Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone!

It's my first post here, and I'm a brand new Civic owner, so I'll apologize ahead of time for how ridiculous this question probably seems (I'm in the honeymoon phase, what can I say?)...

This morning, I saw a few leaves collecting at the base of my windshield in the corner. I reached down to remove them, and saw that a few had actually fallen in a small gap (pictures) between the bottom corner of the windshield and a plastic piece that sits just above the body. I tried to using some compressed air to blow the leaves out, but had no luck.
  • Is this gap normal? I've never seen any other Civics to compare it to, so I can't say for sure.
  • Does anyone know a reliable way to clean this area out without complicating matters more than I already have? I thought of trying with a hose and water as well, but if compressed air didn't help, I'm not holding my breath.
Anyway, thanks for reading my paranoid ramblings. I'm really loving my car so far, and I want to take care of it as much as I can. Appreciate any advice/guidance!

Honda Civic 10th gen [2018 SI] Gap at bottom corner of windshield IMAG1105

Honda Civic 10th gen [2018 SI] Gap at bottom corner of windshield IMAG1104

Honda Civic 10th gen [2018 SI] Gap at bottom corner of windshield IMAG1103

Vader_Si

First Name
Ryota Watanabe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Si Sedan 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello everyone!

It's my first post here, and I'm a brand new Civic owner, so I'll apologize ahead of time for how ridiculous this question probably seems (I'm in the honeymoon phase, what can I say?)...

This morning, I saw a few leaves collecting at the base of my windshield in the corner. I reached down to remove them, and saw that a few had actually fallen in a small gap (pictures) between the bottom corner of the windshield and a plastic piece that sits just above the body. I tried to using some compressed air to blow the leaves out, but had no luck.
  • Is this gap normal? I've never seen any other Civics to compare it to, so I can't say for sure.
  • Does anyone know a reliable way to clean this area out without complicating matters more than I already have? I thought of trying with a hose and water as well, but if compressed air didn't help, I'm not holding my breath.
Anyway, thanks for reading my paranoid ramblings. I'm really loving my car so far, and I want to take care of it as much as I can. Appreciate any advice/guidance!

IMAG1105.jpg

IMAG1104.jpg

IMAG1103.jpg
https://www.civicx.com/threads/anyone-else-have-this-gap.24555/

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
that bright green really shows off the gap

slowride

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Type-R
Country flag
The car already gets plenty of attention right or wrong, I doubt that color would help it...damn near would glow in the dark with that shade haha

OP
OP
cafecito820

cafecito820

First Name
Lucas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The car already gets plenty of attention right or wrong, I doubt that color would help it...damn near would glow in the dark with that shade haha
That's what I told my wife - when we go out, we'll never have to remember where we parked! ;)
Sponsored