First Name
Dubya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Question re: the intake on the CTR. I had a 2019 previously but it was stolen, and ended up picking up a 2018. One thing I noticed is that there was a very noticeable swooosh on throttle release in my 2019 when compared to my 2018. Mind you the 2019 was bnib, so the intake was stock. Do you know if the intake/filter is different in the two model years?

Thanks!
Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Question re: the intake on the CTR. I had a 2019 previously but it was stolen, and ended up picking up a 2018. One thing I noticed is that there was a very noticeable swooosh on throttle release in my 2019 when compared to my 2018. Mind you the 2019 was bnib, so the intake was stock. Do you know if the intake/filter is different in the two model years?

Thanks!
Same engine, same intake.

Nfrpogiboi

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GE8, FK8
Country flag
Just curious, how’d they steal your car?

HONDA X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000
Country flag
Just curious, how’d they steal your car?
Same here, i would like to know as well. It’s the first hearing about an FK8 getting stolen.

As far as the intake it’s all the same from 2017-2019. A lot of people replace the stock air filter with a K&N drop in filter to hear a louder swoosh sound and retain the oem intake air box.

OneSickFK8

Banned
Banned
First Name
Jae
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PMM FK8
Country flag
Tow truck or reprogrammed a key fob...

OP
OP

sriracha

First Name
Dubya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
Same here, i would like to know as well. It’s the first hearing about an FK8 getting stolen.

As far as the intake it’s all the same from 2017-2019. A lot of people replace the stock air filter with a K&N drop in filter to hear a louder swoosh sound and retain the oem intake air box.

Yeah, it was most likely key fob hijack. There's been a few thefts in my area. Might be also something to do with the walk-away unlock, so turn that off. I'm not sure what that function causes the key to do and for the car to lock itself once it's not in proximity (i.e. constant pinging, etc.).

Side note, I figured that the intake was the same - however, I'm 100% sure the woosh in my 2019 was pronounced whereas it's almost non-existent in my 2018.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yeah, it was most likely key fob hijack. There's been a few thefts in my area. Might be also something to do with the walk-away unlock, so turn that off. I'm not sure what that function causes the key to do and for the car to lock itself once it's not in proximity (i.e. constant pinging, etc.).

Side note, I figured that the intake was the same - however, I'm 100% sure the woosh in my 2019 was pronounced whereas it's almost non-existent in my 2018.
They normally go after your key while it's in your house. If you leave your keys near a wall or window, a person can go about and clone your key by grabbing the signal from outside your house while you're asleep or not paying attention to what's behind the wall.
Sponsored