2018 Honda fit

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I just learned that the fit can 'fit' more stuff and has better fuel economy. Yes it has only 129hp but since I buy my cars for the long term this would have been a much better deal for me since I baby my civic hatchback anyways...

Also did I mention each comparable trim to the civic is $4000 less as well
Sponsored

Leveslady

First Name
Christina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Touring 2018, Honda Type R 2021
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just learned that the fit can 'fit' more stuff and has better fuel economy. Yes it has only 129hp but since I buy my cars for the long term this would have been a much better deal for me since I baby my civic hatchback anyways...

You are comparing apples to oranges. :dunno:

jrschultz

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Manual
Country flag
If you are looking for the best value in terms of fuel economy and practicality and price wouldn't the fit win over the civic?
Yes, but I'd sacrifice some of that for the extra power and handling of the Civic. It boils down to priorities.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If you are looking for the best value in terms of fuel economy and practicality and price wouldn't the fit win over the civic?
IMO, not hardly. The Civic is faster, more comfortable, probably safer, equal or better mpg, better looking and honestly not all that much more money for what you get.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
IMO, not hardly. The Civic is faster, more comfortable, probably safer, equal or better mpg, better looking and honestly not all that much more money for what you get.
I just find it shocking that the fit is smaller, lighter identical in fuel economy but still has more space? How?

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
If your priority is space (and I take it you're talking cargo space) go for the Fit. Certainly as far as interior comfort the Civic is much better. I personally find the Fit to be rather homely but that's just my opinion.

IDriveACivic

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I think you already have a jack-of-all-trades car (Civic hatchback). Honda Fit is more suitable for those who drive mostly in dense cities. It's got good maneuverability + cargo flexibility. If you ever go on highways, it's much more pleasant to sit in a Civic. A tier above that would be the Accord. Wheeee slippery slope!

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
If your priority is space (and I take it you're talking cargo space) go for the Fit. Certainly as far as interior comfort the Civic is much better. I personally find the Fit to be rather homely but that's just my opinion.
Homely or not but just look at this use of space
https://goo.gl/images/oMNcXk

odinist

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.mithgarthr.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Aegean Blue Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I don't know about the 2018s, but my wife has a 2013 fit, and my Si gets better mileage on the highway and about the same in the city. Add in the handling, comfort, and the almost 100 extra horses, and it's a no-brainer.

Negan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Batmobile
Depends on what you want. If the Fit has everything you want, it is a cheaper car to buy and own. If it doesn't, and the Civic is more up your alley, you can determine if what it has is worth the extra cost to you.

Things like size, power, and features, are subjectively important. If the Fit's performance is sufficient for your needs, as an example, why pay for more performance in a Civic?

chestypuller

First Name
Skip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
looks like the rear passangers will die in a accident in the photo

Myx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX (Hatchback/CVT)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

I loved my 2015 Honda Fit. I like my 2018 Civic but the Fit did utilize space much better. Fuel economy is about the same. It handled well and actually with a couple of modifications (Intake/Exhaust) my CVT was running the same or quicker than most stock turbo Civics (None Si/Type R of course). Was running 15.2-15.3's in the 1/4 mile.

The 2019 Honda Fit is rumored to have a 1.0ltr turbo charged model. If it comes with this as well as a CVT (That doesn't do the phony shifting), then I'll be trading in my Civic for it. And my Civic is a great car.

OP
OP
LeaveEarly

LeaveEarly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic HB LX HS
I loved my 2015 Honda Fit. I like my 2018 Civic but the Fit did utilize space much better. Fuel economy is about the same. It handled well and actually with a couple of modifications (Intake/Exhaust) my CVT was running the same or quicker than most stock turbo Civics (None Si/Type R of course). Was running 15.2-15.3's in the 1/4 mile.

The 2019 Honda Fit is rumored to have a 1.0ltr turbo charged model. If it comes with this as well as a CVT (That doesn't do the phony shifting), then I'll be trading in my Civic for it. And my Civic is a great car.
See I knew there was someone else like me out there. But what loss trading in a new car for another one lol
Sponsored

Reactions: Myx