2018 to 2019 Si factory head unit!?!?!!!

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Civic Sport Hatchback (Boost Blue)
Country flag
Ok so I've given it some thought and I'm really wanting the 2019 H/U for my 2018 Si.
I know we've all thought about it....Maybe some have done the research.
What's the latest on this?
Has anyone done it successfully?
Pro's / Con's ?
Let's discuss because I want this in my life... :rofl:
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
Ok so I've given it some thought and I'm really wanting the 2019 H/U for my 2018 Si.
I know we've all thought about it....Maybe some have done the research.
What's the latest on this?
Has anyone done it successfully?
Pro's / Con's ?
Let's discuss because I want this in my life... :rofl:

WHY do you think you want the 2019 head Unit ???
The $1000+ KNOB ??? surely you think you are gaining more than just a Knob, but what ??

OP
OP
sgtmorph

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
WHY do you think you want the 2019 head Unit ???
The $1000+ KNOB ??? surely you think you are gaining more than just a Knob, but what ??
The knob and the other physical buttons too yes.

To be honest, SOOOOOOOOO many times, my finger slips while driving and trying to hit one of the buttons and accidentally hit the wrong things, turn off the radio by mistake, etc. since the roads might be bumpy or whatever. Having physical buttons and whatnot is simply more preferred to me. And on a side note, my lady cant stand the fact that there's no buttons or knobs HAHAHA drives her nuts lol.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
in for info

Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
What is there to discuss ? You have already stated, firmly, that you want this in your life. Go buy it.

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
What is there to discuss ? You have already stated, firmly, that you want this in your life. Go buy it.
I think he wants to know whether it's a plug-and-play, or more complicated.... And maybe also a list of needed parts

Last edited:
OP
OP
sgtmorph

sgtmorph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think he wants to know whether it's a plug-and-play, or more complicated.... And maybe also a list of needed parts
Exactly. If it was just money, probably would’ve done it already. But nothing with Honda is that easy. I’m wondering if anyone has tried this yet? Does it mount the same? Are the plugs different? What about the firmware? Etc. Way too many unknowns to go drop money like that...

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
The 2019 Unit should be usable in a 2018, provided you get the correct part for the same car.
You will need to replace BOTH the Display and the Head unit, and possibly the A/C unit as well. The original AMP, and radio tuner installed in the car should work with the 2019 unit.
By now, all 3 of these parts should be available from Online Honda sources.

From my experience playing with the 2018 Si head Unit & display, I am fairly confident that the 2019 unit could be installed in the 2018 Si, but I cannot be 100% sure, as I have not tried it, of know of anyone who has attempted it yet.

So, do so at your own risk :dunno:

Personally, I would not mess with it.
I have a recent Andoid 8 head unit retrofitted to my Maxima, that has a volume control.
I also have a volume control on the steering wheel (up and down buttons like the Honda).

When driving, I always us the steering wheel buttons, but when I am just sitting in the car, stationary, playing with the Radio, I guess then I do use the volume knob.

When driving the Si, I always use the steering wheel volume control, but If I am stationary in the SI, I use the on-screen slider.. and I will admit, the know is easier,, but not $1000+ easier, but and not lot easier than messing about, trying to swap out a very complex, highly integrated of the Entertainment system.

I am fast learning with the Honda ..

(a) If it ain't broke, don't fix it
(b) If it is broke, Dealer don't fix it
(c) If Dealer fixes it, its not fixed for long.

Reactions: 077

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Short answer, no.

You can physically swap them, but people have reported not all features will work. Others have reported issues with the anti-theft kicking on the unit after the swap

herox

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
(a) If it ain't broke, don't fix it
(b) If it is broke, Dealer don't fix it
(c) If Dealer fixes it, its not fixed for long.
Words of wisdom. I would love the volume and fan knobs though I'm not convinced the hassle/cost is worth it for me.

Short answer, no.

You can physically swap them, but people have reported not all features will work. Others have reported issues with the anti-theft kicking on the unit after the swap
Where have you read this? People have been able to retrofit Hondalink to the LX/Sport and the system will automatically detect what peripherals are connected.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/diy-retrofit-hondalink-to-lx-sport.15805/
Sponsored