1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

2018 Si vs newer Acura RLX P-AWS??

Discussion in 'Civic versus...' started by Biff B, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Biff B Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic SI Coupe
    Let me start by saying, the Civic has to be one of the best handling cars for the price. Yeah it is rather tame in a straight line, but in the curves.....very impressive. Some idiot (found out he lives in my neighborhood) was following me closely because I guess I did not accelerate fast enough for him when going over a set of train tracks. I like to take care of my cars, so I slow down like many others do. Anyways this road we have goes into a medium left and then into a pretty tight right shortly after. Pushed the "magic" sport button and went to town. I floored it into the first curve....I looked down at the speedo and was like "oh dang". Get going into the 2nd tight curve....didn't check my speed cause I was keeping a tight turn while glancing in the rear view. He lost a little in the first curve (that's when I knew he was pushing it), but after the second....he was about 5 car lengths back and I was still gaining (yeah he probably gave up). It makes me smile to know my little $20k ride can outperform some $40k+ car with its fancy pants All Wheel Drive and more HP. Yeah if it was raining this story may be different, but it wasn't. :) Once you get the Civic moving it turns (literally) into a totally different animal. Just wish it had faster straight line acceleration, but I knew about this going in.

2. LickwidApex

LickwidApex Member

First Name:
    Hunter
    Car(s):
    2018 Rallye Red Honda Civic Si Coupe
    This is a prime example of driver confidence being the 'winner' if you will allow me. I'll always believe that no matter how great a car is, it boils down to how you drive it more than anything else. Driver skill-up should be your first upgrade in any ride.

I realize this is a comparison of drivers will, but I couldn't help getting swept away a little by the story.

Biff B thanked this.
  3. OP

Biff B Member

Car(s):
    2018 Civic SI Coupe
    I totally agree Lick. The Civic gives you plenty of driver confidence even in stock form. I have owned many V8's , a 3000GT VR4, 4 cylinder turbo cars in the past.....along with a V8 Miata I built and just recently sold. That's probably what has ruined me for my love of straight line speed, but I can say for me I have learned true respect for road course styled cars. Especially the Si...it just hugs the road with ease. I am no Andretti, but I would probably be considered a "solid" driver. Sure we aren't comparing a race car to a Civic, but for the price point and enjoyment of the car.....the Civic Si to me is great fun for the money.