2018 Si vs newer Acura RLX P-AWS??

Biff B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
Let me start by saying, the Civic has to be one of the best handling cars for the price. Yeah it is rather tame in a straight line, but in the curves.....very impressive. Some idiot (found out he lives in my neighborhood) was following me closely because I guess I did not accelerate fast enough for him when going over a set of train tracks. I like to take care of my cars, so I slow down like many others do. Anyways this road we have goes into a medium left and then into a pretty tight right shortly after. Pushed the "magic" sport button and went to town. I floored it into the first curve....I looked down at the speedo and was like "oh dang". Get going into the 2nd tight curve....didn't check my speed cause I was keeping a tight turn while glancing in the rear view. He lost a little in the first curve (that's when I knew he was pushing it), but after the second....he was about 5 car lengths back and I was still gaining (yeah he probably gave up). It makes me smile to know my little $20k ride can outperform some $40k+ car with its fancy pants All Wheel Drive and more HP. Yeah if it was raining this story may be different, but it wasn't. :) Once you get the Civic moving it turns (literally) into a totally different animal. Just wish it had faster straight line acceleration, but I knew about this going in.
Sponsored

LickwidApex

First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
This is a prime example of driver confidence being the 'winner' if you will allow me. I'll always believe that no matter how great a car is, it boils down to how you drive it more than anything else. Driver skill-up should be your first upgrade in any ride.

I realize this is a comparison of drivers will, but I couldn't help getting swept away a little by the story.

OP
OP

Biff B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Country flag
I totally agree Lick. The Civic gives you plenty of driver confidence even in stock form. I have owned many V8's , a 3000GT VR4, 4 cylinder turbo cars in the past.....along with a V8 Miata I built and just recently sold. That's probably what has ruined me for my love of straight line speed, but I can say for me I have learned true respect for road course styled cars. Especially the Si...it just hugs the road with ease. I am no Andretti, but I would probably be considered a "solid" driver. Sure we aren't comparing a race car to a Civic, but for the price point and enjoyment of the car.....the Civic Si to me is great fun for the money.
Sponsored