2019 Civic Coupe Sport

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
So I’ve had my car for about a week now and put in 500+ miles. I also own a 18 sport touring hatchback.

Differences 18/19.

Obvious difference right off the bat is the sound system. Volume knob. When I brought my sport touring, I test drove a 2019 but did not want black. I am totally happy with my 18 blue sport touring. I do find it is more convenient and it is nice to have. But honestly, I don’t care one way or the other. I am here to drive, not worry about a volume knob. The steering wheel is basically all I use to deal with the sound system. I only use the headunit for Nav.

I think there might be better sound deadening?

Glove box light. It’s not led I believe.

The gas cap.

Black headlights on my sport. Black grill?

Honda sensing standard now all models.

I went into this looking to buy the cheapest civic LX, but when it came down to getting a car, I was firm on $22.5 and wouldn’t go up a single penny for nothing. They offered me 22.7 on a sport. For $200, I am getting the sport exterior body changes. 18in wheels. Leather steering wheel and shift knob. CarPlay headunit. Fog lights. Honestly, easiest $200 decision I ever made. And although it wasn’t a color I wanted. The lunar silver has really grown on me. I dislike silver cars but the lunar silver is a little darker than normal silvers and have like this darker tint to it. I also like the moon a lot so it’s cool to have lunar in the name.

Overall, I am really happy with it. It has no center console mat, I will go buy that soon. I also like that it is kind of basic. No lane watch. No power or heated seats (gives me an excuse to get Sparcos eventually).

I wanted the 1.5t for the longest time and am really happy with my sport touring.

But the 2.0 is not a bad engine. I will eventually get k tuner. I have hondata on my sport touring hatch.

I also used to own an 8th gen with the r18 engine. The 2.0 is miles better than the r18.

It’s smooth and delivers more than enough adequate power for just normal commute. Do I wish it made more power? Who doesn’t want more? But as a car to get point a to pony b. And also something that isn’t jerky and severely lacking in power like a Honda Fit. The 2.0 is totally fine.

There have been instances where I miss my turbo like when aholes in bmws just gun it at the light because they are just douchebags. And my 2.0 simply can not keep up. With my turbo, I would have easily beaten those bums.

Another few choices would have been CHR, 19 corolla, corolla hybrid. Used 86/FRS.

But I really have no issues and am glad that I got another civic. This is like my 8th Honda/Acura.
Sponsored

OP
OP
bluehatch17

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
18 sport touring - 19 coupe sport

Got my hatchback back after a lot of things happened. Back to back driving, the sport touring seats are more firm and have more support. If I look at them though, they seem like exact same seats other than leather.

I have a front strut bar on my hatch (have one on order for my coupe already). And the hatch is definitely more planted and steering is tighter.

I feel like the brakes are more firm on the hatch also and have more bite on the sport touring as well. But the sport brake when I drive off in the morning 5-10mph in the housing community, it brakes pretty firm too.

Honestly, I thought a lot of these things were exactly the same pretty much for both cars. But for whatever reason, there is a different feel to it when driving.