Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am waiting for 27won to release theirs. At first I wanted the PRL but now I want to wait and see what 27won has to bring. I don't hear anything about mishimoto but I know you can't go wrong with PRL. I don't have numbers for you but they are out there. Just a little research and you will find it.
Or wait for Maperformance where they run a bov on the intercooler piping
Sponsored

ebatr24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Not sure what you are expecting from "numbers", intercoolers don't really make much power. The point is to prevent power loss from heatsoak which is what they help with. Both PRL and MIshimoto will perform great, nothing really has changed in the 2019 I don't see why any of the current intercoolers wouldn't work.

Lastly, that AFE trash looks super janky.

joshhjackson2112

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' SI
Country flag
Not sure what you are expecting from "numbers", intercoolers don't really make much power. The point is to prevent power loss from heatsoak which is what they help with. Both PRL and MIshimoto will perform great, nothing really has changed in the 2019 I don't see why any of the current intercoolers wouldn't work.

I assumed he wants temp numbers or something.

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I am waiting for 27won to release theirs. At first I wanted the PRL but now I want to wait and see what 27won has to bring. I don't hear anything about mishimoto but I know you can't go wrong with PRL. I don't have numbers for you but they are out there. Just a little research and you will find it.
Ive found them, but the numbers are odd as in they both use seperate non-competitive numbers to guage their product so its like taking apples to apples and trying to compare them but then you find out that one of the apples is an orange.

OP
OP
ThorSellsCars

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

temp numbers and heatsoak avoidance is in fact what im looking for and their numbers on which is better have non competeing numbers such as Core volume vs increased flow, WHP vs HP, IAT temps avg, vs 6 pulls, It just almost seems like they both want to advertise better but niether wants to advertise against each other.

123sillyboy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
temp numbers and heatsoak avoidance is in fact what im looking for and their numbers on which is better have non competeing numbers such as Core volume vs increased flow, WHP vs HP, IAT temps avg, vs 6 pulls, It just almost seems like they both want to advertise better but niether wants to advertise against each other.
I had injen fmic for few months, switched to PRL fmic for 6 months now, I am happy with PRL much more than injen.
No number i could provide.
I have a gauge here monitor the IAT temp 1 and 2, both number are similar, means the intercooler is doing its work nicely.
That's all I care.
Fitment for PRL is perfect on my 1.5 hatch.
Lastly, I hate company advertise their product in a way to letting other company down (Pepsi vs coke), so I am glad that PRL and misimoto didn't go that approach.

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
Or wait for Maperformance where they run a bov on the intercooler piping
You really do not want to run a BOV on your Civic. You will lose your spool .

PRL Motorsports

Premium Performance Products
Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
prlmotorsports.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 2016 Civic EX-T, 2018 Type R
Country flag
Back-to-back, heads-up comparisons are great for consumers, but we feel they're tacky coming from a company. We have no problem supplying any numbers, gains, etc that you wish to see, though! Any of the names mentioned make great products, so we suggest choosing a brand you'd like to support at a price-point that suits your budget. You'll be happy and doing your car a favor with any decision here (except with the BOV comment haha). :) The only real marketing pitch we'll throw to you here is the fact that there's enough of our intercoolers out there from near-stock to record setting 400+ horsepower cars that have shown this intercooler to be tried and true. Spool is not harmed, and temps are drastically reduced. *end sales pitch*
Sponsored