.

For those with the hatchback, do you notice this as well? Not sure if this is common or I should go to my dealer to complain.

Thanks
pete
Sponsored

SSJBart2003

My 2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX - Vegeta approved
First Name
Bart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatch EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Pete,

Congrats on the new Hatch. I have an 18 EX and can say I see the exact same thing on my rear glass. I have not been as meticulous as I should about cleaning it but I don’t feel that’s it. We have just put up with it for a long time now. If I find anything out I will let you know.

Jonmd89

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
I have a 2019 si sedan and I have this too, I left the rear window in Florida sun for a couple hours and then pressure washed the window and it seems to be a little bit better

Lisa776

First Name
Lisa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I just purchased a 2019 civic hatchback sport touring last Thursday and I'm noticing the same thing in my rear glass. I took it back to the dealership and the manager thought it was strange at first but he lined up a few other of the same models next to my car and they were all the same. My husband has a 19 insight and his back window is sorta the same, maybe just not as in your face. The head manager at the dealership and a few mechanics there told me that a lot of the 18-19 Honda models are like this and they didnt seem alarmed. Its highly irritating to me though. I contacted hondas customer support and the person I spoke with said there were no known issues that he knew. As of right now, I'm waiting for a case manager to call me back.

Wh1SL3R

First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback LX MT Crystal Black Pearl
Country flag
My hatchback has that too - I just thought it was the rear screen heaters that caused the distortion in the glass. Didn't really bother me but follow up if you guys get it determined as a defect!

U.S.C

First Name
Bo
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback
Country flag
I have a 2019 civic hatchback and haven’t noticed this yet. That’s weird tho.

beachesatnormandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX-L
Country flag
I also have this in my 2017 Hatchback. I noticed it way more after having tint applied and the tinting place told me that they have had multiple complaints from Honda customers about it.

lexro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic LX 2006, Civic Sedan Sport 2019, Type R 2021
Country flag
2019 sedan sport. I have it on my rear window. honda went with very weird(cheap?) suppliers these days.
Sponsored