2018 Honda Civic Si - Crystal Black (Build)

First Name
Alika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Hey! My name is Alika, from Hawaii but currently attending school in San Diego. I’m not sure how threads are done on this forum. The only other forum I’ve used (for a long time) is IH8MUD which is a global group surrounding land cruisers. That being said here’s an image of my 1988 BJ74 land cruiser. It’s a 3.4l 4 cylinder turbo diesel Toyota. I’ve had it for a few years as my leisure and travel truck and is by far the best vehicle I’ve owned to date. My commuter on the other hand was a 1999 civic lx. Nothing was wrong with it I just felt the need to get something “safer” and perhaps more practical for the eventual starting of a family. So I went to the dealership with the intention of getting a new Honda Fit (A responsible choice I figured) and as soon as I sat in it and took it around the block I wasn’t impressed. As I was about to leave I saw the civic on the used lot and asked if I could test it out. Long story short now I own a 2018 Si with 13k miles on it. This thread will be a documentation of what I decide to do with my car for my personal history or the next owners history.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Civic Si - Crystal Black (Build) 07430E9C-4D74-44EF-A411-A76E1016616E

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Civic Si - Crystal Black (Build) E19EE73D-CBCC-45A3-A0AD-B8338A1C528C

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Looks exactly like my 2018 I sold in September! Except mine had a bit over 17K

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
sorry man, I know you were hoping it was the one that got away. :(:cry::puke:
Are you accusing me of stocking??? Cause that's what my ex girlfriend once said, although she couldn't prove it...

Last edited:

OP
OP
Salty_coconuts
First Name
Alika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
OP, Congrats on your new ride! Looks good.

What are some of your goals for your build?
Not 100% sure as of now. I didn’t do anything to my 99 civic, but coming from a truck / off-road scene where everything I’ve had has been pre tech so to say. I’m oblivious to the car scene haha, so this will be a learning experience. That being said I’m not chasing a fast car, I think if I was I would’ve gotten a Type-R or something else. Perhaps just a clean/reliable fun daily.

I think tomorrow I’m going to order some Enkei ekm3’s and maybe swap out the Goodyear’s for Continentals or Michelin’s. Or just ride out the Goodyear’s since they have 10/32’s left.

Honda Civic 10th gen 2018 Honda Civic Si - Crystal Black (Build) 5D9FA221-6B4D-4533-B9DC-6218B3F48669

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Not 100% sure as of now. I didn’t do anything to my 99 civic, but coming from a truck / off-road scene where everything I’ve had has been pre tech so to say. I’m oblivious to the car scene haha, so this will be a learning experience. That being said I’m not chasing a fast car, I think if I was I would’ve gotten a Type-R or something else. Perhaps just a clean/reliable fun daily.

I think tomorrow I’m going to order some Enkei ekm3’s and maybe swap out the Goodyear’s for Continentals or Michelin’s. Or just ride out the Goodyear’s since they have 10/32’s left.

5D9FA221-6B4D-4533-B9DC-6218B3F48669.jpeg
If you have the storage space, keep the goodyears on the stock wheels as backup. The goodyear all seasons this car comes with are not very good. They are downright scary in heavy rain. They also spin very easily if you floor it in 2nd gear.

The Enkei’s with a set of Michelins or Continentals will make an enormous difference. I use Continental ExtremeContact DWS06s. I’m a big fan of Continental tires. Their compounds are superb for maximum grip. I haven’t tried any of their summer tires yet.

If money is no object, then Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires are the only way to go.

OP
OP
Salty_coconuts
First Name
Alika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
If you have the storage space, keep the goodyears on the stock wheels as backup. The goodyear all seasons this car comes with are not very good. They are downright scary in heavy rain. They also spin very easily if you floor it in 2nd gear.

The Enkei’s with a set of Michelins or Continentals will make an enormous difference. I use Continental ExtremeContact DWS06s. I’m a big fan of Continental tires. Their compounds are superb for maximum grip. I haven’t tried any of their summer tires yet.

If money is no object, then Michelin Pilot Sport 4s tires are the only way to go.
Keeping the Goodyear’s and stock wheels might be tough since I rent. Plus I don’t like having a bunch of junk or lingering parts.

As of right now I’m not sure which route for tires I’ll take. Thanks for the heads up regarding the Goodyear’s, I might have to consider getting rid of them sooner than later; I noticed the 2nd / 3rd hear slip under heavy acceleration.

The Continental DSW06 would run me ~ $462 and the other option which is the Michelin A/S 3 plus would be ~$432. So as of now I’ll probably go with the better deal.

OP
OP
Salty_coconuts
First Name
Alika
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
Nice cruiser looks like it has a lot of fun![/
Definitely is! There’s not many in the US so it’s an odd ball and a conversation starter for sure. Very reliable and fun!

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
Keeping the Goodyear’s and stock wheels might be tough since I rent. Plus I don’t like having a bunch of junk or lingering parts.

As of right now I’m not sure which route for tires I’ll take. Thanks for the heads up regarding the Goodyear’s, I might have to consider getting rid of them sooner than later; I noticed the 2nd / 3rd hear slip under heavy acceleration.

The Continental DSW06 would run me ~ $462 and the other option which is the Michelin A/S 3 plus would be ~$432. So as of now I’ll probably go with the better deal.
Woah, where are you getting tires that cheap?
Sponsored