[2018 Si ] Weird clicking noise in 3rd gear

RM419

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
The car only has 2200 miles on it and yesterday I started getting this weird clicking noise in third gear under full throttle and the kicker is it's not every time, it's like 1 in 5 times I go through 3rd gear and only if I'm full throttle in 3rd gear. It sounds like it's coming from the transmission/clutch area. I have a TSP stage 1 tune on it in sport mode but have driven about 95% on factory tune. When sport mode is engaged it is definitely louder. It almost sounds like something rotating is flexing a bit and coming in contact with an aluminum heat shield or something... and it's a distinct 4 clicks every time it happens.

Here's a video of it happening under factory tune

Here's a video of it happening in Sport mode

Any Ideas?

*edit- I took a look on the underside to see if I could see anything at all. Checked the driveshaft, belts, fans, mounts, basically any exterior moving parts or parts that wiggle. I don't see anything at all anywhere that looks suspicious. Might be something I just have to go to the dealership for... hope it's not anything major. Would be my luck that I get the "special" one with a broke transmission or something.
Sponsored

Last edited: