Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
I just got a 2018 civic hatchback sport manual transmission.
Is it normal to hear the metal clicking down your car when you shifts gears? Lol i know its a Dumb question
Sound Like metal clicking when changing gears
Im new at this
Other that smooth shift gears no crunch sound like the type R
Sponsored

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I hear it mostly when I shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th. It’s not super noticeable. I do have Acuity shifter cable bushings and centering spring, along with Siri Moto base bushings and their short shift kit. I highly recommend these. Definitely tightens up the feel and significantly reduces the throw but does likely add to the metallic feel/sound. These were the 1st mods I did and it completely changed the shifting experience for the better.

OP
OP
Israel

Israel

First Name
Israel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I hear it mostly when I shift from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th. It’s not super noticeable. I do have Acuity shifter cable bushings and centering spring, along with Siri Moto base bushings and their short shift kit. I highly recommend these. Definitely tightens up the feel and significantly reduces the throw but does likely add to the metallic feel/sound. These were the 1st mods I did and it completely changed the shifting experience for the better.
Where do you get the Acuity shiftercable bushings? And centering spring ? Siri moto base bushings? Im new at this
What car do you have?

swanarg

TheSwanwar
First Name
Anwar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
2018 hatchback sport. You can get the acuity products from amazon. They’re sold direct from acuity but if you have prime you can take advantage of that sweet shipping. Also acuity offers a full shift kit which includes their short throw and base bushings. https://acuityinstruments.com/collections/all/10th-gen-civic+shifting-upgrades

When I got my set up I wasn’t aware of this hence the Siri moto products. I imagine they’re equally good, I have some other acuity products and they’re excellent. There’s also a couple more goodies in the kit but you can buy things separately if you don’t want all of the products like the shift knob for example.

I got the Siri moto products from procivic.com. They’re based out of socal and so am I so they’re stuff came super quick and their customer service is excellent.
Sponsored