First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey guys, so i noticed that when i bought my 2018 honda civic hatchback sport that not many people had a forum on audio upgrades. So I wanted to post mine up so all of you could check it out, and hopefully its helpful. The subwoofer is a Jl Audio 12W6v2. The box was made by some installers I go to , which it is made of fiberglass (i don't know the specs). They also installed my entire system. which you guys can see I upgraded all my door speakers with focal, and I used an audio control lc7i for the entire system. The amps i used were a jl audio xd 600/1 for the sub, as well as a jl audio xd 400/4 for the door speakers. I had the bass knob installed right near shift console (just my preference). The system exceeded my expectations, especially because i had the box made to use up as little space as possible. Honestly, I don't think i could be any happier with the setup. The guys who built the box, made it so that i could the sub to its full potential. Also, i had the installers place the sub where the jack was located and i had them completely take out the mold for the jack and everything (i wanted them to use as much space as possible). I got the idea from another guy who posted his subwoofer on one of the forums. if you have any question please let me know, I hope you guys find it to be pretty cool.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install VhTXeZZSTcKNmxsKCGopAw

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install xuH+qQaJQC+jhSGv8mdBsw

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install XLmhlGW7TjqfrU1V7Z1wyw

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install Ot+YpABYR+671FM2RlQwb

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install x+PFLxeTTKaFhNUzu4st4Q

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install fullsizeoutput_102d

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install fullsizeoutput_1029

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install fullsizeoutput_102b

Senor Sausage

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Civic Hatch Sport
Country flag
looks good bet it sounds way better than the stock system. was thinking of doing similar setup but wondering where you had the amps and lc7 installed.

civic1907

First Name
adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Turbo Hatchback 2017
Country flag
thats must be awesome

mine was upgrade to,
3way on front (audible physics tweeter, brax matrix midrange, brax 6.1 midbass
on passanger side upgraded but set to off, its on when needed
installed a 10” phase alliante, handling low frek just like yours.
Im using 2 helix hxa poweramp and helix dsp pro processor
sounddeadning floor, cap all four doors
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install 23319F61-3AAA-4FC9-A39F-4BE83E483749
Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Sport Hatch 12 inch Subwoofer install A9928B74-0710-4D0C-84E1-2380C9F99E14

OP
OP
johnny_p_7

johnny_p_7

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looks good bet it sounds way better than the stock system. was thinking of doing similar setup but wondering where you had the amps and lc7 installed.
thank you! yea for the amps, i have them under the seats. the models are fairly small and they fit nicely underneath the seats. I have the 600/1 under the driver seat, and the lc7i and the 400/4 side by side underneath. I wanted everything to be very discrete, but have really good SQ.

OP
OP
johnny_p_7

johnny_p_7

First Name
Johnathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
thats must be awesome

mine was upgrade to,
3way on front (audible physics tweeter, brax matrix midrange, brax 6.1 midbass
on passanger side upgraded but set to off, its on when needed
installed a 10” phase alliante, handling low frek just like yours.
Im using 2 helix hxa poweramp and helix dsp pro processor
sounddeadning floor, cap all four doors
23319F61-3AAA-4FC9-A39F-4BE83E483749.jpeg
A9928B74-0710-4D0C-84E1-2380C9F99E14.jpeg
You have a nice set up, how you have your subwoofer? I like how you have your tweeters, looks like it sounds amazing. Especially with the dynamat. For my front door speakers, I used a boom mat from amazon to get the true quality of the speaker. I had dynamat put on both of the back doors, i wish i would have taken pictures during the process.

civic1907

First Name
adi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Turbo Hatchback 2017
Country flag
You have a nice set up, how you have your subwoofer? I like how you have your tweeters, looks like it sounds amazing. Especially with the dynamat. For my front door speakers, I used a boom mat from amazon to get the true quality of the speaker. I had dynamat put on both of the back doors, i wish i would have taken pictures during the process.
subwoofer same as yours, driver side on the back. I’ll post photos
I’m using phase Alliante 10”. slim type subwoofer, require small volume enclosure.
here are some sample recorded using my iphone.
I have a few sound recording on my page

dennyschulz

First Name
Den
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2017 Civic Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
where did you mount the amps??

Custom box for the trunk>?